Songs that annoy you

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Keane song has me gagging every time I hear it on the radio. Same with that one song that goes "I dont wanna be anything other then what ive been trying to be baby". I cant for the life of me understand what is so good about that song that they still need to be playing it on the radio over and over again, almost a year since its been out. Am I missing something??

U2- Vertigo...among many others but this is the most recent drivel. 1287.gif

The Tragically Hip- New Orleans is sinking... many others...not enough room to print. 1287.gif

The Eagles AKA The Feebles- Hotel California...Their list is also deep. 1287.gif

The "NEW" Coke ad song. 062802puke_prv.gif

When they used it the first time I could understand it was the hippie era and all,now its the whatever is old and make people$$$$$$ era so it just freaking annoying.

U2-just plain annoying liked them up to the Joshua tree.

One exception is It's A Beautiful Day

Bryan Adams - Summer of '69. In fact any song I've ever heard of his is atrocious, he makes my ears bleed.

Vile.

Makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif

Then there's the entire Eagles back catalogue. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

For you anti-country people out there, there's a curious hybrid in Ireland called Country'n'Irish!!!

The stuff of nightmares..............

Love Hurts by Nazareth....

I threw a party one time and when it was winding down and some people were still hanging out listening to tunes and so forth...This one girl kept playing Love Hurts OVER and OVER and OVER again....I swear at least 5 times minimum..I got up and took the CD (Nazareth Greatest Hits-mine) and smashed it to bits and screaming "WE ARE NOT f***ing LISTENING TO THIS EVER AGAIN!!!" laugh.gif Made the poor girl cried though unsure.gif Freaked out some peeps cause I am usually quiet and laid-back laugh.gif

I despise that song with a passion now mad.gif

goodpost.gif

I had to do that with a friends Docken tape we out driving around he kept playing some dumb break up song over and over we got on the highway at about 75mph I had enough took it out threw it out the window gave him $10 and told him to get over it.

The look on his face was priceless never heard the song or any Docken since biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 21 2005, 05:48 PM)
goodpost.gif
I had to do that with a friends Docken tape we out driving around he kept playing some dumb break up song over and over we got on the highway at about 75mph I had enough took it out threw it out the window gave him $10 and told him to get over it.
The look on his face was priceless never heard the song or any Docken since biggrin.gif

Was it "Alone Again"? laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 21 2005, 10:38 PM)
For you anti-country people out there, there's a curious hybrid in Ireland called Country'n'Irish!!!

The stuff of nightmares..............

I second that.

In Rushgoobers Anti-Country thread last month HERE

This was my contribution

There is some great country out there, and there is also some total shite as well.

Here in the Emerald Isle we have a wonderful hybrid called Country and Irish, which involves taking American Country, infusing it with sentimental twaddle and mawkish crap, surgically removing any life or passion from it and serving it up with an insipid backing track that lacks anything even vaguely resembling a soul.

It's got as much in common with Johnny Cash as Rush have with The Backstreet Boys.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 21 2005, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 21 2005, 05:48 PM)
goodpost.gif

Was it "Alone Again"? laugh.gif tongue.gif

That's the dam song now I have running through my head doh.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 21 2005, 06:13 PM)
Anything by that fraud Garth Brooks.  For those of you who don't like country, try the old stuff.  It's very good.  All new country sucks.....

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Here's my list...

Any U2 song

Any Nirvana song

Any Green Day song

Any rap/hip hop song

All songs on Frances The Mute (The Mars Volta)

Free Bird (Lynryd Skynryd)

Sweet Home Alabama (Lynryd Skynryd)

More Than A Feeling (Boston)

Californi-whatever (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Wind Of Change (The Scorpions)

Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)

Float On (Modest Mouse)

There are several more, but I don't feel like listing them.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jul 22 2005, 12:09 AM)
Here's my list...

Any U2 song
Any Nirvana song
Any Green Day song
Any rap/hip hop song
All songs on Frances The Mute (The Mars Volta)
Free Bird (Lynryd Skynryd)
Sweet Home Alabama (Lynryd Skynryd)
More Than A Feeling (Boston)
Californi-whatever (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Wind Of Change (The Scorpions)
Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)
Float On (Modest Mouse)

There are several more, but I don't feel like listing them.

An impressive list...You're wise beyond your years Sterling yes.gif

Archived