Adam Jones loves Rush

lachrymal

So, besides being a big Rush fan, I really love Tool. Recently I went to their show in Portland and splurged on a VIP pass, which included a Q&A and meet and greet with Adam (Jones, the guitarist, if you're not into the band). I've read a lot of interviews where Alex praises Adam's guitar playing/composition as a fan and an influence, so I wanted to ask Adam if he felt the same way. He told me he "absolutely loves" Rush, and would go to sleep listening to them, then wake up and start listening again - especially when he was younger. He also said that 2112 was his "musical awakening".

Apart from that the Tool VIP was a great experience: seats in the second row, Adam talked for a couple hours to the group and demonstrated some guitar playing techniques as well as playing the song Jambi for us. I even got to strum his Les Paul! Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I thought I'd share. Check out Tool if you haven't before, and maybe someday their new album will come out.

• Like 7

It's great to hear the two greatest axe-men ever to walk this fine Earth give so much props to one another! Adam even used to use the "A Passage to Bangkok" riff as a lead-in to their song "Cold an Ugly"!
  • Like 2

I thought this was gonna be about "Pac Man" Jones..... Great when they have famous fans..... :)
  • Like 2

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/200908/1250.f.jpg

Every musician who is worth his or hers salt is a fan of Rush.

Where was this taken? Never seen it before

I thought this was gonna be about "Pac Man" Jones..... Great when they have famous fans..... :)

Lame.

I actually agree.... Edited by Narpski

Every time I see this thread title, I think it says "Alex Jones...." When I first thought that is what the thread title was, I thought to myself that's a sure way to kill Rush's career once and for all.

Just popped in to tell everyone that. I know. Who cares, right? Well, I thought it was funny.

Bye!

• Like 1

Every time I see this thread title, I think it says "Alex Jones...." When I first thought that is what the thread title was, I thought to myself that's a sure way to kill Rush's career once and for all.

Just popped in to tell everyone that. I know. Who cares, right? Well, I thought it was funny.

Bye!

My post was probably predictable and lame as stated but in fairness to me Adam Jones "the football player" is the only one I ever heard of. That is truly what I thought when I first saw the thread.... Oh well... :sigh: :outtahere:

It won't let me edit. My above post was in response to Bathory.

I will edit. Lorraine's above post #15 is in response to bathory's post #13 and not the idiot who posted #14 that is in between. There ya go.... :) :cheers:
  • Like 1

Listen to the tune Lateralus and then the tune Test for Echo. Play the intermediary riff in Intolerance and then the fast riff in Hyperspace.

There's no doubt Adam has listened to and played some Rush. :)

• Like 3

Listen to the tune Lateralus and then the tune Test for Echo. Play the intermediary riff in Intolerance and then the fast riff in Hyperspace.

I always thought there was some Tool in Test For Echo, or is it the other way around? Don't know any song called Hyperspace?!

• Like 1

I always thought there was some Tool in Test For Echo, or is it the other way around? Don't know any song called Hyperspace?!

probably both. they've influenced each other I believe

Better keep that quiet, and whatever you do, don't tell Neil.

I doubt he cares. when neil's up there playing our favorite songs, I'm sure whether or not the audience is made up of liberals or conservatives is NOT on his mind, although SOCN might think otherwise