Look at this denim jacket, Aimee Mann haters, and keep on hatin'...

H. P. L.

Why hate her? Seems a bit harsh. SHUT UP!
  • Like 1

Since I own all her albums, I can hardly be categorized as a "hater". Still, in the past, many members here have shown some degree of... difficulty in accepting Aimee's work. Probably due to the fact that she was the girl who "messed" with their favourite toy band.

That was a funny video. Not sure if him wearing the Rush patch was very complimentary though, since his character is a cliche classic rock drummer guy who they kick out of the band .. Haha
  • Like 1

That was a funny video. Not sure if him wearing the Rush patch was very complimentary though, since his character is a cliche classic rock drummer guy who they kick out of the band .. Haha

Didn't notice there's "Neil Peart" in the scratchbook, the first time I saw it... :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

Lots of folks thought it wasn't cool for Rush to have her sing on Hold Your Fire (the album), I don't agree but there you are.. :eyeroll: I thought this was a great video and the song wasn't bad either. Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Lots of folks thought it wasn't cool for Rush to have her sing on Hold Your Fire (the album), I don't agree but there you are.. :eyeroll: I thought this was a great video and the song wasn't bad either.

She's a well respected artist in the music community... Especially among indie rock / new wave folks.. Rush fans should be happy she agreed to do it..

Okay...sorry misunderstood!

Since I own all her albums, I can hardly be categorized as a "hater". Still, in the past, many members here have shown some degree of... difficulty in accepting Aimee's work. Probably due to the fact that she was the girl who "messed" with their favourite toy band.

I have a couple of Aimee's albums. Bachelor #2 is fooking brilliant.

I saw her live in Boston. She didn't like doing between-song banter, so David Cross told jokes while they band set up for their next song.

Awesome.

Also, I saw that jacket (or a variation thereof) practically every day in junior high (early '80s). Memories...

I was unaware we had Aimee Mann haters here.

We don't. I think you're reading too much into it..