Social Media and you...

Lost In Xanadu

If you could go back in time 50 years and have a conversation about our lives right now.

Yeah, in the future we have these devices we keep in our pocket with which we can contact anyone in the world and access every piece of information known to man. I use mine to look at silly pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

http://i.imgur.com/pLVI8D1.jpg

If you could go back in time 50 years and have a conversation about our lives right now.

Yeah, in the future we have these devices we keep in our pocket with which we can contact anyone in the world and access every piece of information known to man. I use mine to look at silly pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Funny... we were watching an old Adam West Batman episode with the kids and the words "In Color" came up prominently and the kids laughed. I said HDTV will be like that soon... eventually everything will be "HDTV" and hey will just stop putting that text up on the screen. Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

Technology is great,

But at the same time. Just observing so may people texting and on their phones all the time is sad too me. It's like watching robots out of touch with reality. JMO. ;)

• Like 3

Technology is great,

But at the same time. Just observing so may people texting and on their phones all the time is sad too me. It's like watching robots out of touch with reality. JMO. ;)

Yeah, when my wife and I go out to breakfast or dinner, we look around at all the couples completely removed from that dinner, that interaction with each other. It's amazingly sad.
  • Like 2

Technology is great,

Yeah, when my wife and I go out to breakfast or dinner, we look around at all the couples completely removed from that dinner, that interaction with each other. It's amazingly sad.

It is,

Maybe I am old fashion in a lot of ways. But it just blows my mind. They are so oblivious to what is around them. They seem to not even care about the real world.

• Like 4

I use mine to look at silly pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

As long as you win the arguments, it's all good..... :P :D

• Like 1

I use mine to look at silly pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

As long as you win the arguments, it's all good..... :P :D

As long as they're not arguing about Chris Squire I seem to hold my own. :)

• Like 2

I made the mistake of logging into Facebook today. Big mistake.

Never again. I've learned my lesson.

I had a fight with someone over a guy.

A boy named Daniel.

Isn't it ALWAYS about a guy? LOL

Edited by Boots

I made the mistake of logging into Facebook today. Big mistake.

Never again. I've learned my lesson.

I had a fight with someone over a guy.

A boy named Daniel.

Isn't it ALWAYS about a guy? LOL

You really have to pick and choose your friends on Facebook. I hear people that complain about things their "friends" post. But if I've ever gotten someone like that they don't stay my friends for long. There's a lot of immaturity out there.

• Like 2

It's a new day. I'm over it now. I'm also done with Facebook completely.

Daniel is a beautiful, talented artist. He was worth fighting over. LOL

• Like 1

No Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram, no Linked In no nothing for me.....and I feel great!

This ^^^^^^^ except I have a facebook account but don't know how to do anything but look at it. This forum and my gmail are enough for me...... :)

I don't have Instagram, LinkedIn, Bebo, Yahoo or anything like that.

I don't mind Facebook when I'm actually on Facebook, but I hate the way it follows you around, like some kind of alien lifeform spreading all over the internet.

For instance, when I buy something on Amazon, the last option is to tick a box so it will tell people on Facebook what I just bought :huh:

There's even a Facebook "Like" button at the bottom of this page

I didn't know you were on FB.

I've been working A LOT lately and was just catching up with the news about the Santa Monica, California shooting and reading some comments from the witnesses. It all sounded so "facebook-ish". I wonder how many of the victims had their noses buried in their phones when the lead started flying. No judgements, it's just the time we live in, but man, when some lunatic starts shooting I don't plan to reach for my phone.

I have no interest in joining Twitter, but I've been on Facebook for years, and I see its usefulness.

I agree completely. I keep in touch with friends and family via FB that I otherwise wouldn't.

My favorite quote about social media came from the great Charles Barkley. "I'm not trying to catch up with people from my past. I'm running from them." :LOL:

None for me.

:LOL:

Social media is for people with far too much time on their hands. Attention wh**es who need to brag in public.

As for me, I have a job to do & a midterm to study for. Nuff said.

Social media is for people with far too much time on their hands. Attention wh**es who need to brag in public.

As for me, I have a job to do & a midterm to study for. Nuff said.

Kind of a broad stroke, don't ya think?

• Like 3

I've virtually abandoned social media besides occasionally checking Facebook for this forum XD

Joined Facebook for about 2 days then deactivated account. Got weirded out by how many people I went to high school with that were wanting to be added as friends. Haven't gone back. I am on twitter but barely go there. I prefer the message board format the best. We all have a similar interest and there is no forced level of "being friends." If you want to be on the fringe here that's ok while some people have met their husbands and wives on here.

I mainly use it to keep up with people who live really far away from me, and I follow music groups that I like because they often post their tour dates on Facebook as soon as they come out. I also use it to send links to my close friends; not everyone I know has a smartphone, so SMS doesn't always work for sharing that kind of stuff, and everyone in my generation hates email. And very occasionally, if I have an important announcement to make (like if I'm having a recital or I'm moving), I will post about it.

Wife and I use FB regularly and enjoy it quite a bit. I use it a good bit to communicate with people in different groups I belong to and find it quite useful.