"Late Show With Stephen Colbert" - Will Rush Appear on CBS?

Geddyleegenes

For those who may not know, David Letterman recently announced his retirement from his show on CBS. He's taking off sometime in 2015. CBS has already announced that Stephen Colbert will takeover the show when Letterman leaves. Of course, Rush appeared on Stephen Colbert's show, "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central. I can't help but wonder - and hope - that Colbert taking over "The Late Show", might mean that Rush will grace us all with an appearance on a Network television show. Maybe even Colbert's first night. Now that would be pretty cool. Rush does already have a history of sorts with CBS and "Late Show". Neil Peart performed during Letterman's First Drum Solo Week a couple of years ago.
  • Like 2

For those who may not know, David Letterman recently announced his retirement from his show on CBS. He's taking off sometime in 2015. CBS has already announced that Stephen Colbert will takeover the show when Letterman leaves. Of course, Rush appeared on Stephen Colbert's show, "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central. I can't help but wonder - and hope - that Colbert taking over "The Late Show", might mean that Rush will grace us all with an appearance on a Network television show. Maybe even Colbert's first night. Now that would be pretty cool. Rush does already have a history of sorts with CBS and "Late Show". Neil Peart performed during Letterman's First Drum Solo Week a couple of years ago.

I assumed you were going to mention that Colbert in fact mentioned Rush during last night's broadcast. When discussing how Canada surpassed the U.S. for the title of wealthiest middle class he asked something to the effect of "Will the two-story home, white picket fence, and 2.5 kids now turn into a beaver den, maple syrup moat, and 2.5 members of Rush?" And the display showed I think Geddy and Neil completely with Alex's upper body cut off. It was much funnier than it sounds typed out.

• Like 1

I have been emailing CBS "Sunday Morning" about Rush, as they highlight music and the people that make music.

I have had no success and they never respond to any of my emails. I especially wanted them to honor Rush with their 40th anniversary.

"Sunday Morning" would be a great idea for a Rush segment. The perfect venue to revisit their history and what's planned for the future.

Maybe if more people emailed them, it might happen.

• Like 1

I have been emailing CBS "Sunday Morning" about Rush, as they highlight music and the people that make music.

I have had no success and they never respond to any of my emails. I especially wanted them to honor Rush with their 40th anniversary.

"Sunday Morning" would be a great idea for a Rush segment. The perfect venue to revisit their history and what's planned for the future.

If I ever actually watched any CBS TV shows i might just do that. :doh:

Great idea...I'll do this. I love that show (outside of sports it's the only time I ever watch CBS) and have wondered why they haven't been on it. They would certainly be worthy of a segment.

Didn't see "The Colbert Report" with the Half a Life(son) bit. "Late Show" and every now and then if I'm home, "Price is Right" are the only shows I ever watch on CBS. So I didn't know anything about a Sunday show featuring music artists and the music they make. Which artists have they featured? Any that would suggest it's actually a possibility that Rush would be on?

Didn't see "The Colbert Report" with the Half a Life(son) bit. "Late Show" and every now and then if I'm home, "Price is Right" are the only shows I ever watch on CBS. So I didn't know anything about a Sunday show featuring music artists and the music they make. Which artists have they featured? Any that would suggest it's actually a possibility that Rush would be on?

It's not a music show only. It consists of features about the world of politics, art, literature, movies, music, finance, and nature.

• Like 1

Great idea...I'll do this. I love that show (outside of sports it's the only time I ever watch CBS) and have wondered why they haven't been on it. They would certainly be worthy of a segment.

They sure would. And for those who have never watched "Sunday Morning". I feel sorry for you as you have missed some excellent television. It is the very best network show there is.

I have satelight and never watch either of the big three (I don't count Fox cause they suck), except for "Sunday Morning"

I have the email address somewhere. At the end of the show each Sunday, they tell you to write to them for future ideas for shows. This is the email I have been using for a couple years now. Good luck.

They sure would. And for those who have never watched "Sunday Morning". I feel sorry for you as you have missed some excellent television. It is the very best network show there is.

I have satelight and never watch either of the big three (I don't count Fox cause they suck), except for "Sunday Morning"

I have the email address somewhere. At the end of the show each Sunday, they tell you to write to them for future ideas for shows. This is the email I have been using for a couple years now. Good luck.

Thanks for checking, but I can find the email addy...

• Like 1

Happy for Colbert and you know RUSH will be back! However,

I am VERY upset about Craig Ferguson leaving the Late Late Show at the end of the year!

Don't Go!!! :no:

Was it Colbert that really wanted them on The Colbert Report or was it his producer?

I can't remember.

Here's a clue.

Colbert loves LOTR and gushes over J.J. Abrams asking about the next Star Wars….

And the way he rattled off the By-Tor lyrics like second nature….