If Rush toured with another band, who would it be with?

yyz211282

Funny, I'm listening to the radio and I just heard Dani California, followed by Tom Sawyer…not that the Red Hot Chili Peppers would ever open for Rush, but how cool would that be?

Funny, I'm listening to the radio and I just heard Dani California, followed by Tom Sawyer…not that the Red Hot Chili Peppers would ever open for Rush, but how cool would that be?

Considering the fact that Chad and Lerxst are good buddies, this sounds a lot more likely than the other groups.

And even though the Chilis can be a bit weird (see Woodstock '99 and anything involving Anthony Kiedis), they're all VERY good musicians. Chad and Flea are the best rock rhythm section (after Ged and Neil of course). Now if only we could have Frusciante come back. Klinghoffer's good and has his own style, but Frusciante is light years better than him.

I thought of this many a days: Bands I would like to see open for RUSH:

Zebra

Triumph

Fates Warning

Queensryche

Triumph? If you went back in time about 25 years, maybe. Now? Absolutely not. I listened to that live album they recorded during their reunion concert in 2008, and while their playing is great and Gil Moore can still sing well, Rik Emmett's voice is no longer able to Fight The Good Fight. It was pretty gross. He did manage to sound okay for Never Surrender, but the rest of the songs involving his vocals were butchered just because of his shot voice.

I thought of this many a days: Bands I would like to see open for RUSH:

Zebra

Triumph

Fates Warning

Queensryche

fates warning is the only one of those groups that's still good and 99% of rush fans don't know who they are.

• Like 1

I like almost all of the recent suggestions that don't involve listening to Mustaine.

leave it to led "90s easy listening rock lover" rush to not enjoy a good snarl

I wouldn't call him a 90's rock lover. He's the guy I frequently tease him with my love of Counterparts with (which he hates).

BOC would be great! They're very good live these days.

As would Zebra........they did a great AFTK cover for years

But my pick would be a 45 minute set of ASIA.

START THE SHOW AT 7PM

Rush goes on at 8:15 to 9:20.....set break.......9:40 to 10:30........encore 10:35 to 10:50

Everyone out the door by 11 PM. Done.