Ya_Big_Tree

brutal

Yes it was.

Too much.

Way overboard in the gratuitous gore department.

Disgusting, in fact.

I assume you're not a Walking Dead fan.

• Like 1

brutal

Yes it was.

Too much.

Disgusting, in fact.

Seriously? You sound like you just started watching this show. With all the violence this show has had, someone getting their head crushed in is too much for you? Yes, it was done in a brutal and barbaric way but we shouldn't expect anything less from the show at this point.

Edited by J2112YYZ

brutal

Yes it was.

Too much.

Disgusting, in fact.

Seriously? You sound like you just started watching this show. With all the violence this show has had, someone getting their head crushed in is too much for you? Yes, it was done in a brutal and barbaric way but we shouldn't expect anything less from the show at this point.

the red wedding was way more freakish.

• Like 1

I just can't forgive Jaime for what he did in the first episode of the series. I know a lot of people who are coming around on him, and I can certainly tell that he's grown as a character, but I can't forget that incestuous prick who treated everyone like shit and coldbloodedly shoved a little boy out of a tower.

If Jaime Lannister truly has changed in character, then you would not be punishing the Jaime Lannister who pushed that little boy out of the tower. That Jaime Lannister no longer exists. You would instead be "punishing" a being who would not do such a thing.

I just can't forgive Jaime for what he did in the first episode of the series. I know a lot of people who are coming around on him, and I can certainly tell that he's grown as a character, but I can't forget that incestuous prick who treated everyone like shit and coldbloodedly shoved a little boy out of a tower.

If Jaime Lannister truly has changed in character, then you would not be punishing the Jaime Lannister who pushed that little boy out of the tower. That Jaime Lannister no longer exists. You would instead be "punishing" a being who would not do such a thing.

Well after last episode, I've lost a bit of my sympathy for him

That scene was inappropriate and un called for.. It was not rape in the book, entirely consensual.. Still messed up having incest sex next to the corpse of your dead incest son, but Jaime did not rape Cersei in ASOS.... I don't know why that decision was made.

maybe because fans of the show were warming up to him?

hypothetical questions following:

Granted, it seemed downright malicious and evil of Jaime to rape Circe (or however they spell her name in this series, gah) right by the dead body of her child.

Granted, that child was a monster, and Circe is not much better . . .

How many of you would have thought it would be justified in a way if instead of raping her Jaime had pulled out his sword and run her through with it, slaying her on the spot right by Joffrey's corpse, while saying "you are so hateful, why was I cursed to be in love with such a hateful bitch, you deserve to die, evil bitch!"

Would he have been justified in doing that? Would you think it would have been cool of him to do that?

The show has not been kind at all to Jaime's character development.... The books are written from the perspective of several different characters, each chapter you are getting part of the story from a different character's point of view, experience what that character is feeling, and get their inner monologue... In book 3 Jaime becomes a POV character... And you discover that beneath the sister-banging, cocky asshole you have been seeing from other character's perspective is a person who does care what others think of him... who hates being called "Kingslayer" (rightly so, because people mis-understand his true motivations about breaking his oaths). And is a person who is trying to atone for his past wrongs, and is falling out of his enamor with his sister... The show has barely any of this hinted with Jaime's character....

There have been two moments in this series that have been so far out of line with Jaime's character it is infuriating... the moment in this past episode, and the moment in season 2 where he murdered his cousin in an escape attempt.. JAIME WOULD NOT DO THAT!!! Kinslaying in this world is looked at as bad as kingslaying, or killing guests who have shared food under your roof.. Jaime who is trying to clean his sullied name would not have even thought of it.. Writers of the show, QUIT f***ing UP THIS CHARACTER!!!!

Thank you!

I agree... I think this season I've grown to love Jaime even more tho despite the writers f***ing up his character in the ways you mentioned. He's my fave character because he is so complex and you can see deep down he is an honourable man and when he's away from his evil bitch sister you see that. He's VERY important to what happens next in the story and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. :D

:popcorn:

brutal

Yes it was.

Too much.

Disgusting, in fact.

Huh??

brutal

Yes it was.

Too much.

Disgusting, in fact.

Huh??

I was way more disturbed by the red wedding than the events of this last episode.

Well, the Red Wedding was bloody... but this looked like someone was making spaghetti in a pressure cooker and hit the wrong knob.

The red wedding was "shocking" in the sense that the audience didn't see such a treacherous end coming to Rob and Lady Stark and company.

Exploding Oberon's head was something else -- just showing an exploding head for the sake of showing an exploding head.

Whatever.

I am not a particularly squeamish person, but that just had me shaking my head in disgust at the screenwriters for the completely gratuitous wallowing in gore.

Hey, sorry if my reaction offends some people's sense of loyalty to the show or whatever.

Perhaps part of the reason I disliked it so much was that I really liked Oberon. If that had been Joffrey's fate, hmmmm . . . . . let me think about that one . . . .Joffrey's head exploding in gore . . . .

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Well after last episode, I've lost a bit of my sympathy for him

That scene was inappropriate and un called for.. It was not rape in the book, entirely consensual.. Still messed up having incest sex next to the corpse of your dead incest son, but Jaime did not rape Cersei in ASOS.... I don't know why that decision was made.

maybe because fans of the show were warming up to him?

hypothetical questions following:

Granted, it seemed downright malicious and evil of Jaime to rape Circe (or however they spell her name in this series, gah) right by the dead body of her child.

Granted, that child was a monster, and Circe is not much better . . .

How many of you would have thought it would be justified in a way if instead of raping her Jaime had pulled out his sword and run her through with it, slaying her on the spot right by Joffrey's corpse, while saying "you are so hateful, why was I cursed to be in love with such a hateful bitch, you deserve to die, evil bitch!"

Would he have been justified in doing that? Would you think it would have been cool of him to do that?

The show has not been kind at all to Jaime's character development.... The books are written from the perspective of several different characters, each chapter you are getting part of the story from a different character's point of view, experience what that character is feeling, and get their inner monologue... In book 3 Jaime becomes a POV character... And you discover that beneath the sister-banging, cocky asshole you have been seeing from other character's perspective is a person who does care what others think of him... who hates being called "Kingslayer" (rightly so, because people mis-understand his true motivations about breaking his oaths). And is a person who is trying to atone for his past wrongs, and is falling out of his enamor with his sister... The show has barely any of this hinted with Jaime's character....

There have been two moments in this series that have been so far out of line with Jaime's character it is infuriating... the moment in this past episode, and the moment in season 2 where he murdered his cousin in an escape attempt.. JAIME WOULD NOT DO THAT!!! Kinslaying in this world is looked at as bad as kingslaying, or killing guests who have shared food under your roof.. Jaime who is trying to clean his sullied name would not have even thought of it.. Writers of the show, QUIT f***ing UP THIS CHARACTER!!!!

Thank you!

I agree... I think this season I've grown to love Jaime even more tho despite the writers f***ing up his character in the ways you mentioned. He's my fave character because he is so complex and you can see deep down he is an honourable man and when he's away from his evil bitch sister you see that. He's VERY important to what happens next in the story and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. :D

:popcorn:

Yeah, I am liking Jaime too. KJ is on record as Jaime's sins being too unforgivable for redemption, but I don't see it that. way.

• Like 1

A co-worker of mine (big fan of Game of Thrones) was so angry about that scene that, when I saw him early yesterday morning (early at the office, in the kitchen, getting coffee), he looked at me, I looked at him. I said the one word "Gross" with a big grimacing look. He then went on a tirade about how he went to bed pissed off about that, and woke up this morning still pissed off about it.

He was so upset that he said he was thinking of just canceling HBO entirely and never watching another damned episode of Game of Thrones. lol

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

A co-worker of mine (big fan of Game of Thrones) was so angry about that scene that, when I saw him early yesterday morning (early at the office, in the kitchen, getting coffee), he looked at me, I looked at him. I said the one word "Gross" with a big grimacing look. He then went on a tirade about how he went to bed pissed off about that, and woke up this morning still pissed off about it.

He was so upset that he said he was thinking of just canceling HBO entirely and never watching another damned episode of Game of Thrones. lol

He could save himself so much grief by reading the book

Yeah, I am liking Jaime too. KJ is on record as Jaime's sins being too unforgivable for redemption, but I don't see it that. way.

He'll earn back a lot of points if he can spring Tyrion from the Hoosegow.

Edited by KenJennings

The battle of Castle Black was really good and action packed, and who doesn't love the sight of giants riding Wooly Mammoths, but I felt like the episode didn't do much to propel the story and now we are down to the season finale.

Really good season overall though.

Great episode.. Though I think (if it stays true to A Storm of Swords) the finale will top even this episode..

And then there's this.. (Spoilers for S04E09 in link)

Edited by The Owl

Last two episodes were great. Too bad we gotta wait another year for it...and how come we only get 10 episodes? That's bullshit.

TV series' get shorter and shorter all the time. What happened to having 22 episodes per season? I agree it sucks.

Last two episodes were great. Too bad we gotta wait another year for it...and how come we only get 10 episodes? That's bullshit.

TV series' get shorter and shorter all the time. What happened to having 22 episodes per season? I agree it sucks.

That's the norm for the major network TV shows. For the cable ones usually 12 or 13 is the max for one season. Either way this show still comes in below average on the number of episodes per season. I don't read the books but I guess they try to end every season the same way the stories do in the books. I don't mind the shorter seasons because everything is more to the point. With seasons that go 20 something episodes there's always some filler shows that really don't serve a purpose.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Game of Thrones still has a better track record than the "we'll make episodes when we feel like it" approach of Doctor Who. Only 16 episodes since December 2011.

Edited by The Owl
  • Like 1