What was your first post at TRF about? Do you remember?

Tom Sawyer

Almost ten years ago and I know it was about Rush... go figure huh? But I don't know what it actually was. Maybe a hello, maybe a a short one, It seems I was always in a Rush back then.
  • Like 1

It probably wasn't my very first one, but I remember stepping into the middle of some argument and posting a peacekeeping statement, prompting 73 to say something like, "Nice post for a rookie."

Unfortunately, I have yet to follow through on my early promise. :huh:

• Like 2

Just for the record and for the admins possibly.... A question if I may. Is there a way to find your first post? I have thought about this very thing more than once myself. My first post probably had something to do with ATWAS's epic greatness or something my years on this planet has taught me.... :)

Just for the record and for the admins possibly.... A question if I may. Is there a way to find your first post?

Try this... Look at your profile to find the date you signed up. Then use the "Find author" and "Find by date" fields in the advanced search.

My first post was declaring my love for the boys...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23400000/big-time-rish-big-time-rush-23413759-1600-1196.jpg

It wasn't until days later that I realized I was in the wrong place....

• Like 1

Posted Today, 08:05 AM

I've been a fan since I was 15 and knew just a little of their catalog. Recently a friend of mine started a Rush tribute band and I started to dive a little deeper after seeing some shows. W-w-w-wow! What was I missing all those years?! I knew Moving Pictures and some radio hits, Spirit Of Radio, New World Man, Freewill but had no idea how hooked I was going to be when he gave me a copy of Hemispheres.

I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I hear a new track. What a gift!

This is Lake Side Parking's first post just today. Might as well record it here.... :cheers:

yep. That was my first. Really loving this place!

Get to know some people a little better and your opinion will change - especially that Narpski guy :)

Actually he will only make you like this place more, along with almost everyone else here.

• Like 4

Get to know some people a little better and your opinion will change - especially that Narpski guy :)

Actually he will only make you like this place more, along with almost everyone else here.

Aww shucks.... :blush:

Aww shucks.... :blush:

Calm down, I'm not hitting on you.

Actually looks like this was my first post. A very great post to use as an illustration for all of my other thought provoking, inspirational posts...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/57900-if-rush-gets-a-ben-jerrys-signature-flavor/#entry2021893

• Like 1

Actually looks like this was my first post. A very great post to use as an illustration for all of my other thought provoking, inspirational posts...

http://www.therushfo...r/#entry2021893

How did you dig that up? Step by step and very slowly please. I really do suck royally at this tech thing...

next to search on top, click on the little sprocket to the right - that's advanced search.

while in there, put your name as author, like a few days in the date range around when you joined, and then select the entire rush forum in the list below that. click search and the oldest one is the winner...

My first post, and reason I became a member on this forum, was about a bootleg, I had searched for a bootleg very long time, and I was a beginner in bootlegs-world, so I wasent that good to find them, so I asked about help here to find it.

next to search on top, click on the little sprocket to the right - that's advanced search.

while in there, put your name as author, like a few days in the date range around when you joined, and then select the entire rush forum in the list below that. click search and the oldest one is the winner...

I apparently lurked here for several months before posting. My first post was about 4 months after I joined, so I had to keep changing the months I searched through.

Edited by x1yyz

Search function only goes back to 2010 so I don't recall. If I had to guess, it would probably be about the awesomeness of Caress Of Steel. It was almost 10 years ago.

I apparently lurked here for several months before posting. My first post was about 4 months after I joined, so I had to keep changing the months I searched through.

Damn I suck at this! I found where I started a sh*ty thread (25 Sept 2013) 4 days after I joined but I am pretty sure it wasn't my first post.... Joined 21 Sept 1013.... :rage: Edited by Narpski

Yup... it was October 10 2006 and I posted about how a colleague of mine ran into Alex and Neil I think or maybe Geddy at a Raptors game and he asked what they were doing in town and they told him they were recording a new album. This was before S&A got announced and I got some people asking me "WHERE'S YOUR SOURCE?!" and a lot of people not believing me... but in the end look who was right.

:P