Can't seem to stop drawing lately

edm2112

Normally I find that I'll only sit down and draw a few pictures (that i think are worth keeping) per year...For some reason, just in the past few days, I've done nothing but draw. I've been enjoying my recent productivity and I feel like each one is better than the last. Been drawing musicians mainly...it's nice to zone out listening to whichever particular album my subject is related to. I normally stick with the good ol' high quality pencil and paper...maybe a little charcoal...at this point I'm not feeling adventurous enough to venture into too many colors and other mediums. *Disclaimer: I don't consider myself a professional at all...a few art classes through elementary and high school...and a little inspiration :smoke: is the only training I've had.*

These have been done in just the past 2 days:

13436042353_54b59fdac9_n.jpg

13500605094_6b939aa212_n.jpg

13500623504_c4a53dc0a4_n.jpg

13500267745_a75dfd4d84_n.jpg

Here's some others that have been done over the past year or so...some of these arent musicians.

10047703253_fecda25dda_n.jpg 10047618376_705dd49e5c_n.jpg

13500364883_6f63783eab_n.jpg

13500267385_f6a7bbd19f_n.jpg 13500778354_766cc73126_n.jpg

( ^ My Grandfather and Grandmother )

13500778174_1fab044faf_n.jpg 13500435725_cf241491f1_n.jpg

• Like 15

Wow! Thank you all for your kind words. Really gives a guy a good confidence boost to hear it.

The ones of your grandparents are especially cool.

I think so too. The photos I drew these from were taken around 1944...I called the two portraits "Sailor and his Sweetheart"

After my estranged "father" left, they really helped my mother raise me to be the best person I can be. My grandfather taught me that patience and determination are the most important qualities in a good work ethic...and that everyone and everything you love is more important than anything else. He's the strongest person I know. After seeing my grandmother slowly succumb to Alzheimer's and her passing in '07, I realized just how strong he was. He was right by her side every day. He's 92 years young, a WWII Navy veteran, my best friend, and the only real father figure I had to look up to. So those portraits were done for him as a small gesture of appreciation for everything he's done for myself and my family. Anything I can do to make him proud, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

Stunning and amazing drawings. Does police work (drawing a suspect) or court room sketches interest you? If you would like to turn this talent into a profession, those are 2 ideas. if it's just a hobby, enjoy and keep up the good work.
  • Like 1

Haven't really considered that kind of work....Nowadays most police departments are using photoshop (rather poorly, i might add) for suspect composite sketches...and courtroom drawing is becoming a dying art...that and I just don't think I could capture scenes quickly enough to be able to do that. So for now I guess it'll just remain a hobby. I have been taking requests and getting commissioned to do personal portraits for friends and family...so maybe something will come of that.

Here's a new one, hot off the sketchbook. I know there was some discussion of a Rush Bond-theme...so I was inspired to draw the original, the always classy, Sean Connery flavor of James Bond

13890171339_624dfaf958.jpg

• Like 3

I love your Jack Sparrow image. they're all great. I like the one with the robotic mouse thingy playing chess (is it chess?).

Thank you! Haha, close...it's deadmau5...doing whatever it is he does on stage....here's the image I drew it from.

http://i.imgur.com/Y4fj4DHl.jpg

• Like 1

:ebert: Absolutely wonderful! You are very talented. :)
  • Like 2

Wow! Thank you all for your kind words. Really gives a guy a good confidence boost to hear it.

I think so too. The photos I drew these from were taken around 1944...I called the two portraits "Sailor and his Sweetheart"

After my estranged "father" left, they really helped my mother raise me to be the best person I can be. My grandfather taught me that patience and determination are the most important qualities in a good work ethic...and that everyone and everything you love is more important than anything else. He's the strongest person I know. After seeing my grandmother slowly succumb to Alzheimer's and her passing in '07, I realized just how strong he was. He was right by her side every day. He's 92 years young, a WWII Navy veteran, my best friend, and the only real father figure I had to look up to. So those portraits were done for him as a small gesture of appreciation for everything he's done for myself and my family. Anything I can do to make him proud, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Wow

Thats beautiful!! There needs to be more young folks like you. You were brought up and taught well by some amazing folks. I admire your drawing skills and your zest for life. You have a good head on your shoulders. Never forget where you came from as you get older. :ebert:

• Like 1

Haven't really considered that kind of work....Nowadays most police departments are using photoshop (rather poorly, i might add) for suspect composite sketches...and courtroom drawing is becoming a dying art...that and I just don't think I could capture scenes quickly enough to be able to do that. So for now I guess it'll just remain a hobby. I have been taking requests and getting commissioned to do personal portraits for friends and family...so maybe something will come of that.

Here's a new one, hot off the sketchbook. I know there was some discussion of a Rush Bond-theme...so I was inspired to draw the original, the always classy, Sean Connery flavor of James Bond

13890171339_624dfaf958.jpg

Thats awesome!! :haz:

• Like 3

Wow

Thats beautiful!! There needs to be more young folks like you. You were brought up and taught well by some amazing folks. I admire your drawing skills and your zest for life. You have a good head on your shoulders. Never forget where you came from as you get older. :ebert:

Thanks! I know all the values he's taught me have really made me who I am today. And for that, I am truly thankful. I appreciate every kind word and compliment all you crazy TRF folks have sent my way. Definitely some good positive reinforcement to keep up this little hobby of mine haha!

• Like 1

Wow

Thanks! I know all the values he's taught me have really made me who I am today. And for that, I am truly thankful. I appreciate every kind word and compliment all you crazy TRF folks have sent my way. Definitely some good positive reinforcement to keep up this little hobby of mine haha!

If I send you some pics. can you draw them? I will pay of course. Wanna do some thing special for my girlfiend at Christmas.