Songs that annoy you

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 2 2005, 08:31 PM)
And you hate Zeppelin sarcasm.gif

I do!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Aug 2 2005, 11:40 PM)
Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time". Wow, this must have been a joke.

I think just about anything done by an actor trying to be a musician is on the fringe of horrible. Rick Springfield (Jesse's Girl? 062802puke_prv.gif), Don Johnson (Heartbeat? 062802puke_prv.gif), Eddie Murphy, David Soul, Michael Damien (horrible remake of Rock On), Jack Wagner. The only one who came close and even he fell short was Bruce Willis. I suppose Vicki Lawrence's The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia was acceptable, but I hate country music.

I no perticular order:

Dee Lite - Groove is in the heart.

Billy No Talent - Every song they have ever written.

Billy Gay Virus - Achy Breaky Heart.

MC Hammer - Pray.

Led Zeppelin - Hot Dog.

U2 - Lemon.

Elmo - Elmo's song.

Beatles - Yellow Submarine.

Bismarkie - Just a friend.

Culture Club - Do You really want to hurt me.

Poison - Talk Dirty To Me.

Winger - 17

Garth Brooks - Friends In Low Places.

Garbage - Stupid Girl.

White Town - Your Woman.

N'Sync - I Wan't It That Way.

Jackyl - Chain Saw Blues

Skid Row - 18 and Life

Warrant - Cherry Pie

Those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

062802puke_prv.gif

all of U2

any Eminem if you can call what he makes music

Terminal Frost by Pink Floyd they actually played that song on the weather channel

and all 50 cent

Toxic by Britany Spears

Dirty by christina Augilara

who are you? by Black Sabbath

Raise a little hell by Trooper but i still like to play it on drums

B.Y.O.B. by system of a down because everyone likes it and i don't know why

And last but not least Revolution by The Beatles not a bad song but it kinda gets on my nerves every now and then.

Anything that is autotuned and synthesized to death (Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Lil' Wayne, etc.). Though I do like some Lady Gaga songs, I can't stand more than at least 10 minutes of listening to her.

Led Zeppelin

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Mike + The Mechanics

Green Day (anything from 'American Idiot' onwards is a joke)

Paul McCartney (this includes Wings)

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 11 2011, 01:19 PM)
Anything that is autotuned and synthesized to death (Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Lil' Wayne, etc.). Though I do like some Lady Gaga songs, I can't stand more than at least 10 minutes of listening to her.

Led Zeppelin
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Mike + The Mechanics

every song by Zeppelin annoys you??

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jan 11 2011, 03:32 PM)

Led Zeppelin
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Mike + The Mechanics

Unfortunately, yes. I wish I could get into them but they are honestly over rated to death (especially where I live). Yes, I've heard more than the standard of "Stairway to Heaven". I tried listening to the first two albums and just couldn't find the big deal in the band. Not my style honestly.

I am annoyed by everything (probably more like 98%) played on the top hits/top 40 stations.

I don't like rap, hip-hop, techno, and bubble-gum pop. I can handle pretty much everything else. Country is fine as long as it's not the mainstream top-40 style country.

"In the Mood" by Rush. tongue.gif

Um... Let's see... songs that annoy me...

- "The Little Drummer Boy". Seriously. Luckily I only have to endure this one during the holidays, and even then I can usually avoid it.

- "Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon. I love REO, really, but this song gets so overplayed. People make such a big deal about it.

- Quite a few songs by Green Day, but especially "Boulevard of Broken Dreams". WHY!? WHY DID THEY WRITE THIS ONE?! "Wake Me Up When September Ends" I can understand, okay, his father died, but "Boulevard" is just so repetitive and irritating. It makes me want to tear out of my hair from its roots. And they used to play this on my favourite mod' rock radio station All. The. Time.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 11 2011, 01:40 PM)

Led Zeppelin
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Mike + The Mechanics

Unfortunately, yes. I wish I could get into them but they are honestly over rated to death (especially where I live). Yes, I've heard more than the standard of "Stairway to Heaven". I tried listening to the first two albums and just couldn't find the big deal in the band. Not my style honestly.

you need to listen to Led Zeppelin III in its entirety.

Just about all rap music (the hard stuff - not the white boy "pop rap", though I don't care for that either).

Anything and everything by The Eagles. They are unchallenged at the top of my chart for Most Hated Musical Act Ever. Someone at work has Hotel California as a ringtone. Every time his phone goes off I have to check my ear canals for blood.

I could kill off the forum bandwidth with my list. I'm sure there's stuff I am not even aware of - I'd hate it if I heard it. Fortunately, I manage for the most part to avoid stations and locales that I know play music I hate. I once quit a gym because I could not stand the all-pervasive shitstorm that issued forth from their system.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 11 2011, 05:11 PM)
Anything and everything by The Eagles.

This. 100% goodpost.gif

Also for me it would be pretty much any kind of prog. I've tried Yes, King Crimson, early Genesis, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Transatlantic, Marillion, and I'm sure others that I can't remember. I really have tried to like this kind of music, but I just can't. I find myself wanting to scale the walls, it drives me insane. I know people love it and that's great, but I finally gave up. Not for me.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 11 2011, 09:11 PM)

Anything and everything by The Eagles. They are unchallenged at the top of my chart for Most Hated Musical Act Ever. Someone at work has Hotel California as a ringtone. Every time his phone goes off I have to check my ear canals for blood.

You are not alone. Remember that.There's plenty of us.

I'd shove that phone so far up his......nevermind.

When I hear The Eagles, I want to torture invertebrates.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jan 11 2011, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 11 2011, 01:40 PM)

Led Zeppelin
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Mike + The Mechanics

you need to listen to Led Zeppelin III in its entirety.

I'll take the recommendation then sir.

QUOTE (Mara)

This is the post I've seen so far in this thread. Thank you, so much.

QUOTE (Rush!)
Train - "Hey, Soul Sister"

Does anyone else remember when Train made songs worth listening to? Or am I growing old at 16 already?

That song by Lady Gaga Alehandro

Anything by Nickleback and White Stripes

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jan 11 2011, 03:28 PM)
Train - "Hey, Soul Sister"

O:

I love that song!

I was singing along to it at Shopko the other day when it came over the speaker with the music and whatnot. The lady in the shoe department wiping her scanner over each box kept shooting me weird looks though.

And I actually do like the music vid' for "I Whip My Hair (Back and Forth)". It makes me want to...

...WHIP MAH HAIR

BACK AN' FORTH.

Maybe I'm just too tolerant of music? tongue.gif

Archived