Things You Can't Say To Hardcore Rush Fans

ThatLightInYourEyes

2.) You really don't have to agree with Ayn Rand to be a fan. By the time the band released Power Windows during the Reagan Era, it was clear that Neil Peart lost that view himself. So don't think that Neil doesn't wish he had a time machine so he could go back and take that dedication off of the "2112" liner notes. He will never live that s**t down, so try to at least not make it worse.

Why do you even need to justify it or invent explanations where you pretend he's embarased about it. Wow, Neil liked someone's ficitonal novels that place importance on idvidiuality and isn't a communist! Shocking! I voted for Obama twice, but this is just mind numbing how far liberalism has been high jacked by nutcases form what it's actually suppoed to represent. The problem is with the people who think just becuase you don't want the government conotrolling you and telling you what to do means you are a Nazi skinhead is the problem. The fact there were people and critics who thought Rock and Roll had to be Marxist is what people should be mocked.

cant wait to see you in SOCN :)

I can.

• Like 1

2.) You really don't have to agree with Ayn Rand to be a fan. By the time the band released Power Windows during the Reagan Era, it was clear that Neil Peart lost that view himself. So don't think that Neil doesn't wish he had a time machine so he could go back and take that dedication off of the "2112" liner notes. He will never live that s**t down, so try to at least not make it worse.

Why do you even need to justify it or invent explanations where you pretend he's embarased about it. Wow, Neil liked someone's ficitonal novels that place importance on idvidiuality and isn't a communist! Shocking! I voted for Obama twice, but this is just mind numbing how far liberalism has been high jacked by nutcases form what it's actually suppoed to represent. The problem is with the people who think just becuase you don't want the government conotrolling you and telling you what to do means you are a Nazi skinhead is the problem. The fact there were people and critics who thought Rock and Roll had to be Marxist is what people should be mocked.

cant wait to see you in SOCN :)

I can.

haha well he's admitted to voting for obama but also criticized modern liberalism in the same post, something you'd never see from reb. should be fun when he joins

for future reference though, megalon, you're only supposed to discuss politics in SOCN

Rebel is that you?

Oh yeah I'm a huge Rush fan, love their early stuff, their work between 2112 and Moving Pictures is legendary, that album after it that has Subdivisions on it is alright - bit too synthy for my tastes - and all their stuff after that is total shit, I hate Rush.
  • Like 2

Rebel is that you?

lol did you only see "voted for obama" and your brain automatically blocked out the rest?

" The problem is with the people who think just becuase you don't want the government conotrolling you and telling you what to do means you are a Nazi skinhead is the problem."

althought it's grammatically similar to one of reb's posts, I don't believe he'd ever say that gov't can be a problem

but just to stay on topic.... RUSH!

Everything they did after Signals is complete shite.

This post also qualifies for the 'Things GeminiRising79 Has Said' thread.

This entire thread would come under that heading.

• Like 1

Rebel is that you?

lol did you only see "voted for obama" and your brain automatically blocked out the rest?

" The problem is with the people who think just becuase you don't want the government conotrolling you and telling you what to do means you are a Nazi skinhead is the problem."

althought it's grammatically similar to one of reb's posts, I don't believe he'd ever say that gov't can be a problem

but just to stay on topic.... RUSH!

Oh duh, I missed THAT point.

Counterparts is my favorite Rush album.

I like Superconductor.

I like Spindrift.

I love half the songs on Test For Echo.

A Farewell To Kings really isn't that great. The title track, Xanadu, and Cygnus are good. Closer To The Heart gets old really fast and I can't be bothered to listen to it anymore unless it's the Rio version, because that version kicks ass.

First album and Caress of Steel both blow.

I almost miss the raccoon hair.

Counterparts is my favorite Rush album.

I like Superconductor.

I like Spindrift.

I love half the songs on Test For Echo.

A Farewell To Kings really isn't that great. The title track, Xanadu, and Cygnus are good. Closer To The Heart gets old really fast and I can't be bothered to listen to it anymore unless it's the Rio version, because that version kicks ass.

First album and Caress of Steel both blow.

I almost miss the raccoon hair.

Yay someone actually doesn't like Caress of Steel, thought I was alone.

Here's my approach to the question, done like Letterman's Top Ten List.

The Top Ten Things You Can't Say to a Hardcore Rush Fan (because they wouldn't understand it,it doesn't apply, or it's just not true):

10. Concert T's are not work appropriate attire.

9. The Canadian band that really rocks is Loverboy! Working for the weekend in red leather pants! Yeah!!

8. This song has too many notes.

7. Let's have lunch at Potbellies so we can check out the daily indie-folk acoustic singer-guitarist.

6. Is that a Christian Dior polo you're wearing?

5. Musicianship is overrated.

4. Rush wishes they could write songs like Triumph.

3. Oh, they wrote "Xanadu"? I love that song, especially the Olivia Newton John cover!

2. No one understands music better than the editors of Rolling Stone, or professional rock critics in general.

And the number one thing you can't say to a hardcore Rush fan...

1. Dude, your girlfriend is HOT! ;)

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Seems like there's some paranoia here with the user base. Why am I being accused of being someone named Rebel?

lol don't worry about it

:laughing guy:

Seems like there's some paranoia here with the user base. Why am I being accused of being someone named Rebel?

lol don't worry about it

Only 97 more posts to go...

Here's my approach to the question, done like Letterman's Top Ten List.

The Top Ten Things You Can't Say to a Hardcore Rush Fan (because they wouldn't understand it,it doesn't apply, or it's just not true):

10. Concert T's are not work appropriate attire.

9. The Canadian band that really rocks is Loverboy! Working for the weekend in red leather pants! Yeah!!

8. This song has too many notes.

7. Let's have lunch at Potbellies so we can check out the daily indie-folk acoustic singer-guitarist.

6. Is that a Christian Dior polo you're wearing?

5. Musicianship is overrated.

4. Rush wishes they could write songs like Triumph.

3. Oh, they wrote "Xanadu"? I love that song, especially the Olivia Newton John cover!

2. No one understands music better than the editors of Rolling Stone, or professional rock critics in general.

And the number one thing you can't say to a hardcore Rush fan...

1. Dude, your girlfriend is HOT! ;)

Number 4.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you win the thread

"I like that song…. Why, why, Zee…"

Y Y Zed!!!!

AMEN!! Some things are still sacred :D

Another thing you shouldn't say:

"Ooh! I love that girl who sings that one song! How's it go again...'Closer to the h--"

*POW*

• Like 1