Your Profile Name and how it relates to Rush, if it does...

Thunder Bay Rush

I got this thing about principles, ya see.......integrity, doing the right thing, owning up, all that antiquated BS......;) ;)

This all has been very interesting, I must say. Some people have been really creative with their usernames.

And some are very creative with their avatars too...... :)

Found this place while looking for live shows some time ago. Logged in with standard name. Initials + last name makes me sounds like a dokter. The rest be history.

Your last name is Birdsong? That's really cool! (You don't happen to be an ornithologist, do you? ;) )

I love analog stuff like paper, vinyl records and analog amplifiers and think most things digital is devoid of "soul". Besides I grew up before mobile phones, Internet, compact discs so it made sense. Also it's a play on the song The Analog Kid, which is not really a fave by the way :)
  • Like 2

Dude, I’m totally with you on the analog stuff. Some of this digital shit is way too much for me… I wish I had kept all my old vinyl LPs.
  • Like 1

Found this place while looking for live shows some time ago. Logged in with standard name. Initials + last name makes me sounds like a dokter. The rest be history.

Your last name is Birdsong? That's really cool! (You don't happen to be an ornithologist, do you? ;) )

Naw, but it would be funny or weird or something if I was.

Obviously, my profile name came from The first two words that Geddy sang in Animate. I would've gone with the name "Animate" itself but I believe the name was taken already and I wanted have two-word name in my profile name that didn't bore any relation to "Tom Sawyer" or "Red Barchetta" in it somehow because I figured that's been overdone already.

Something just occurred to me.. The best name here would be one that has nothing to do with Rush because that's the one thing we can assume we all have in common.. It's better to have one that's different or unique like treefuck or moose or gemini-crisis..

*disclaimer:

All names appearing in the above post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Unless intended for pure sake of bad humor ;)

bathory is a band by the way

Woohoo!!! I knew that believe it or not... :cheers:

:haz:

Dude you should've replied with a YouTube video.. Or do I need to find it myself? Lol

I've never heard of Bathory.

Mine has nothing to do with Rush, it's just my favorite G.I. Joe character. I started using it way back in the day when I was obsessed with collecting 80s toys and whatnot. Been using it so long that most of my friends that I met from online call me Storm or Stormy in real life now, and I'm fine with that.
  • Like 1

I don't think many folks here would dig bathory. bad production, rough vocals, etc. they (more like he, since one dude wrote all the music/lyrics) get the credit for helping start black metal and "viking metal," neither of which is very popular around here. every time I registered here for a while I'd get banned anyway so I purposely named a few accounts after some "extreme" metal bands cause I knew most folks here hated that shit and hadn't heard of hardly any of the bands.