The Reason I'll Be Taking A Second Zoloft Today

gangsterfurious

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/444198

Good luck to the rich guy that can afford this.

I read this before I went to work, right after I had applied my makeup and now I'm just a crying, puffy-eyed mess. I feel like such an idiot but this was a big dream for me, not just to meet Geddy and Alex but I really really LOVE wine and wanted to have this experience. This was my #1 dream. When they did this in 2009 the donation per head was like $1,500.00. I figured it would adjust for inflation and I'd need like $2,000 and then I'd use my air miles to get to Toronto and just stay in a mid-range hotel and then maybe bid on an item at the silent auction they have at the vineyard once you get there. I'm so so so so so sad. But I guess that's probably what they don't want, to turn it into a fan event; high prices keep the riff-raff out.

I read this before I went to work, right after I had applied my makeup and now I'm just a crying, puffy-eyed mess. I feel like such an idiot but this was a big dream for me, not just to meet Geddy and Alex but I really really LOVE wine and wanted to have this experience. This was my #1 dream. When they did this in 2009 the donation per head was like $1,500.00. I figured it would adjust for inflation and I'd need like $2,000 and then I'd use my air miles to get to Toronto and just stay in a mid-range hotel and then maybe bid on an item at the silent auction they have at the vineyard once you get there. I'm so so so so so sad. But I guess that's probably what they don't want, to turn it into a fan event; high prices keep the riff-raff out.

:( Makes me sad for an obvious real fan like yourself

Good on them for being willing to give their time this way.

Well I was willing to give my money and time away to support the cause and get a little smoosh of a hug from Geddy and Alex and die happy. :(

Well I was willing to give my money and time away to support the cause and get a little smoosh of a hug from Geddy and Alex and die happy. :(

If I understand correctly, in 2009 the format was a much smaller donation for a larger number of participants?

If I understand correctly, in 2009 the format was a much smaller donation for a larger number of participants?

I don't know. It didn't look like there were tons of people but maybe.

My guess is that they're doing it this way because last time they had to contend with too many people, and the choice was to do it this way or not do it.

My guess is that they're doing it this way because last time they had to contend with too many people, and the choice was to do it this way or not do it.

Well in other news. I have a kidney for sale if anybody is interested. I just need to be able to have it yanked out at least six weeks before this event.

• Like 1

I just saw this and went to bid. Then I realized what the bid was. Geez. Gangster, if I had the money I'd take u with me. Even if there was a way we could each pay half. I don't even have half of the half it would take. Somehow this seems unfair as some really rich person gets to write this off as a tax donation so they don't have to pay all the bid. Maybe we should just show up!! Train ride with Geddy.
  • Like 1

Definitely! What a rare treat to a Rush fan wine enthusiast. Those two boys do a lot of great things for wonderful charities. :)

• Like 2

I just saw this and went to bid. Then I realized what the bid was. Geez. Gangster, if I had the money I'd take u with me. Even if there was a way we could each pay half. I don't even have half of the half it would take. Somehow this seems unfair as some really rich person gets to write this off as a tax donation so they don't have to pay all the bid. Maybe we should just show up!! Train ride with Geddy.

Hehehe I'll show up and donate a few grand, that's all I can do though, and my husband can't find out lol.

It must be nice to be part of "the other half".

Well in other news. I have a kidney for sale if anybody is interested. I just need to be able to have it yanked out at least six weeks before this event.

I'd offer my brain but we'd be right back where we started from.

I can't get it to load. My computer has been awful lately.

Will someone here be so kind as to tell me what this is about?

I believe its about an auction to be with Geddy and Alex at a wine tasting. The bid is north of 20,000.00 much to Gangsters chagrin..... :(
  • Like 1

I believe its about an auction to be with Geddy and Alex at a wine tasting. The bid is north of 20,000.00 much to Gangsters chagrin..... :(

Thank you.

Now I understand.

Lorraine, it's for the Grapes Under Pressure event, which I was saving up money for. Previously it cost about $1,500 a head and then there was a silent auction. Now you have to bid and it's at over $20,000.

Thank you.

Now I understand.

For you. Anytime..... :)
  • Like 2