My 2 year old daughter just requested her first Rush song

LedRush

I've been planning on how to trick my kids into loving Rush for a long time.

I got the Rush lullaby CDs and played them while they slept and I "invent" silly songs about the kids using Rush/Zep tunes, and they love it.

I also made a playlist for my kids with songs that I know they love (Lion King soundtrack, Cars soundtrack, pop songs they've heard and danced to) and sprinkled in about 20 Rush and Zep songs that I thought that they might like.

One morning this week my daughter requested "the Rabbit song" by Rush and I was so happy!

Any guesses what the Rabbit song is?

• Like 1

The Garden?

No...what is the connection between that song and rabbits? Remember, the kid is 2 and I don't think she'd listen to all the lyrics and understand what they mean.

• Like 1

The Garden?

No...what is the connection between that song and rabbits? Remember, the kid is 2 and I don't think she'd listen to all the lyrics and understand what they mean.

Well, gee, Led Rush. Sorry. Rabbits hang out in gardens, so I thought....

• Like 1

My son who is almost 2 requests By-Tor constantly. His other favorites are Tom Sawyer and circumstances

The rabbit song .... Maybe Presto?

• Like 1

My son who is almost 2 requests By-Tor constantly. His other favorites are Tom Sawyer and circumstances

Yup. She sees the album cover on the phone/iPod and just associates the song with rabbits. After the song played that morning, a Led Zeppelin song came on and she said "no love, no love...I want rabbits". So we listened to Presto again.

• Like 4

Yup. She sees the album cover on the phone/iPod and just associates the song with rabbits. After the song played that morning, a Led Zeppelin song came on and she said "no love, no love...I want rabbits". So we listened to Presto again.

Thats how I knew it. Max grabs my phone and starts clicking, and grunting shaking his head until he sees Moving Pictures album cover or The Owl, then he gets excited, and keeps clicking till he finds his song

• Like 2

When my youngest was 3, she requested Roll the Bones EVERY TIME WE DROVE ANYWHERE IN MY GODDAM TRUCK!

And she knew it all.

Can't really relate because I am not a father, but I do remember that as a kid album covers did mean a lot to the enjoyment of a song. I remember in particular liking Billy Joel's Glass House album, because it showed him about to throw a rock at it, and then the album starts with shattering glass. I remember nothing else of the album, but I liked that connection growing up.

Used to rock my kids to sleep to Counterparts. When they could first speak they always asked for the song about the Sun and the Moon

Counterparts?

Do you hate your kids or do you want them to hate Rush?

• Like 1

Used to rock my kids to sleep to Counterparts. When they could first speak they always asked for the song about the Sun and the Moon

Counterparts?

Counterparts is what got me hooked on Rush.

Can't really relate because I am not a father, but I do remember that as a kid album covers did mean a lot to the enjoyment of a song. I remember in particular liking Billy Joel's Glass House album, because it showed him about to throw a rock at it, and then the album starts with shattering glass. I remember nothing else of the album, but I liked that connection growing up.

Covers were always important to me as a kid, too. I remember looking at Queen's "News of the World" for hours.

Counterparts?

To each his own, but that album remains by far the band's worst for me. It delayed my transformation from a casual fan to a hardcore one for about 2 years. I'll never forgive it.

Counterparts?

To each his own, but that album remains by far the band's worst for me. It delayed my transformation from a casual fan to a hardcore one for about 2 years. I'll never forgive it.

It's much better than the two that followed it.

Counterparts?

Next 2? Do you actually like Counterparts (Rush's worst albums by far) and Snakes & Arrows (Rush's second worst by far)? I guess it makes sense in a "style over substance" kind of way.

Counterparts?

Next 2? Do you actually like Counterparts (Rush's worst albums by far) and Snakes & Arrows (Rush's second worst by far)? I guess it makes sense in a "style over substance" kind of way.

Oh, I thought that I liked those albums. I must have been wrong. Thanks for setting that straight.

Counterparts?

Oh, I thought that I liked those albums. I must have been wrong. Thanks for setting that straight.

:LOL: just ignore him. He's got a vendetta against Counterparts. His member title should be Farts On Counterparts, because that's what he does anytime someone brings it up. I love that album. Even SOL lost its clunker status with me. It's all good. Love almost all of S&A as well. :haz: :cheers:

Counterparts?

No one says you can't like style over substance.

Counterparts?

:LOL: just ignore him. He's got a vendetta against Counterparts. His member title should be Farts On Counterparts, because that's what he does anytime someone brings it up. I love that album. Even SOL lost its clunker status with me. It's all good. Love almost all of S&A as well. :haz: :cheers:

He entered into a thread to attack an argument I've never made. You're advice is spot on.

don't let led make any CP lovers feel bad, the guy doesn't even like grace under pressure!

GuP is about ten times better than CP. GuP has 3 legitimately excellent songs and a couple other very good ones.. It's a little dark for my kids, though. It won't give them energy in the morning or provide comfort at night.