Need Someone To Talk To Here

RushFlyer2112

Rushflyer, you are not alone in how you are feeling. If you only knew how often this place is the only bright light in my life.

TRF must go on forever. What would many of us do without it?

Hello :), I've been wondering how you were. Yes, it should. Without this site I would have absolutely no social interaction with other people, aside from the occasional "Hi, how are you?" I always respond with "Good, fine." when that really isn't true. I think that's just an attempt to avoid further conversation, because I assume they wouldn't understand or care. Here you can tell that people genuinely care and many people share the same feelings and experiences.

Yes, I know well what you mean. One time I attempted to give an honest answer to one of the "Hi! How are you?" inquiries.

Never again.

I can relate to that. Even when I have tried to speak to counselors and psychologists about what’s bothering me I’ve had responses such as “I’m a scientist. I don’t think you’re being entirely honest here. What you’re telling me could be true, be seems highly unlikely.” After pouring my heart out to the guy and explaining to him how I seriously believed everything that’s wrong in this life was my fault, he said, “Wow, you are a very powerful person.” and proceeded to discuss the stock market trends, which is something I have no knowledge of or interest in. I had enough negative energy built up from his remarks I could have thrown that man’s desk clear across the room and beyond. I kept all of it to myself though, and kept my comments to myself. When I got home I slammed the front door so hard I actually cracked the door frame. My poor cats were terrified, and I felt really bad after I did that, but that just really got on my nerves. Even people who are supposed to help you don’t give a damn.

Shrinks and counselors don't care. They don't get paid to care. They get paid to listen to you. And most of them don't even do that well.

There's nothing worse than pouring your heart out to someone and realize that the person not only doesn't care, but isn't even really listening to you.

I was lucky enough to find a good therapist. He speaks to me with emotion and feeling and isn't monotone, also he doesn't take any notes but can still repeat back exactly what I said to him after yapping a good five minutes. He is a rare find though, I've been lucky with most of my doctors since I moved here.

I wasn't always introverted, shy a little, maybe. But before I was assaulted I was a fearless flirt and loved to talk to strangers and make friends with everybody, these days I just want to be in bed with a book. Being social drains me.

Rushflyer, you are not alone in how you are feeling. If you only knew how often this place is the only bright light in my life.

Hello :), I've been wondering how you were. Yes, it should. Without this site I would have absolutely no social interaction with other people, aside from the occasional "Hi, how are you?" I always respond with "Good, fine." when that really isn't true. I think that's just an attempt to avoid further conversation, because I assume they wouldn't understand or care. Here you can tell that people genuinely care and many people share the same feelings and experiences.

Yes, I know well what you mean. One time I attempted to give an honest answer to one of the "Hi! How are you?" inquiries.

Never again.

Yes, I've learned that lesson the hard way. People don't really want to know what's going on, it's just a nicety of polite society.

I despise small talk as it is, and I wish that society would dispense with the meaningless niceties such as "How's your day going?" or "Have a nice day!". I could do without them. The person asking doesn't really care, so what's the point?

Yeah, it annoys me sometimes when people smile and say “What a gorgeous day today!” I know they’re just being nice, but all I can think is “Right, if you only knew.”

People who talk about the weather must want me to punch them in the head lol.

Haha. Thanks for the laugh, I desperately needed that today lol.

• Like 1

Never again.

Yes, I've learned that lesson the hard way. People don't really want to know what's going on, it's just a nicety of polite society.

I despise small talk as it is, and I wish that society would dispense with the meaningless niceties such as "How's your day going?" or "Have a nice day!". I could do without them. The person asking doesn't really care, so what's the point?

Yeah, it annoys me sometimes when people smile and say “What a gorgeous day today!” I know they’re just being nice, but all I can think is “Right, if you only knew.”

People who talk about the weather must want me to punch them in the head lol.

Haha. Thanks for the laugh, I desperately needed that today lol.

You are welcome. We have this lady that comes to my office every Monday to water the plants, all she talks about is the weather. So when I see her coming I call my mother on the phone. That's how much I hate random people talking about the weather.

• Like 1

So, Gangst, how's the weather there in southern Cal?

:outtahere: :sigh:

• Like 2

How many people here would consider themselves introverts? *raises hand*

Definitely.

I don't think non-introverts realize how hard it is to be this way. I certainly didn't choose it, and it's not something you can just "shake off" and change.

*Sigh*

I have social issues sometimes and I am painfully slow and shy very heavily on here and with people from the outside

I have social issues sometimes and I am painfully slow and shy very heavily on here and with people from the outside

Are you saying you are shy here too?

I don't think you have to worry about social issues and being painfully slow here. :)

• Like 2

How many people here would consider themselves introverts? *raises hand*

Definitely.

I don't think non-introverts realize how hard it is to be this way. I certainly didn't choose it, and it's not something you can just "shake off" and change.

*Sigh*

I agree.

Never again.

Right, it's a beautiful day, so that makes everything else better, just by its nature? I don't believe so.

• Like 1

Looking over the whole of the thread, it looks like I missed some valuable discussion (oh, the things I miss out on during the day, with all the stupid shite I have to do- like going to work)...I don't want to sit here and address every single post that strikes me, even though I actually do want to- if that makes sense. That, and I see that the few men who posted a few comments early in the thread have all since bailed.

But at any rate...I also don't take kindly to niceties like "How are you today?"- I generally don't ask people that. But then again, at times when I do ask someone a question like that it is because I really do want to know- for good or ill.

And too much sunshine pisses me off. I take comfort in big storms, and I'm a big fan of what one might call "English weather"- chilly rain and wind, I love that kind of thing. Again, it's just comforting, I guess.

You all are some very lovely people. All of you, you know...and I mean that.

• Like 4

Looking over the whole of the thread, it looks like I missed some valuable discussion (oh, the things I miss out on during the day, with all the stupid shite I have to do- like going to work)...I don't want to sit here and address every single post that strikes me, even though I actually do want to- if that makes sense. That, and I see that the few men who posted a few comments early in the thread have all since bailed.

But at any rate...I also don't take kindly to niceties like "How are you today?"- I generally don't ask people that. But then again, at times when I do ask someone a question like that it is because I really do want to know- for good or ill.

And too much sunshine pisses me off. I take comfort in big storms, and I'm a big fan of what one might call "English weather"- chilly rain and wind, I love that kind of thing. Again, it's just comforting, I guess.

You all are some very lovely people. All of you, you know...and I mean that.

I enjoy a good downpour from time to time as well. The mournful darkness of a dreary day is almost like nature’s way of empathizing with your pain, yet at the same time it’s invigorating and healing. There’s nothing worse than existing in hell while it seems all the world around you is ceaselessly churning with joy. I’ll never forget the homeless man and his dog I saw ten years ago. He was holding a sign that read, “Can you please help me? Even a smile would help.” I thought about all of the people that vigilantly turned their heads and continued on with their lives, all of the people that could have helped him, and that really hit me hard. I wanted to help, but I was only a child and there was nothing I could do. I thought, “This is someone’s child, someone’s brother, someone’s father. What difference does it make if they are not of your own blood? This is a human life for Pete’s sake. Someone do something!” I looked at him and waved, and he nodded and smiled back at me as if he were saying “Thanks for acknowledging me.” The pain in that man’s eyes pierced through me like a cold steel blade, but the kindness in his smile told me there’s still hope for this world. I’ve seen people sleeping in cardboard boxes outside of strip malls and people living in their cars, and in the same moment listen to celebrities complain about how much their life sucks. Money doesn’t always buy happiness, but they should be grateful they have everything they could ever need and more. Listening to people talk about cosmetic surgery and multi-thousand dollar wardrobes makes me nauseous. Sunshine can certainly be a slap in the face sometimes, but other times it can be a symbol of hope. It’s been raining all evening here, and I am definitely enjoying it.

Sorry gansterfurious, I know you don’t like to talk about the weather, LOL!

• Like 1

I’ll never forget the homeless man and his dog I saw ten years ago. He was holding a sign that read, “Can you please help me? Even a smile would help.” I thought about all of the people that vigilantly turned their heads and continued on with their lives, all of the people that could have helped him, and that really hit me hard. I wanted to help, but I was only a child and there was nothing I could do. I thought, “This is someone’s child, someone’s brother, someone’s father. What difference does it make if they are not of your own blood? This is a human life for Pete’s sake. Someone do something!” I looked at him and waved, and he nodded and smiled back at me as if he were saying “Thanks for acknowledging me.” The pain in that man’s eyes pierced through me like a cold steel blade, but the kindness in his smile told me there’s still hope for this world.

I saw that dude too and gave him some change. Two minutes later he was kicking the mutt and hitting up a liquor store.