Mmmmm Mmmmm.... Juice boxes

what a lovely day for juice :D

Anyone remember those Hi-C juice boxes? with the monster dude on the front? BEST. JUICE. BOX. EVER. omg I miss those!!!

Ahhhh. Such a lovely day to giggle. :)

Does anyone remember this stuff?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jdvsY1Oq4K4/UacBnCv7YpI/AAAAAAAACLA/5neKZMxpbx4/s1600/Hi+C+Ecto+Cooler+Slimer+Juice+Carton+Custom+Cup.jpg

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

I've never understood giving your kid that kind of crap, anyway. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I can't believe what parents hand to their children to ingest. Ok, I guess 100% fresh juice in moderation is ok, but, it's basically sugar-water that's been processed all to shit. Hand your kid an orange or an apple and give them water. Learn how much sugar, fat, carbs and protein a child needs in one day and most kids are getting that in one meal!!

:blah:

:rantoff:

There is NOTHING wrong with this post and this statement. You aren't being a judgemental bitch if you're worried about what people are giving their children. Sure, a lot of kids will turn out fine, but guess what? A lot won't.

God, you're such a bully. lol

Apparently, I'm just a big jerk and a whole bunch of other names. Oh well.

• Like 1

I've never understood giving your kid that kind of crap, anyway. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I can't believe what parents hand to their children to ingest. Ok, I guess 100% fresh juice in moderation is ok, but, it's basically sugar-water that's been processed all to shit. Hand your kid an orange or an apple and give them water. Learn how much sugar, fat, carbs and protein a child needs in one day and most kids are getting that in one meal!!

:blah:

:rantoff:

There is NOTHING wrong with this post and this statement. You aren't being a judgemental bitch if you're worried about what people are giving their children. Sure, a lot of kids will turn out fine, but guess what? A lot won't.

God, you're such a bully. lol

Apparently, I'm just a big jerk and a whole bunch of other names. Oh well.

Join the club... :(
  • Like 1

oh good lord.

Juice, people. Juice. Let's talk about juice. IN BOX FORM ;)

Edited by hobo73

And I can say crap food is crap. It's not a judgment. It's actually proven to be "not healthy", but LOL, Oh well!! LOL!!!!

Don't judge my posts! :-D not that hard! Ignore them, in fact! Go chill in a pubic hair thread.

But pubic hair is so scratchy, ain't it? gets betwixt yer teeth and such :D

You can definitely say food is crap. I'm afraid you just don't comprehend how judgmental, hateful and rude you come across in every single post you make. You really do. You won't admit to it, and that's fine. I expect it.

But I'm telling you, it's the truth.

I don't judge, but I do not hesitate to call out jerks :)

Awe, it's so hateful to talk about juice boxes. Why do you care? I think you're over-reacting just a leeetle bit. Why do you take it personally? It's your opinion that I come off hateful. Learn the difference between fact and opinion. You're defensive and immature.

Honey, I am not immature lmao. I made a simple statement.

You have been nothing but a high n mighty, holer-than-thou know it all. You act all innocent and laugh it off, but deep down, you KNOW you go out of your way on a daily basis to be a witch.

You just labeled me a bad mother for giving my child juice boxes. You labeled millions of parents under an ugly label, talkin out your a$$.

You act like your word is TRUTH- lemme tell you, honey. Come live in the real world. You're so quick to judge, but you really have no idea.

I give Lucy juice boxes. She is incredibly healthy, and I am a damn good mom.

I have confidence in myself.

You....you're just smug when really, you shouldn't be.

If I had a dollar every time you bragged about being a good parent, I'd have my Corvette by now. :wacko:
  • Like 2

And I can say crap food is crap. It's not a judgment. It's actually proven to be "not healthy", but LOL, Oh well!! LOL!!!!

Don't judge my posts! :-D not that hard! Ignore them, in fact! Go chill in a pubic hair thread.

But pubic hair is so scratchy, ain't it? gets betwixt yer teeth and such :D

You can definitely say food is crap. I'm afraid you just don't comprehend how judgmental, hateful and rude you come across in every single post you make. You really do. You won't admit to it, and that's fine. I expect it.

But I'm telling you, it's the truth.

I don't judge, but I do not hesitate to call out jerks :)

Awe, it's so hateful to talk about juice boxes. Why do you care? I think you're over-reacting just a leeetle bit. Why do you take it personally? It's your opinion that I come off hateful. Learn the difference between fact and opinion. You're defensive and immature.

Honey, I am not immature lmao. I made a simple statement.

You have been nothing but a high n mighty, holer-than-thou know it all. You act all innocent and laugh it off, but deep down, you KNOW you go out of your way on a daily basis to be a witch.

You just labeled me a bad mother for giving my child juice boxes. You labeled millions of parents under an ugly label, talkin out your a$$.

You act like your word is TRUTH- lemme tell you, honey. Come live in the real world. You're so quick to judge, but you really have no idea.

I give Lucy juice boxes. She is incredibly healthy, and I am a damn good mom.

I have confidence in myself.

You....you're just smug when really, you shouldn't be.

If I had a dollar every time you bragged about being a good parent, I'd have my Corvette by now. :wacko:

Let's go out and take it out for a spin and pick some juice boxes and use them as weapons to fire out the window at people while we're at the traffic lights... http://saintsreport.com/forums/images/smilies/smileyshot22.gif

• Like 4

And with that, I am done with you, umoveme. Ihave said all I have been wanting to say to you for a very long time.

You, for some reason, see it as your duty to criticize and label others. You're hypocritical, mean, a bully, and not everyone will take it.

If it's not your damn child, look the other way. IT AIN'T YOUR BUSINESS.

You are the exact type of person I warn my child about. So shove it.

End of discussion.

Sorry... t I didn't want to stick my nose in this, but this post is complete and utter garbage. You say you don't judge, but are so effing fast to judge others. Look at this post, nothing but judgmental.

The way you post can be extremely immature. This "my opinion matters more than yours" vibe is very immature. This theme has shown up in the Rush forum, NWW, SOCN and now here. Maybe one day you'll step back and realize it's you and not EVERYONE else.

And... how arrogant is it to say "End of discussion"??

Couldn't agree more LIX.

• Like 3

The fact remains that there is a childhood obesity epidemic. Lack of exercise and proper nutrition is the cause. That is not a comment on anyone in particular but North American society in general. Introduce your kids to wholesome foods and exercise. It is one of the most important things you can do as a parent.
  • Like 6

The fact remains that there is a childhood obesity epidemic. Lack of exercise and proper nutrition is the cause. That is not a comment on anyone in particular but North American society in general. Introduce your kids to wholesome foods and exercise. It is one of the most important things you can do as a parent.

This is true. Next time you are out in the public square take mental note of the folks in good shape and the folks who aren't. The percentage of overweight-obese folks is staggering. I know when I was a youth there was always that one or two "fat" kids in your class. I would venture to guess that has changed dramatically today. I have really noticed since I have shaped up myself how out of shape most folks are. I am definitely in the minority now and will stay that way....
  • Like 1

This is true. Next time you are out in the public square take mental note of the folks in good shape and the folks who aren't. The percentage of overweight-obese folks is staggering. I know when I was a youth there was always that one or two "fat" kids in your class. I would venture to guess that has changed dramatically today. I have really noticed since I have shaped up myself how out of shape most folks are. I am definitely in the minority now and will stay that way....

I've been up and down... was in great shape until we had our daughter. kind of stopped working out, but still eating pretty well. We rarely go out to eat, and never eat prepackaged anything. Since my dad had his heart surgery, it really made my brother and I take a good look and make some changes. My brother is down almost 40lbs, and I am down 10 (he has A LOT farther to go than I do) :)

I've been up and down... was in great shape until we had our daughter. kind of stopped working out, but still eating pretty well. We rarely go out to eat, and never eat prepackaged anything. Since my dad had his heart surgery, it really made my brother and I take a good look and make some changes. My brother is down almost 40lbs, and I am down 10 (he has A LOT farther to go than I do) :)

:cheers: It feeling so good. Kudos to you and your brother. Discipline and the ability to achieve is easier for some than others. My stubborn, OCDness is a benefit when it comes to this kind of stuff..... :)

The childhood obesity epidemic isn't caused by juice boxes. It's caused by X boxes. I'm 45. Back in the 70s, we drank a shit load of Koolaid and pop, and their wasn't an ounce of fat on us. That is beacuse when we weren't in school we were outside playing baseball, riding our bikes, and running around like crazy gibbons.

There is nothing wrong with letting kids be kids and enjoying some of the pleasures of being a kid. Just make sure you get them off of their asses enough to burn off that Capri Sun or a Motts juice box. There's my 2 cents on the subject.

• Like 7

The childhood obesity epidemic isn't caused by juice boxes. It's caused by X boxes. I'm 45. Back in the 70s, we drank a shit load of Koolaid and pop, and their wasn't an ounce of fat on us. That is beacuse when we weren't in school we were outside playing baseball, riding our bikes, and running around like crazy gibbons.

There is nothing wrong with letting kids be kids and enjoying some of the pleasures of being a kid. Just make sure you get them off of their asses enough to burn off that Capri Sun or a Motts juice box. There's my 2 cents on the subject.

I think there are better drinks to give your kids than soda and other sugary (or really, high-fructose corn syrupy) drinks, but regardless, getting them outside with a frisbee instead of inside with the X-Box or dumbphone is always a key move.

• Like 2

Speaking of children's "juice" drinks with no nutritional value, does anyone remember these things?

http://www.ambev.com/sites/default/files/styles/s_215w/public/AMBEV_lh_1.jpg?itok=vyrb9uR6

I remember I'd always ask my mom to buy these, I was like "They're only 20 cents each!" and she was like, "You can make a whole pitcher of Kool Aid for the same price, and it's the exact same thing!" but there was something about that little flimsy plastic bottle and that tin foil lid that just made these things so cool.

• Like 6

Speaking of children's "juice" drinks with no nutritional value, does anyone remember these things?

http://www.ambev.com/sites/default/files/styles/s_215w/public/AMBEV_lh_1.jpg?itok=vyrb9uR6

I remember I'd always ask my mom to buy these, I was like "They're only 20 cents each!" and she was like, "You can make a whole pitcher of Kool Aid for the same price, and it's the exact same thing!" but there was something about that little flimsy plastic bottle and that tin foil lid that just made these things so cool.

Yeah, I drank lots of that stuff. Or maybe it was a similar unholy concoction from a different company. I seem to remember liking "green" the best. They even had a "pina colada" flavor, which, predictably enough, was absolutely wretched.

Here's what I loved as a kid. I'd even eat a spoonful of the powder straight out of the bottle.

http://i.imgur.com/HJSymOf.jpg

Edited by Chronos
  • Like 3

Yeah, I drank lots of that stuff. Or maybe it was a similar unholy concoction from a different company. I seem to remember liking "green" the best. They even had a "pina colada" flavor, which, predictably enough, was absolutely wretched.

I actually liked the Purple one's flavor the best... but there's always been an mysterious allure to me about Blue food.

Spot on!

Spending all day long doing all sorts of activities. Plus back then, PE was mandatory at school. Remember how your parents would threaten you that if you didn't go out and find some thing to do they make you pull weeds, mow the lawn ect.? :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1