Drop the Singing...

The Yukon Blade Grinder asks YOU   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is a mostly instrumental tour a good idea?

• Nope....only a couple instrumentals allowed
    • Yeah that'd be awesome. ...all instrumentals with a vocal encore of 10 songs

I have actually thought of this as well...lets face it..Geddys voice is shot..yes, he can pull some tunes off, mostly newer ones, but the classics sound quite painful a lot of the time..Limelight , IMO, is a prime example of this..he struggles
  • Like 1

I have actually thought of this as well...lets face it..Geddys voice is shot..yes, he can pull some tunes off, mostly newer ones, but the classics sound quite painful a lot of the time..Limelight , IMO, is a prime example of this..he struggles

My exact thoughts. Just sing what he sing can sing well...I'd be happy!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I would rather have recordings of the vocals played over top while the boys just rock out! For the most part, the instrumentals just don't do it for me, I like the songs with vocals much more
  • Like 2

I'll go a step further. I would love an instrumental album. I know most wouldn't want it but I would. Some funky, jazzy instrumentals with no vocals to end it all would be fine with me. I will never forget the first listens to La Villa and thinking damn that is cool, funky and different. I would love to hear a whole album of that style music from them. Lets have an opus to end all opuses recorded clear and concise...... :)
  • Like 4

I'll go a step further. I would love an instrumental album. I know most wouldn't want it but I would. Some funky, jazzy instrumentals with no vocals to end it all would be fine with me. I will never forget the first listens to La Villa and thinking damn that is cool, funky and different. I would love to hear a whole album of that style music from them. Lets have an opus to end all opuses recorded clear and concise...... :)

Yes! This would be awesome. It's something I always hoped that they would do. Even before Geddys vocals started to go downhill.

• Like 2

Yes! This would be awesome. It's something I always hoped that they would do. Even before Geddys vocals started to go downhill.

You know they have a bunch of jams recorded and in their heads that they could structure in to beautiful "listening music". Imagine all of their instrumentals on one album and on steroids. Oh it would be fabulous.... :) :cheers:
  • Like 3

You know they have a bunch of jams recorded and in their heads that they could structure in to beautiful "listening music". Imagine all of their instrumentals on one album and on steroids. Oh it would be fabulous.... :) :cheers:

Hear hear! Imagine it. It's been something Geddy's been advocating for a while according to Neil. Take it to the limit guys...push yourselves

Hear hear! Imagine it. It's been something Geddy's been advocating for a while according to Neil. Take it to the limit guys...push yourselves

I will however allow Geddy the occasional "one , two, buckle my shoe" sprinkled in here and there....... :LOL:
  • Like 2

The vocals are just another instrument added to the mix. Just the icing on the cake. But I would love to hear more extended instrumentals. They do them so well and so creatively. I would still love to hear Headlong Flight as the instrumental it started out to be.

• Like 1

Sorry, double post.

Edited by EagleMoon

I will however allow Geddy the occasional "one , two, buckle my shoe" sprinkled in here and there....... :LOL:

How Canadian of you

It's different, but it's not terrible. It has it's pros and cons...

But, and this is very important, Geddy's aged voice has it's place in Rush history... And there's a charm to it. All eras of Rush will be looked back upon with admiration by many... It certainly will be that way for me. I'm a younger fan however, so I don't have that much of a nostalgic attachment, and I didn't have to see the band devolve over the years (if you think of it that way of course).

If they were to play Double Agent as an instrumental, I might actually like that song.

Also, throw in a medley of 70's songs a la R30 and arrange another song or two as an instrumental.

This gets us songs we wouldn't otherwise hear and helps spare us from a TM Tour style vocal breakdown. I still need to get a good boot of that tour...Geddy sounded great when I saw him, but I simply can't listen to over half of the CD cuz his vocals are so bad.

No, believe it or not I really like Geddy's current voice. Maybe he cracks sometimes, but it's his voice and it puts a unique touch on every song with vocals. He still has the mid 80's tone sometimes too. Not as much as I'd like, but it's still there. I believe in him and I know he can still sing amazing.
  • Like 1

If they were to play Double Agent as an instrumental, I might actually like that song.

Also, throw in a medley of 70's songs a la R30 and arrange another song or two as an instrumental.

This gets us songs we wouldn't otherwise hear and helps spare us from a TM Tour style vocal breakdown. I still need to get a good boot of that tour...Geddy sounded great when I saw him, but I simply can't listen to over half of the CD cuz his vocals are so bad.

Just sing over Geddy. Soon enough, you'll appreciate his vocals. You're welcome.