So Rush had a string section...

forcetenrushtribute

No. I wasn't interested in seeing them with the string section. If I spend the amount of money I'm spending on them, I want to see them. No one else. No strings, no nothing. Just them.
  • Like 3

Well I guess I'm going to differ with a lot of the trend here. As far as horns go, no no no and no. As far as the string section goes I had no problem with them at all. With or without them the Clockwork Angels second half is my favorite part of the tours I've seen.

Yeah....a horn section....then they can add Sussudio to the set list. No thanks. Strings good.....horns bad. I thought the string section was awesome because it provided texture and atmosphere. Much like keyboard parts do. Very few Rush songs I would want to hear horns in. Edited by presto123

I say no. As a one time thing it was interesting but I wouldn't want to see it again. I don't think they'd do it again anyway. I don't think anyone here wants to see them become an orchestra act.
  • Like 1

Well, I know I mentioned these guys before, but...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ4Q9_bDwLY[/media]

Hey, worth a shot, right? :huh:

Suddenly I cannot get the portmantwix't moniker "Blixa-Lerxst" outa my head.

• Like 2

Brings to my mind the Ghost in the Machine tour, whose album invited it. So I guess my question would be, did you have a particular repretoire in mind, or were you imagining a new album prominently horny??

Until such time, here's my contribution: :7up:

Look, I met several members of the string section. They were good people and talented musicians. BUT, I do NOT think that any other musicians need to be on stage with Rush. They were a distraction.

Especially Adele Stein....... :drool:

Was she the cellist with the tattoos? 'Cause she was pretty hot.

For the record, I don't care for horns at all. But I love cellos, and I loved seeing and hearing the strings with Rush. They were so into the show! I think it worked well with the selection of songs that did contain strings as seeing them reproduced live was much better than having them on pre-recorded tracks. I also think it was good they only had them out for part of the show.

Do I want the strings to make another appearance? Not necessarily—I wouldn't want them to overdo a good thing. Would I want Rush to tour with any other musicians? Definitely not.

Look, I met several members of the string section. They were good people and talented musicians. BUT, I do NOT think that any other musicians need to be on stage with Rush. They were a distraction.

Especially Adele Stein....... :drool:

Was she the cellist with the tattoos? 'Cause she was pretty hot.

For the record, I don't care for horns at all. But I love cellos, and I loved seeing and hearing the strings with Rush. They were so into the show! I think it worked well with the selection of songs that did contain strings as seeing them reproduced live was much better than having them on pre-recorded tracks. I also think it was good they only had them out for part of the show.

Do I want the strings to make another appearance? Not necessarily—I wouldn't want them to overdo a good thing. Would I want Rush to tour with any other musicians? Definitely not.

She with the fair skin, red hair and tats. Oh yes. Something like that is on my bucket list..... :)

Let's talk about harps shall we?

Good lord, no. The quickest way to cheese up a band is to shoehorn in a horn/wind section. Add the horns, jump the shark. I remember seeing a Who performance of Won't Get Fooled Again that had horns and a little part of me died then.

The strings on the CA tour... okay, one tour is fine. That was that tour's schtick. I'm with the other poster who said the only strings I want to see on stage from this point on are the ones on Geddy's and Alex's instruments. ;)

Edited by Bangster of Goats
  • Like 3

I think for the next tour they ought to dress all in black, put a pentagram up on the stage and play some really fast headbanging music.....wait....

I could see a wind section working (that's wind, not horn. A horn section implies that they would have people playing French and English horns only, when you a probably thinking of trumpets, trombones, and saxophones). I think it could work on some of their older bluesy songs and over some synth riffs like on The Big Money and Roll The Bones.

Typically you would call that a "horn section" (I.e., "trumpets, trombone sax"). I would know - I've made most of my living as a studio/touring trumpet player in the Nashville scene. ;)

No No No, they need a Triangle Section!!!! hahahaha

We have a winner!

I can see it. Thirty years from now with Ged on triangle and Alex just sitting their next to him on a toilet mockingly reading from Neil's Letters from the Old Folks Home. The entire stage behind them is taken up by drums and household appliances, but Neil is nowhere to be found.

• Like 1