If Rush toured with another band, who would it be with?

yyz211282

Personally I hope they never tour with another band again. While sometimes (in only a small percentage of cases) I like the opening band, most of the time it just means I have to wait longer to see who I came to see. And in Rush's case there is no band I like more then them, so why have another band?
  • Like 2

No. Whoever takes away from my time staring at Geddy's deliciousness and flirting with Alex while singing my heart out would be the people that I hate. Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 1

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/564213/936full-weird-al-yankovic.jpg

Okay I'd make an exception for him. Only if he does just parodies of Rush songs. :heart:

• Like 1

What about JUDAS PRIEST?? :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

NONONONONONONONO!!

Actually, I would hate to see them tour with another band. I'm kind of spoiled though...I've never had to sit through an opening act to see Rush (my first concert was T4E, the first tour with no opening act).

I say they keep it like it is. Otherwise, I think they would end up having to shorten the set list. They already piss enough people off by leaving out songs when they play a nearly 3 hour set. Imagine the outcry if they had to shorten it to 2 hours, or...Ged forbid...90 minutes! :o

• Like 2

What about JUDAS PRIEST?? :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

NONONONONONONONO!!

Actually, I would hate to see them tour with another band. I'm kind of spoiled though...I've never had to sit through an opening act to see Rush (my first concert was T4E, the first tour with no opening act).

I say they keep it like it is. Otherwise, I think they would end up having to shorten the set list. They already piss enough people off by leaving out songs when they play a nearly 3 hour set. Imagine the outcry if they had to shorten it to 2 hours, or...Ged forbid...90 minutes! :o

At each CA show I went to I'd get a bit bummed when they'd start playing "Far Cry" because I knew that meant the first half was already over.

• Like 2

I thought Rush did away with opening bands because they realised no other band was worthy of sharing the stage with them. Was I wrong? ;)

I think you are 100% correct.

Would never happen but the "real" Yes (Anderson, Wakeman, Howe, Squire) is the only band that would trip my trigger to see with them at this late stage in both their existences. What a night that would be... :)

if dickie peterson wasnt dead I'd say blue cheer would be cool. it'd give exposure to a kick ass band that not a whole lot of folks know about, and the guys in rush were big fans. they could all get together and jam for summertime blues every night

and I think yes opening for rush would kick ass. but yes isn't really an opening act imo, even "fake yes"

so yeah, no openers please. but if it comes between touring with an opener or not touring at all, I guess call up dave grohl or mike portnoy or someone else who has kissed the band's ass enough

• Like 2

I also don't think RUSH would or should tour with another band, but if for some reason they decided to, I think UFO would be a good choice and strong possibility.

That would work.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

No openers. Please. I want 3 hours of Rush with two full sets, not 2 hours with one mixed bag of songs. They've proven capable of pulling it off for the last 18 years. I think we can all thank 2112 for that (would they have started doing it otherwise?)
  • Like 1

I have to add that nothing excites me more than going to see Rush. Seeing Rush is the only thing left on this earth that makes me feel like a kid going to Disneyland, I can't compare it to anything else. And when they are gone, I don't know what, if anything will ever replace them. With that being said I would hate it if they had an opening act and I had to wait to listen to some other band and then wait for them to set up the stage for Rush, I hate that. I don't care when I go see other groups but when I go to see Rush it's torture enough waiting for them to come out.
  • Like 4

I also don't think RUSH would or should tour with another band, but if for some reason they decided to, I think UFO would be a good choice and strong possibility.

If we are going to do this lets get it right. Michael Schenker shows up... UFO does the Strangers In The Night set and then after intermission :rush: does All The Worlds A Stage. I drop dead and end up wherever it is I go.... :haz: :angel:
  • Like 1

in 1977, yeah

Have you seen UFO lately? They have Vinnie Moore playing guitar now, and can still rock with the best of them. Granted Phil Mogg gets a bit long winded at times with his story telling but aside from that they put on a great show.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

If we are going to do this lets get it right. Michael Schenker shows up... UFO does the Strangers In The Night set and then after intermission :rush: does All The Worlds A Stage. I drop dead and end up wherever it is I go.... :haz: :angel:

Yeah that's not going to happen. No worries though as with Vinnie Moore playing with them now you can close your eyes and not even know the difference. :haz:

I have to add that nothing excites me more than going to see Rush. Seeing Rush is the only thing left on this earth that makes me feel like a kid going to Disneyland, I can't compare it to anything else. And when they are gone, I don't know what, if anything will ever replace them. With that being said I would hate it if they had an opening act and I had to wait to listen to some other band and then wait for them to set up the stage for Rush, I hate that. I don't care when I go see other groups but when I go to see Rush it's torture enough waiting for them to come out.

I agree 100%. I would hate for them to have an opening band. Now that people have gotten used to them not having one it would be weird for them to go back to having one now.

The ideal role of an opening act would be to draw two or three thousand people who otherwise would not attend. Heart would fit this bill.

Before anyone chimes in with the predictable derision, just realize that particular opening act would almost certainly not keep you from attending no matter how much you wouldn't like it. It would, however, encourage some people who would not see Rush to come out. Maybe even some wives and girlfriends of Rush fans would come. That's the point. Fill more seats. There are 2,3, or 4 thousand empty seats at many shows, and Heart could draw that many people in a lot of places, but they're not big enough now to tour arenas on their own.

That being said I believe there is a zero percent chance of an opening act, and I don't want to see one either.

• Like 1