Songs that annoy you

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jul 21 2005, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jul 22 2005, 12:09 AM)
Here's my list...

Any U2 song
Any Nirvana song
Any Green Day song
Any rap/hip hop song
All songs on Frances The Mute (The Mars Volta)
Free Bird (Lynryd Skynryd)
Sweet Home Alabama (Lynryd Skynryd)
More Than A Feeling (Boston)
Californi-whatever (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Wind Of Change (The Scorpions)
Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)
Float On (Modest Mouse)

There are several more, but I don't feel like listing them.

An impressive list...You're wise beyond your years Sterling yes.gif

I dunno about that Mars Volta one...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An impressive list...You're wise beyond your years Sterling yes.gif

Well thank you! trink38.gif

I'm sorry, but I've put some serious effort in trying to get into The Mars Volta, but I just cannot. I've given the entire album three full listens and I just can't get into them, they're just not my cup of tea. I heard of and was referred by, let's say, a higher source (Neil Peart's website) on the review of the album. I must say that the music style is unique and they may be viewed as talented to some, but not to me. To me, it sounds like their musical goal is to mash together a plethora of annoying noise in hopes to make it sound like a song. But that's just to me. I can appreciate what effort they've put into their work and their fanbase, but they're just not for me.

A lot of Radiohead stuff.

Creed, and any band/song that sounds anything like them.

Some song I think it's called "Just One Thing" SUPER annoying.

A stand tune for my high skool band.... I HATE "THE HORSE"!!!

That 'Survivor' song (not the band, the song itself). And a song from the mid/late 90's, something 'Choo Choo train'. It goes, "...come on ride the train. And ride it. Come on ride the train. Its a Choo Choo. CHOO CHOO!" Every time I hear those songs I feel like gutting myself with a samurai sword.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2005, 04:00 PM)
Love Hurts by Nazareth....

I threw a party one time and when it was winding down and some people were still hanging out listening to tunes and so forth...This one girl kept playing Love Hurts OVER and OVER and OVER again....I swear at least 5 times minimum..I got up and took the CD (Nazareth Greatest Hits-mine) and smashed it to bits and screaming "WE ARE NOT f***ing LISTENING TO THIS EVER AGAIN!!!" laugh.gif Made the poor girl cried though unsure.gif Freaked out some peeps cause I am usually quiet and laid-back laugh.gif

I despise that song with a passion now mad.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Testy getting testy... rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2005, 03:00 PM)

I threw a party one time and when it was winding down and some people were still hanging out listening to tunes and so forth...This one girl kept playing Love Hurts OVER and OVER and OVER again....I swear at least 5 times minimum..I got up and took the CD (Nazareth Greatest Hits-mine) and smashed it to bits and screaming "WE ARE NOT f***ing LISTENING TO THIS EVER AGAIN!!!" laugh.gif Made the poor girl cried though unsure.gif Freaked out some peeps cause I am usually quiet and laid-back laugh.gif

This story just brought back the memory of a song for me in a similar fashion. When I was younger and in summer camp, there was this group of girls that had a cd player and would play music every day, all day. That was fine by me, except they did not want to play any other song except Ace of Base's "The Sign" over and over again. Day in day out, for 2 1/2 months, I had to endure this song at least 2 dozen times a day if not more. There was never a single day this song wasnt played, and when they played it, it went on repeat for hours. I cannot listen to this song now without getting the same way you were talking about.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jul 23 2005, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2005, 03:00 PM)

I threw a party one time and when it was winding down and some people were still hanging out listening to tunes and so forth...This one girl kept playing Love Hurts OVER and OVER and OVER again....I swear at least 5 times minimum..I got up and took the CD (Nazareth Greatest Hits-mine) and smashed it to bits and screaming "WE ARE NOT f***ing LISTENING TO THIS EVER AGAIN!!!"  laugh.gif  Made the poor girl cried though unsure.gif Freaked out some peeps cause I am usually quiet and laid-back  laugh.gif

This story just brought back the memory of a song for me in a similar fashion. When I was younger and in summer camp, there was this group of girls that had a cd player and would play music every day, all day. That was fine by me, except they did not want to play any other song except Ace of Base's "The Sign" over and over again. Day in day out, for 2 1/2 months, I had to endure this song at least 2 dozen times a day if not more. There was never a single day this song wasnt played, and when they played it, it went on repeat for hours. I cannot listen to this song now without getting the same way you were talking about.

I was in high school when that song came out..... I HATE IT!!!!!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

I must say that the music style is unique and they may be viewed as talented to some, but not to me.

It's fine if you don't like TMV. It's very strange stuff.

But claiming that they aren't talented is in my view just plain ignorance. Cedric Bixler Zavala has a three octave range without using falsetto (which no doubt spans another).

Omar A. Rodriguez-Lopez is one of the most incredible guitarists I have personally ever heard. Please take a second listen and hear the quality of the musicianship.

I have to concur with those who chose U2's Vertigo. It is a wholesale theft of the Supremes' Keep Me Hanging On. Motown should file a suit, the sooner the better. (Another U2 theft was Bullet the Blue Sky vs. Ted Nugent's Stranglehold. Not as blatant as Vertigo, but I noticed a lot of similarities.)

Otherwise, I hated the grunge music of the 90's. They dared to make musicianship irrelevant, and they succeeded. Kurt Cobain killed the guitar, though I suppose one could blame the hair bands for allowing grunge to happen, because the hair bands were terrible and allowed grunge to fill a vacuum of sorts. Grunge lacked legitimacy, and it was among the most self indulgent crap ever.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 24 2005, 02:03 AM)
I have to concur with those who chose U2's Vertigo. It is a wholesale theft of the Supremes' Keep Me Hanging On. Motown should file a suit, the sooner the better. (Another U2 theft was Bullet the Blue Sky vs. Ted Nugent's Stranglehold. Not as blatant as Vertigo, but I noticed a lot of similarities.)

Otherwise, I hated the grunge music of the 90's. They dared to make musicianship irrelevant, and they succeeded. Kurt Cobain killed the guitar, though I suppose one could blame the hair bands for allowing grunge to happen, because the hair bands were terrible and allowed grunge to fill a vacuum of sorts. Grunge lacked legitimacy, and it was among the most self indulgent crap ever.

Couldn't have said it better myself yes.gif

QUOTE (SheriffJohnBrown @ Jul 24 2005, 01:30 AM)

I must say that the music style is unique and they may be viewed as talented to some, but not to me.

It's fine if you don't like TMV. It's very strange stuff.

But claiming that they aren't talented is in my view just plain ignorance. Cedric Bixler Zavala has a three octave range without using falsetto (which no doubt spans another).

Omar A. Rodriguez-Lopez is one of the most incredible guitarists I have personally ever heard. Please take a second listen and hear the quality of the musicianship.

I gotta second this. It took me a long time to get into them (in fact, two years to really appreciate Comatorium, and I listen to it so much I rarely have time to spin Frances the Mute).

This may not apply to the current thread, but I think a lot of Rush fans have been Rush fans for so long that Prog = Rush and Prog != Anything Else. Remember Rush is Rush because what they did was groundbreaking, and this latest crop of prog - Mars Volta, Trail of Dead, Coheed & Cambria, they're doing some different, interesting stuff and you don't have to like it but damn, some of these guys are incredibly talented.

And I gotta say, the things that annoy me most of all these days are songs, albums, artists that are overtly political. A bunch of spoiled rich highschool dropouts with fake accents and daily t-shirt sales figures at more money than I've ever seen telling me not to vote for a particular guy because all he cares about is money and telling people what to do ... well, that was funny for a little while, but now it's just annoying. When I want to hear about politics, I'll turn on Air America or Limbaugh/Hannity or whatever. Hey, news flash: WHEN I WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC, I'LL LISTEN TO MUSIC!

(This post not intended to break the no-politics rule of the forum, but it's definitely contextually-appropriate here.)

QUOTE (FuzzplugJones @ Jul 24 2005, 10:02 AM)
And I gotta say, the things that annoy me most of all these days are songs, albums, artists that are overtly political. A bunch of spoiled rich highschool dropouts with fake accents and daily t-shirt sales figures at more money than I've ever seen telling me not to vote for a particular guy because all he cares about is money and telling people what to do ... well, that was funny for a little while, but now it's just annoying. When I want to hear about politics, I'll turn on Air America or Limbaugh/Hannity or whatever. Hey, news flash: WHEN I WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC, I'LL LISTEN TO MUSIC!

(This post not intended to break the no-politics rule of the forum, but it's definitely contextually-appropriate here.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/STFU/mills_allowit.jpg

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2005, 05:00 PM)

rofl3.gif

I can't stand that song by the killers.

Somebody told me you had a boyfriend that looked like a girlfriend that I had in february of last year... 062802puke_prv.gif I hate that song.

QUOTE (phish347 @ Jul 24 2005, 02:08 PM)
van hagar lol! trink39.gif to david lee roth

You're entitled to your opinion, but I love Van Hagar!

QUOTE (SheriffJohnBrown @ Jul 24 2005, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2005, 02:00 PM)

Truly the work of Satan himself!

You would need to credit the Everley Bros. here as well.Their original "Love Hurts" reached #41 on the charts in 1960.

Archived