Top Ten Classic Metal Albums

Steevo

I was talking about music with an older gentleman once...he said foghat and skynyrd were what he and his buddies called heavy metal

Yeah, thats just silly...but i suppose i can understand the thinking at the time.

early sabbath's the best I think. SBS and sabotage are great, as are heaven and hell and mob rules, but sometimes I don't always want f***ing keyboards and that super glossy production that rush fans are obsessed with.

sometimes I like rock n roll to be raw, primal, heavy, evil sounding. we know the guys in sabbath aren't evil and they're really just rich harmless old men, but those first 4 albums, especially the first 3, still sound menacing (even when they're singing about the good lord above, kinda like another band from the 80s called TROUBLE, who sound a lot like sabbath, but none of you'd like em)

Trouble was great!

• Like 1

Modern Metal as we know comes from Metallica, Slayer, etc...so yeah, AC/DC were called Metal in 79, but so was Van Halen..the critics at the time just didnt know what to make of it

I saw his band live in 1997 and was really impressed. Great sound, great show and every entertaining. Not a fan but his AC Superstar is a really good album. In my top 10.

Just like to add...On Stage, Made In Japan and You Get What You Play For...to Tony's list. :haz:

Just three bands for my top 10 classic metal albums:

1.Black Sabbath - Paranoid

2. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality

3. Metallica - Master of Puppets

4. Metallica - Ride the Lightning

5. Iron Maiden - Powerslave

6. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

7. Metallica - Kill Em All

8. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden

9. Black Sabbath - Vol. 4

10. Black Sabbath - S/T