Please, someone, I need help…

Moonlit Dreamer

Hey IR, we haven't heard from you for a couple days. Is everything alright?

I am okay, thank you so much for asking. :)

Fortunately I was able to bail her out of jail, however she is facing quite an extensive list of charges:

☆Driving On A Suspended License

☆Expired Tag

☆Driving Without Insurance

☆Running A Red Light

☆Not Wearing A Seatbelt

☆Eluding An Officer

All of the money we have accumulated for moving is now going towards this, and I’m not even one-hundred percent certain as to whether or not she will be returning to jail. Everything always goes wrong all at once it seems, although it could be much worse, I suppose. I am beyond grateful for everything I do have right now. The songs The Enemy Within, Marathon, Prime Mover, and Survival (a song from Yes’ debut album) are helping me get through this. It’s amazing how music enables you to maintain a positive perspective even when it seems all hope is lost. Music truly is “a beacon in the darkness”.

Should anything else transpire, I will let you guys know. I'm sorry I did not update my situation sooner.

I thank everyone for being so kind and empathic... I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts.

• Like 2

Fortunately I was able to bail her out of jail, however she is facing quite an extensive list of charges:

☆Expired Tag

☆Running A Red Light

☆Not Wearing A Seatbelt

☆Eluding An Officer

All of the money we have accumulated for moving is now going towards this, and I’m not even one-hundred percent certain as to whether or not she will be returning to jail. Everything always goes wrong all at once it seems, although it could be much worse, I suppose. I am beyond grateful for everything I do have right now. The songs The Enemy Within, Marathon, Prime Mover, and Survival (a song from Yes’ debut album) are helping me get through this. It’s amazing how music enables you to maintain a positive perspective even when it seems all hope is lost. Music truly is “a beacon in the darkness”.

Should anything else transpire, I will let you guys know. I'm sorry I did not update my situation sooner.

I thank everyone for being so kind and empathic... I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts.

The expired tags, suspended license and no insurance are probably done deals since those are difficult to argue against. But, I did offer you some advice on the others. Check your messages :)

From what I could gather from Florida code, this is what I found:

Expired tags is an infraction - No jail time, pay a fine

Insurance violation is an infraction - No jail time, pay a fine and possible license suspension.

Suspended License:

First conviction is second degree misdemeanor - punishable by $500 fine

Second conviction is first degree misdemeanor - punishable by $1,000 fine

Third or any subsequent convictions is a third degree felony - punishable by $5,000 fine and possible jail time

I couldn't find if misdemeanors carry jail time in Florida. I know that, in my state, misdemeanors and felonies do not have grades - they are one or the other. Misdemeanors carry a possible sentence of up to a year in jail. Jail time for felonies is determined by the specific crime committed. I have rarely ever seen a person spend much time in jail for a suspended license though. I think they would have to be a habitual offender in order for that to happen. She should have access to a public defender, so they could clarify these points for her better than I can.

• Like 3

☆Expired Tag

☆Running A Red Light

☆Not Wearing A Seatbelt

☆Eluding An Officer

I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. And sorry your mom (and you, by extension) is going through this. I'm very happy that your music is there for you. :hug2:

• Like 2

It’s amazing how music enables you to maintain a positive perspective even when it seems all hope is lost. Music truly is “a beacon in the darkness”.

Music has been a beacon in the darkness for many of us along our journey through life. Sometimes it is the only friend you have.

I've been thinking that you are a candidate for The Who's Quadrophenia.

• Like 2

☆Expired Tag

☆Running A Red Light

☆Not Wearing A Seatbelt

☆Eluding An Officer

Just know that we are thinking of you daily even if we don't hear from each other.

• Like 2

:heart: I just saw this thread! Hope you are feeling better and you feel you have some support! I saw that you were blaming yourself for some of the things that have happened. Please don't do that.
  • Like 3

☆Expired Tag

☆Running A Red Light

☆Not Wearing A Seatbelt

☆Eluding An Officer

I don't know how the courts work in Florida, but in my county in Western Wisconsin, these charges would most probably NOT lead to any jail time. Fines and new suspensions of the driver's license would be the probable penalties. Even violent offenders get off on probation in my county...... :eh:

• Like 1

Intermolecular Reality,

I just found this thread and wanted you to know I'm glad that you are working things out! Everyone on here has posted excellent advice, everything I would have said.

Thinking of you!! :heart: :hug2:

• Like 1

Intermolecular Reality,

I just found this thread and wanted you to know I'm glad that you are working things out! Everyone on here has posted excellent advice, everything I would have said.

Thinking of you!! :heart: :hug2:

Intermolecular Reality: :hug2:

Thank you! :hug2:

These past three weeks have been somewhat difficult for me, but I believe everything will be alright. :)

• Like 2