If Rush toured with another band, who would it be with?

yyz211282

Id like to see them tour with an opener next year. Used to love seeing good warm up acts back in the day (Marillion, Primus, etc). Good music and heightened anticipation for the main event. Would be great to see them take our a "newer" prog act, like Anathema....

Just as long as it isn't Foo Fighters. I'm not ready for that kind of scream-fest. ;)

Actually, no opening acts please.

You sure? That was my idea? Bad idea? Bad.

• Like 1

I also don't think RUSH would or should tour with another band, but if for some reason they decided to, I think UFO would be a good choice and strong possibility.

in 1977, yeah

Have you seen UFO lately? They have Vinnie Moore playing guitar now, and can still rock with the best of them. Granted Phil Mogg gets a bit long winded at times with his story telling but aside from that they put on a great show.

trust me, I'm sure UFO still puts on a great show, and I'm well aware who their axeman is. I just don't think it's a strong possibility as far as them opening for rush.

I also don't think RUSH would or should tour with another band, but if for some reason they decided to, I think UFO would be a good choice and strong possibility.

That would work.... :cheers:

If we are going to do this lets get it right. Michael Schenker shows up... UFO does the Strangers In The Night set and then after intermission :rush: does All The Worlds A Stage. I drop dead and end up wherever it is I go.... :haz: :angel:

Yeah that's not going to happen. No worries though as with Vinnie Moore playing with them now you can close your eyes and not even know the difference. :haz:

schenker is too busy asking eddie trunk for some beer money right now

What about JUDAS PRIEST?? :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

Excellent choice there Ducky if Rush were to go the "opening" band route!! Which I highly doubt at this point though...they surely don't need to detract from their show

Only one problem with this though...I want Rush with NO openers...just Rush for ALL 3 hours... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

JP is good for another head banging night...

The Parlor Mob

They are a great, modern, young-ish hard rock band that could put together a great 50 minute set that would get some more younger kids in there, and I think the Rush faithfull would generally enjoy it too.

Obviously I'd prefer the full "Evening with..." format...but if I had to pick a band, I honestly would love to see Anthrax open up for our boys. They could put on a great 50-60 minute set, and then Joey could come out during Rush's set and do vocals for a couple songs Ged can't do. That way everyone would get to hear a couple of otherwise-difficult oldies.

Put Anthrax out there and have them do:

Caught in a Mosh

Got the Time

Madhouse

Devil You Know

Be All, End All

Antisocial

Indians

Metal Thrashing Mad

Anthem (to get the Rush fans pumped up)

Then Rush comes out with:

Spirit of Radio

New World Man

Prime Mover

The Enemy Within

Middletown Dreams

Fly by Night (with Joey Belladonna)

Bastille Day (with Joey Belladonna)

some part of Hemispheres (with Joey Belladonna)

Headlong Flight

Between Sun & Moon

Clockwork Angels

Subdivisions

Natural Science

Xanadu (R30 arrangement)

Malignant Narcissism

drum solo

Jacob's Ladder

Tom Sawyer

By-Tor & the Snow Dog/

Cygnus X-1/

Working Man

THAT would be one hell of a show, in my humble, rockin' opinion! :haz:

Alter Bridge for 45 mins. They'd sound great together.

Seriously, look up the songs that Alter Bridge played at SoundWave Perth 2014. Stick those together with Rush, I see a hell of a lot of awesomeness across the stage

How about a Rush tribute opener doing all the songs they refuse to do or Geddy can't hit anymore?

The crowd could get their Hemispheres, Bastille Day, By-Tor, etc. and then on to RUSH!

Just kidding. Don't kill me.

Obviously I'd prefer the full "Evening with..." format...but if I had to pick a band, I honestly would love to see Anthrax open up for our boys. They could put on a great 50-60 minute set, and then Joey could come out during Rush's set and do vocals for a couple songs Ged can't do. That way everyone would get to hear a couple of otherwise-difficult oldies.

Caught in a Mosh

Got the Time

Madhouse

Devil You Know

Be All, End All

Antisocial

Indians

Metal Thrashing Mad

Spirit of Radio

New World Man

Prime Mover

The Enemy Within

Middletown Dreams

Headlong Flight

Between Sun & Moon

Clockwork Angels

Subdivisions

Natural Science

Xanadu (R30 arrangement)

Malignant Narcissism

drum solo

Jacob's Ladder

Tom Sawyer

By-Tor & the Snow Dog/

Cygnus X-1/

Working Man

too many rush fans who don't like loud or heavy music for this to fly

Caught in a Mosh

Got the Time

Madhouse

Devil You Know

Be All, End All

Antisocial

Indians

Metal Thrashing Mad

Spirit of Radio

New World Man

Prime Mover

The Enemy Within

Middletown Dreams

Headlong Flight

Between Sun & Moon

Clockwork Angels

Subdivisions

Natural Science

Xanadu (R30 arrangement)

Malignant Narcissism

drum solo

Jacob's Ladder

Tom Sawyer

By-Tor & the Snow Dog/

Cygnus X-1/

Working Man

too many rush fans who don't like loud or heavy music for this to fly

:codger: yep...
  • Like 2

Fair point, but at least Anthrax isn't as huge of a leap as if I would've said Metallica, Megadeth or Slayer. But then again, I'm 31 and LURRRVE me the Big Four!!! When Joey B. isn't working with Anthrax, he has a local classic rock covers band called Chief Big Way, which is AWESOME. They show up and play for four hours in local bars around the greater Syracuse/Oswego/Auburn area.

If they went this direction, which I think is really not a bad idea (would cut down on those insipid videos), I would post another vote for MARILLION!

When it comes down to it, the supposed "three-hour show" (minus videos and break) clocks in well under three hours. So a well orchestrated two-hour music fest would be more to my liking than the current "An Evening with Rush" format. It was pretty cool the first few times they did this, but like most anything else that starts off large, it is losing its punch.

Before the slam fest begins on this, I have attended each and evey tour since 1978. Their first "Evening with...." was by far their BEST ever.

IMO

Edited by drgrendel

Fair point, but at least Anthrax isn't as huge of a leap as if I would've said Metallica, Megadeth or Slayer. But then again, I'm 31 and LURRRVE me the Big Four!!! When Joey B. isn't working with Anthrax, he has a local classic rock covers band called Chief Big Way, which is AWESOME. They show up and play for four hours in local bars around the greater Syracuse/Oswego/Auburn area.

Metallica would be much better than Anthrax, IMO. They have a lot of music that is just normal, pop-hard rock.

Metallica would be much better than Anthrax, IMO. They have a lot of music that is just normal, pop-hard rock.

I would have to go with Metallica over Anthrax as well, but damn I think either of those two would drive concert-goers AWAY from Rush. The fact that Lars has the worst timing of a drummer alone would cause this.

We also don't need the Trujillo crabwalk or Hetfield hamming it up like David Lee Roth like he always does.

I would have to go with Metallica over Anthrax as well, but damn I think either of those two would drive concert-goers AWAY from Rush. The fact that Lars has the worst timing of a drummer alone would cause this.

We also don't need the Trujillo crabwalk or Hetfield hamming it up like David Lee Roth like he always does.

If it were circa ~1985 Metallica then that would be better. But I'd still prefer to see Rush play alone. Old Metallica can open for Slayer, and I'd be okay with that.

I could see megadeth going over better just because they're more technical, and many rush fans think technicality is what makes music good.

don't wanna hear reload, zzzz

I could see megadeth going over better just because they're more technical, and many rush fans think technicality is what makes music good.

Then you hear Dave Mustaine's voice and regret that decision.

• Like 1

LED ZEPPELIN

You people are all missing it!!!

Led Zeppelin?

Kickass band?

Legend?

The perfect band to be with?

The point I'm trying to get across?!?!

Then you hear Dave Mustaine's voice and regret that decision.

Then you hear Mustaine playing with the San Diego Symphony and change your mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkkg7vO0FlA