New Rush Album Announced - November 2014 Release Date!!!

Geddyleegenes

Just saw this on RolllingStoned.com and the ChristmazMuzicMusings website. I guess Eddie Trunk was right!

This is incredible! Now I can't wait for November to get here!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Universal Reports - April 1st, 2014

RUSH TO RELEASE ALBUM OF CHRISTMAS

& HOLIDAY FAVORITES

-Iva Heddeck, contributing

TORONTO - Anthem/Roadrunner and SRO Productions have announced that Canadian rock group Rush will release an album of Christmas and Holiday song favorites just in time for the 2014 Holiday season.

Bassist and lead vocalist Geddy Lee listed a number of songs which are planned for the album, including "White Christmas", "Silver Bells", "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year", "Sleigh Ride" and "Here We Come A-wassailing".

Guitarist Alex Lifeson said that the idea for the Holiday disc came to him this past Christmas Day as he relaxed on a Southwest Florida beach. "That Colbie Caillat song, "Christmas in the Sand" came on the radio and just stayed in my head. After an hour or so on the beach, the idea struck me. Rush has never done an album so different like this before."

The closest Rush has come to such an album was 2004's "Feedback". That was an album of cover songs; tributes to recording artists of the 1960s who influenced the formative years of Rush.

""Feedback" was a blast. Playing that stuff in concert was really freeing." Not that Lifeson has any plans of touring on the upcoming Christmas album. "I don't know. I think there are a lot of fans who would be into it. I can hear them shouting out requests, "Hey, do Frosty!"

Lee pointed out that while a rendition of "Frosty the Snowman" isn't actually planned for the album, they have been preparing an arrangement of the Charlie Brown Christmas favorite, "Christmas Time Is Here".

Lifeson spoke of the Charlie Brown special: "Oh yeah, that's been a yearly tradition with (my family). That's a real tear-jerker. When he chooses that scrawny little tree and all the other Peanuts gang ridicule him. I mean, even the guy's dog laughs at him."

Lifeson, who is also producing, revealed that fans can expect a special arrangement from Rush percussionist/lyricist Neil Peart. "It couldn't be a Rush Christmas album without "The Little Drummer Boy", and Neil is working on an all-percussion version of the song." Lifeson continued, "It's amazing watching him plan and rehearse. He has all these 'triggers' that set off different programmed sounds. Put together, he's able to pound out what is truly an incredibly eclectic and frankly, bizarre piece of music. It's really wild what Neil can do with those things and I know fans are really going to love his rendition of the song."

Lifeson isn't new to the Holiday song market. Several years ago he contributed to the "Merry Axemas" album with his own guitar-laden version of "Drummer Boy". "That was a lot of fun to do and the proceeds went to a good cause."

Reached for comment on the upcoming Holiday album, drummer and lyricist Neil Peart responded, "The esoteric quasi-sentimental nature of the theology and romanticized religious overtones and frankly, fanatical undertones of songs such as these, can be comparatively emotionally fatiguing and quite challenging to one's perfunctory and superlative ideologies. There is an ethical confrontation. A questioning of the amoral parameters of the self. In this instance, a battle of literal biblical proportions. Then too, I really dig "Susie Snowflake"."

When asked about the mostly Christmas-leaning CD, Lee stated, "Even though I was raised Jewish, I still loved all those great Christmas songs growing up." However, it did take a bit of convincing for Lee to come around to the idea of a Christmas & Holiday album. "Feedback was such a self-indulgent exercise for us. But the fans went with it. As long as Al doesn't plan on touring with (the Christmas album), I don't think it's that much of a stretch for us." When reminded that the "Feedback" album had been released in 2004, and that 2014 would see the release of the Holiday album, Lee joked, "Yeah right. Maybe every 10 years now we'll do this sort of thing!"

Pressed for more song titles that will appear on the album, Lee offered the tantalizing inclusion of an instrumental version of "The Dreidel Song". "We've got it down to seven and a half minutes right now, but we might reinstate some sections that we're just too much in love with." But why only an instrumental take on the Jewish Faith classic? "Lyrically, the song's a bit pedestrian. But musically, the tune kicks a lot of ass."

Fans and critics alike might think that there's one Christmas song which would be an obvious for a Rush Holiday album, but when asked about it, Lee said it wouldn't work out. ""The Chipmunk Song"? God, no. I can't reach those notes anymore!"

Look for the disc to hit mid-November with an advertising push and radio-play beginning early December.

Additional: Rush's self-titled, debut album released 1974. Other career highlights: "2112", 1976, "Permanent Waves", 1980, "Moving Pictures", 1981, "Power Windows", 1985, "Roll The Bones", 1991, "Different Stages", 1998, "Snakes and Arrows", 2007, "Clockwork Angels", 2012. Solo Projects: Peart: "Burning For Buddy", 1994, Lee: "My Favorite Headache", 2000.

• Like 7

Obviously an April fool...

It's gotta be......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing guy: :facepalm: :LOL: :rfl: :LOLsign: :joker: :LMAO:

• Like 1

All that work and yet a complete unequivocal immense fail. Almost as original as calling Rush "The Boys"...

When you try to do an April Fool's joke, at least TRY to something that isn't cliched. I mean, at least make an attempt.

Stupid, and completely predictable...not to mention totally unfunny, and not even worth the non-paper it's not printed on.

The absolute worst attempt at an April Fool's joke I've ever witnessed.

Did anybody else NOT read this too?

Lame with a capital F...as in "off"...

April Fool's?

you seem very angry and not too funny.

• Like 1

All that work and yet a complete unequivocal immense fail. Almost as original as calling Rush "The Boys"...

When you try to do an April Fool's joke, at least TRY to something that isn't cliched. I mean, at least make an attempt.

Stupid, and completely predictable...not to mention totally unfunny, and not even worth the non-paper it's not printed on.

April Fool's?

I think that this guy is Gemini's slightly more obtuse and way less amusing alter ego.

• Like 2

April Fool's?

I think that this guy is Gemini's slightly more obtuse and way less amusing alter ego.

It was childish and predictable, but not anger inducing.

Thought this was funny. I guess I have a weird sense of humor compared to the rest of the posters here. :LOL:
  • Like 3

April Fool's?

In other news, Debbie Downer and Wendy Whiner are apparently Rush fans.

2 of the 7 female fans?

• Like 3

Thought this was funny. I guess I have a weird sense of humor compared to the rest of the posters here. :LOL:

:codger: weird sense of humor here too....
  • Like 2