Return of Accoustic Set?

CrimsonE

No, I'm not claiming that there will be one, because I'm certain that's a decision the band won't make for a looong time. However, how many would like to see the return of the accoustic set? I'd love to see them break out a few classics and hidden gems in purely accoustic form. Here are some interesting choices:

Rivendell: This would be awesome, but they'd have to rework the vocals so that it would fit Geddy's current voice.

Lakeside Park: If they gave this a more subtle feel to accompany Geddy's voice, this would be perfect. I could imagine Alex throwing in one hell of a accoustic guitar solo.

Second Nature: There were rumors floating around that they'd do this song accoustically, but that never came to pass. However, I think that would be perfect.

Tom Sawyer: I would love to see the band completely rework the song and have fun transforming it into an accoustic jam.

Different Strings: A more traditional accoustic song that might fit nicely.

Halo Effect: Perhaps the best song they could break out from the recent batch of songs.

For What Its Worth: A very good song from Feedback, and one that would fit nicely into an accoustic set.

Jacob's Ladder: This would be a great song to start accoustic up through the middle break, then have Geddy do the keyboard solo, and then shift into the electric guitar for the second half.

I think it would be very cool. That's one thing I liked about the R30 tour. Made it different from every other tour they've done. It was a nice change. I think they should do something completely out of the ordinary since it's an anniversary tour in a sense.
  • Like 1

Not me. A magnificent snoozefest that would be.

Falling asleep just imagining it. I think they should METAL those songs up.

i thinkk u should shuit the f**k up

Wow.

Where would I even start?

I think it would be great to see an acoustic set. But the "return" of an acoustic set? When have they done one in the past?

(I missed out on the mid '90s up through Time Machine, so...)

• Like 1

I think it would be great to see an acoustic set. But the "return" of an acoustic set? When have they done one in the past?

(I missed out on the mid '90s up through Time Machine, so...)

git yer shit straight. they did acoustic setts on vt and r30. or as i called it VD cuse i got some from a who-a at the dallas show

Wow.

u can start but shuitting the fuckk up and dozerin

Wow.

u wanna fite?

Stop being idiots. This forum isn't for fighting. You know who you are. Anyway, I think it'd be an interesting idea. Maybe The Main Monkey Business and Tears could make appearances? Perhaps even Subdivisions… Edited by Disk98

Stop being idiots. This forum isn't for fighting. You know who you are. Anyway, I think it'd be an interesting idea. Maybe The Main Monkey Business and Tears could make appearances? Perhaps even Subdivisions…

Just ignore Inyo!

• Like 1

I had a weird feeling that Lakeside Park would slip into the LAST acoustic set, and it never happened (kind of like Losing It didn't slide into the set since they had strings on stage?!?! guys, you missed a great opportunity!!!)

I think they should put a website out and let the fans vote for what they want to hear, and see if they attempt any of the tunes!

(and as an old fan, hope that 99% of the dipstick population just doesn't click "Tom Sawyer" because it's all they know, while the old school fans are all like "HEMISPHERES!")

and not really interested in an acoustic set. or a reggae or polka version of cygnus x-1 or some shit. I'm with the guy who said they should metal up the songs a bit. nothing wrong with playing something heavy.
  • Like 1

I think they should put a website out and let the fans vote for what they want to hear, and see if they attempt any of the tunes!

(and as an old fan, hope that 99% of the dipstick population just doesn't click "Tom Sawyer" because it's all they know, while the old school fans are all like "HEMISPHERES!")

No, keep that idea off your mind. Metallica tried this out, and it isn't great. All you're going to see is a disappointing end to a good idea.

No, keep that idea off your mind. Metallica tried this out, and it isn't great. All you're going to see is a disappointing end to a good idea.

They did it a few years back...a lot of people wanted Camera Eye and they got it when they did the whole album (finally) I forget what else was voted....

They did it a few years back...a lot of people wanted Camera Eye and they got it when they did the whole album (finally) I forget what else was voted....

They have rushpetition.com every time a tour's about to start, apparently they're in connections with Anthem Records so I'm sure the guys know the site exists.

The top votes as of last tour were something like Jacob's Ladder, Afterimage, Cut To The Chase, Hemispheres, Countdown, and Available Light, to name a few.

• Like 1

They have rushpetition.com every time a tour's about to start, apparently they're in connections with Anthem Records so I'm sure the guys know the site exists.

The top votes as of last tour were something like Jacob's Ladder, Afterimage, Cut To The Chase, Hemispheres, Countdown, and Available Light, to name a few.

And they did none of them!

• Like 2

Actually I forgot a couple, probably because they DID play them live: Middletown, Manhattan, and Body Electric. They pulled quite a bit out of the vault for the last tour, mind you.

• Like 1

Actually I forgot a couple, probably because they DID play them live: Middletown, Manhattan, and Body Electric. They pulled quite a bit out of the vault for the last tour, mind you.

This I did not know. But it didn't work well in the case of MetallicA, so my point is still somewhat correct, as I did not know of this site that brought Middletown, Manhattan and Body Electric to the stage.