I found Neil's Replacment -

Thunder Bay Rush

I am that kinda guy that hate kids, and just think they are annoying. But I must admit this kid can play drums, is she a replacement for Neil? Noway! But should she be in a cover band and play Rush songs? Yes, for sure!
  • Like 1

No kidding… I’m not the guy who sits around watching You Tube all day and in fact, the only time I can (or do) is when I go into the city where they have good Internet (I live off the grid, in the woods and my Internet isn’t strong enough for video.) But on occasion, I do watch and I am astonished at some of the YOUNG talent out there. This little kid is 8!

There is another young drummer from Japan, Senri Kawagughi , who is often voted “Best female drummer in the world” by various polls here and there. I think she’s 16 now, but even when she was goddam 12, she was unreal. Even better than most of the big names of today and I’m not kidding. (I’m a drummer so I know what she’s playing.) There is a lot of video on her, but here’s one to start with - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-ppc2nDv8

She plays electric jazz, odd time signatures with ease and has the POWER and technical chops of someone who has been playing for 30 years. I don’t think she weighs 100 pounds, but the POWER… holy shit.

Why not this guy?

I knew who that was going to be before I even clicked the link

• Like 1

I guess this proves it… the stupider you act, the more famous you’ll be on You Tube. 25 million views. I'm surprised he didn’t end up with his own “Reality TV” show. (Eye roll)

Now, back to that little 8 year old girl… that kid will be a superstar drummer in a few years or so.

Why not this guy?

I knew who that was going to be before I even clicked the link

I thought I knew. I assumed it was going to be Avery the 7 year old

It must be hard for these kids when the sticks are almost the same size as their arms! These vids always make want to practice!

Awesome! She is incredible!

If you want to see a young female guitarist of equivalent talent, check out the Alek Yoo channel on YouTube.

Yes, I saw that little girl playing YYZ on her keyboard. Unreal talent! There are SO many talented kids out there these days. They probably always were out there, but without the Google and You Tube, we wouldn’t have known about them.

Gotta be Carlos Santana's wife. Holy smokes!!!!! :7up: :syrinx: :musicnote: :haz: :7up:

I am that kinda guy that hate kids, and just think they are annoying. But I must admit this kid can play drums, is she a replacement for Neil? Noway! But should she be in a cover band and play Rush songs? Yes, for sure!

I absolutely love kids. As long as they are MINE! LOL

what about this young lady, she has a lot going on.

I've seen this before! Is that Hiromi on the keyboards as a kid?

Have you ever seen Hiromi play live with Jackson on the bass and Simon Phillips on the drums?

ETERNAL