Things You Can't Say To Hardcore Rush Fans

ThatLightInYourEyes

Sometimes it's hard to admit certain truths to yourself and some of your fellow fans in the Rushverse, but I'm going to try listing a few things anyway. If I missed any hard facts, please do not hesitate in providing your own. Also, if you don't like this post, please do not kill me. You know, because you can go to jail for that.

1.) Rush consists of three guys. That's one for each 1/3 of the millions of Rush fans everywhere. So if they can't talk to you, it's probably not personal.

2.) You really don't have to agree with Ayn Rand to be a fan. By the time the band released Power Windows during the Reagan Era, it was clear that Neil Peart lost that view himself. So don't think that Neil doesn't wish he had a time machine so he could go back and take that dedication off of the "2112" liner notes. He will never live that s**t down, so try to at least not make it worse.

3.) Alex will not stop being Alex, but even he has his limits. Please do not get yourself thrown in jail with your local gang of hardcore freaks as your inmates in order to learn this incredibly important fact.

4.) Yes, Geddy is Jewish. No, it's not a conspiracy. If anything, Geddy came from a long line of people who had to think fast just to not get killed. S**t like that will teach you a lot about life and how to be resourceful, no matter who you are.

5.) If you keep rocking the stage and the whole thing collapses, it really will be a big bummer. Seriously, cut that out before people die.

The first album really isn't that good

Aaaaand I'm outta here! :outtahere:

:rage: :codger: :madra:

Edit: Geddy is ugly is something you might not want to say.... ;)

Edited by Narpzilla
  • Like 5

Hemispheres title track is really boring compared to the rest of the bands epics...

2112 has a flawless second side...

I think Power Windows has grown on me so much I might just prefer it to all the bands seventies releases, bar AFTK...

Test For Echo is excellent...

Toto released music almost as great as Rush jn the eighties, better than Rush in the nineties...

So who wants to slap me silly first?

• Like 4

Hemispheres title track is really boring compared to the rest of the bands epics...

I think Power Windows has grown on me so much I might just prefer it to all the bands seventies releases, bar AFTK...

Toto released music as great as Rush jn the late eighties, better than Rush in the nineties...

Fixed...... :)
  • Like 1

Their last well produced album was produced by Terry Brown...... :unsure:

Wow, that's a lot, Narp. You sure you don't need a break from Rush before coming back? Considering the heart thing, it might be a good health move to lay off the musical stimulants for a while.

Their last well produced album was produced by Terry Brown...... :unsure:

Ahem...Power Windows...cough...Grace Under Pressure...cough...Vapor...ok I know when I have pushed things to far.

• Like 2

I think Fly By Night has a ridiculously bad front cover.

I Think I'm Going Bald is a classic.

Roll The Bones is a great pop record.

Vapor Trails Remixed was the equivalent of a polished turd.

I think Rush write better sci-fi than George Lucas. I am including CA. I hate Star Wars.

• Like 2

I think Fly By Night has a ridiculously bad front cover.

I Think I'm Going Bald is a classic.

Roll The Bones is a great pop record.

Vapor Trails Remixed was the equivalent of a polished turd.

I think Rush write better sci-fi than George Lucas. I am including CA. I hate Star Wars.

Go Segue go..... :cheerleader:

Toto released almost as much music as Rush jn the late eighties, and may have still been around in the nineties...

Fixed better.

• Like 2

Test For Echo is excellent and better than anything Bruce Springsteen ever recorded

Toto released almost as much music as Rush jn the late eighties, and may have still been around in the nineties...

Fixed better.

Fixed again for Segue :D
  • Like 1

Geddy can't sing as good at the end of the tour as he can at the beginning anymore...... :scared:

Fixed it :P

• Like 3

Alex was guilty.

:no: from the information given, and approaching the subject as a cop, I say no.

• Like 1

I feel bad. I've said a lot of these things myself. :LOL:

How about, Geddy sounds like a woman when he sang on the older records.

All of the albums suck after Moving Pictures.

Alex is fat, Neil is getting fat, Geddy has a big nose.

DW drums suck.

Geddy hasn't sounded as good since he started playing his jazz bass compared to the Rickenbacker.

Hemispheres is the worst album they ever did and is full of pretentious wankery.

• Like 1

Test For Echo's (The Album) not so serious lyrics are a breath of fresh air.

I could say a lot more, but this is enough to get me outcast from the forum for a bit.

• Like 1