Autism

GhostGirl

This may not affect too many people here, but for a long, long time I've been researching a possible connection between thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative, and autism. I have lots and lots of articles to back this up, and while I don't know if it's too late to help my son, if you are a parent, please take note of what I'll periodically post here. This is a scary issue, and I would feel awful if I didn't share what I'm learning.

I'll post links here as I have time, for those who are interested.

Also, we have an appointment tomorrow with a doctor who believes this to be a true scenario, so I'm cautiously optimistic that we're seeking help while my son is still young enough to benefit from the treatments.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll post some links to articles/research as soon as I can.

(Thimerosal is no longer in vaccines at such alarming levels, but it DOES still exist. My son was given vaccines containing this vile substance in amounts far exceeding FDA guidelines in 2000-2001.)

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 18 2005, 04:46 PM)
Oh, my, Belle. Thank goodness you've found a doctor who might be able to help. Sending all my positive thoughts your way!!!! heart.gif

Definitely keep us updated on this.

For sure!

Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers! wub.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2005, 03:31 PM)
This may not affect too many people here, but for a long, long time I've been researching a possible connection between thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative, and autism. I have lots and lots of articles to back this up, and while I don't know if it's too late to help my son, if you are a parent, please take note of what I'll periodically post here. This is a scary issue, and I would feel awful if I didn't share what I'm learning.

I'll post links here as I have time, for those who are interested.

Also, we have an appointment tomorrow with a doctor who believes this to be a true scenario, so I'm cautiously optimistic that we're seeking help while my son is still young enough to benefit from the treatments.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll post some links to articles/research as soon as I can.

(Thimerosal is no longer in vaccines at such alarming levels, but it DOES still exist. My son was given vaccines containing this vile substance in amounts far exceeding FDA guidelines in 2000-2001.)

ohmy.gif

It would be interesting to read those in relation to my son's Aspergers. I'm wondering if it's related to Tourettes as well?

WTF is Thimerasol? I'll have to search that unsure.gif

Oh, GG!!! I really hope they can do something for him, and that you get some good news tomorrow. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers girl!!! Call me if you need, me. K? {{{{{{{{GG}}}}}}}} rose.gif heart.gif

Yes our thoughts and prayers are with u Sis,

Stay strong when u need to and dont forget to let it all out too when u need to,

no help to keep it in when u need to let it all get out, if u know what i mean.

but as far as i can tell ,ur one strong ass woman and im sure that lil one of urs takes after u wink.gif

and I see a bright future for him with or without his Autism wub.gif

keep us updated here and we'll be poppin in to read up on them for sure yes.gif

Lotsa love & prayers from both Me & Indy heart.gif rose.gif

oh my..i hope that doctor's visit goes well for you..i'm so sorry to hear this. please give him a hug for me..i'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

as scary as this must be for you both, he is extremely lucky to have a mom who cares for him like you do.

I hope all goes well tomorrow GG. He sure has a lot of great folks pulling for him. smile.gif

Good luck, and hope everything goes well.

My Hopes and Prayers are with you both, and your whole family.

heart.gif rose.gif

Guys, thanks so much for the heartfelt words. You all prove yourselves again to be wonderful friends, and I'm grateful. heart.gif

Now, a bit of explanation: the following quotes are from Dr. Jeff Bradstreet, a pediatrician and researcher based in Florida whom I've heard lecture on the subject. He says, "My hypothetical paradigm for autism looks like this: Autism begins with a wounding of the immune system [the susceptibility to such a wound is genetic - added by GG and agreed upon by scientists across disciplines], which may occur in the womb, but which unquestionably continues after birth (Thimerosal & environmental toxins), which directly affect the developing brain and immune system of the child... The accumulated heavy metals are neurotoxic and immunotoxic. They also disrupt a wide array of activity within the body's biochemistry, as is apparent in the inability to digest bread and milk proteins, or the ability to defend against heavy metals. The wound becomes self-perpetuating apart from intervention. These biological disruptions interfere with normal brain function in a variety of ways. These include: impairment of normal neurotransmitter balance, structural and functional damage to neurons and other critical cells in the brain..." Source

That's heavy reading, but the evidence is there.

The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) has known for decades that thimerosal (MERCURY) is dangerously toxic. This substance was removed from animal vaccines in the early 90s...and removed from our childrens' vaccines in 2001 (at least in horribly toxic amounts). There was, I'm afraid to say, an attempt to keep this kind of information quiet. It isn't working any longer. Parents are discovering the harm that our children were placed in, unneccessarily, and will continue to fight for safe vaccines. This is a response to the National Academy of Science that was submitted by Dr. Bradstreet, who works in tandem with scientists and doctors around the world to find the cause and the cure for autism. This paper explains things better than I ever could: Response to The National Academy of Science, Institute of Medicine Request for Original Research On Thimerosal Safety

Our hope is that the mercury that almost certainly resides in Stephen's brain can be chelated, or removed. Many children under the age of six have undergone chelation and a substantial number improve, sometimes dramatically. In most cases, there is marked improvement.

I'll post more links as I gather my thoughts. Thanks again for your support.

QUOTE (Oberon @ Jul 18 2005, 09:14 PM)
How old is your son?

He's almost 5 1/2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Stephen/Stephen.jpg

wub.gif

Imagine if you can loving a child so much...and not knowing what his favorite color is, or what he wants to do today, or what song he wants to sing. That's what it's like. He hugs me, he needs me...but I don't KNOW him. And more than anything, that's what I want. Just to know him.

Well I hope you guys the best of luck and hope for you guys you get him some help for you son.

Much luck to you guys youll be in my prayers.

Justin

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2005, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Oberon @ Jul 18 2005, 09:14 PM)
How old is your son?

He's almost 5 1/2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Stephen/Stephen.jpg

wub.gif

Imagine if you can loving a child so much...and not knowing what his favorite color is, or what he wants to do today, or what song he wants to sing. That's what it's like. He hugs me, he needs me...but I don't KNOW him. And more than anything, that's what I want. Just to know him.

Oh Belle,

Now I'm praying double time for your son and you....and your family!

rose.gif heart.gif wub.gif

I am also praying so hard for you and your boy GG smile.gif Please keep us posted, and also updated with your progress as far as your theory goes? I am in the medical field and hope to one day be a PA...so anything like this fascinates me and I hope that it works out for you guys smile.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Jul 18 2005, 09:54 PM)
I am also praying so hard for you and your boy GG smile.gif Please keep us posted, and also updated with your progress as far as your theory goes? I am in the medical field and hope to one day be a PA...so anything like this fascinates me and I hope that it works out for you guys smile.gif

Definitely, Trance. Thanks.

Thanks again, you guys. wub.gif

GG, words can't express it. I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to hear what the Dr says. cheer.gif Oh My God, how I pray something can be done. angel.gif Your courage amazes me. Big hugs for you and your family. heart.gif -RB

btw - my son, Timothy (who also has autism) turned 6 yesterday...as soon as i outsmart my camera tongue.gif , i'll post some pics. wub.gif