Judas Priest Live in Japan 1978 with Rob Halford in his satin Barry Manilow outfit!

treeduck

Hey Run of the Mill is awesome. Also, if I was making a dream Priest setlist, I would definitely have Heroes End in there. :haz:

it is awesome! I love that song! Otherwise i wouldn't be trying to squeeze it in my dream Priest setlist! :blaze:

Just got Screaming for Vengeance, 30th Anniversary Edition, with bonus live DVD from 1983.

Giving the CD a spin now :haz: I'll watch the DVD tonight

• Like 2

Just got Screaming for Vengeance, 30th Anniversary Edition, with bonus live DVD from 1983.

Nice one bud, be lining that one up soon, along with a couple of other Priest goodies!

• Like 1

Excellent! I've only just got this edition myself. I'd been happy with my other versions of SFV but I finally cracked last week! :LOL: :haz: :smoke:

• Like 1

The new Priest album isn't out yet but I was bored last night so I came up with my own idea for the new Priest album, song titles etc! I almost fooled Steevo into thinking it was the real one! :LOL: :smoke:

I did slight modification since last night too...

Album title:

Judas Priest - Architects of Extinction

1 Architects of Extinction 5:46

2 Twilight Horizon 4:53

3 Eucharist 3:39

4 Venerators of Astaroth 7:33

5 Exclusion Principle 4:02

6 Freeway Frenzy 3:47

7 Deadly Acolyte 4:35

8 The Wretched 2:55

9 Merciless Carnage 5:32

10 Annihilation Dream 4;45

11 Medusa's Kiss 5:56

12 Menace 3:21

13 The Chancel of the Ravaged 6:04

14 Light Bearer's Supper 3:50

15 Burial: From the Abyss 4:41

16 Slaves of Angkor 8:24

Total Time: 79:53

:haz:

:givebeer:

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

The new Priest album isn't out yet but I was bored last night so I came up with my own idea for the new Priest album, song titles etc! I almost fooled Steevo into thinking it was the real one! :LOL: :smoke:

Album title:

NEVER! :cool: But I liked your creativity! :o New Priest deserves a chat room first listen experience, but it will be impossible I know :( :haz:

Album title:

NEVER! :cool: But I liked your creativity! :o New Priest deserves a chat room first listen experience, but it will be impossible I know :( :haz:

It's not impossible, it could be done. :AlienSmiley:

Album title:

It's not impossible, it could be done. :AlienSmiley:

But it always seems it, time diffs etc, we'll see :cosmo:

I almost started my own thread, but I thought why be a self-important asshole and stray from this great thread. I have been a metal fan for 31 years and JUST FULLY DISCOVERED/REDISCOVERD JUDAS PRIEST LAST MONTH. I know, WTF? Surfing on Amazon, I found their 2011 Complete Albums Collection brand new for $65! I jumped all over that shit, since I was always considering filling out my Priest CD collection. Before, all I had was Metal Works 73-93, Stained Glass and Angel Of Retribution. As a teen I had SFV, SG, and Turbo on cassette. I never worshipped Priest like I did Maiden or Sabbath, but always held them in high regard and considered them one of the greatest, most influential regardless. Now it is totally obvious to me they are easily in the Top Three with the aforementioned (Metallica being a somewhat distant fourth).

Halford is arguably the greatest metal/hard rock singer of all time. His control, variations, range, and vocal charisma is jaw dropping. Part of me is saddened I didn't truly discover them earlier, but its even better I now have this huge catalog to drool over when, quite honestly, no music today stands up to the classic stuff. My top 3 albums from what I can tell so far is Defenders, Hellbent, and British Steel, followed by Screaming, Stained and Painkiller. Turbo is surprisingly killer—it came out just as I was discovering thrash metal, so I wasn't too hip on it upon its release, but now I love it. I totally spurned Ram It Down when it released, maybe rightfully so, but it has some good stuff on it too. I was so turned off by RID I didn't even give Painkiller a chance back in '90. I was like, 'good for them, but Slayer, Metallica, etc., is where it's at'.

FORGIVE ME METAL GODS, NOW I SEE THE LIGHT!!! JUDAS PRIEST f***ing RULES!!! I HAVE MUSIC TO BE TOTALLY STOKED ABOUT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS!!!

• Like 2

I almost started my own thread, but I thought why be a self-important asshole and stray from this great thread. I have been a metal fan for 31 years and JUST FULLY DISCOVERED/REDISCOVERD JUDAS PRIEST LAST MONTH. I know, WTF? Surfing on Amazon, I found their 2011 Complete Albums Collection brand new for $65! I jumped all over that shit, since I was always considering filling out my Priest CD collection. Before, all I had was Metal Works 73-93, Stained Glass and Angel Of Retribution. As a teen I had SFV, SG, and Turbo on cassette. I never worshipped Priest like I did Maiden or Sabbath, but always held them in high regard and considered them one of the greatest, most influential regardless. Now it is totally obvious to me they are easily in the Top Three with the aforementioned (Metallica being a somewhat distant fourth).

Halford is arguably the greatest metal/hard rock singer of all time. His control, variations, range, and vocal charisma is jaw dropping. Part of me is saddened I didn't truly discover them earlier, but its even better I now have this huge catalog to drool over when, quite honestly, no music today stands up to the classic stuff. My top 3 albums from what I can tell so far is Defenders, Hellbent, and British Steel, followed by Screaming, Stained and Painkiller. Turbo is surprisingly killer—it came out just as I was discovering thrash metal, so I wasn't too hip on it upon its release, but now I love it. I totally spurned Ram It Down when it released, maybe rightfully so, but it has some good stuff on it too. I was so turned off by RID I didn't even give Painkiller a chance back in '90. I was like, 'good for them, but Slayer, Metallica, etc., is where it's at'.

FORGIVE ME METAL GODS, NOW I SEE THE LIGHT!!! JUDAS PRIEST f***ing RULES!!! I HAVE MUSIC TO BE TOTALLY STOKED ABOUT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS!!!

:goodone: :givebeer: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :blaze: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :givebeer: :goodone:

Don't forget the new album!!

And get the Epitaph and Rising in the East DVDs! Also grab the 30th anniversary SFV and British Steel with the live DVDs. I even recently snatched up The Chosen Few and Single Cuts (single disc) compilation collections just to get some "new (old)" Priest to ramp me up for the new album! :NP: :blaze: :guitar:

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Oh, I'll get their new album when it releases to be sure and pick up Epitaph and Rising. I dunno about the 30th Anniversary remasters w/thd DVDs since this box set has remastered CDs—I think Rock a Rolla and Sad Wings in this collection maybe the fist time they've released remasters for these albums (and Sad Wings' track listing is finally in the orginal order on this version too). I wish I could have seen them on the Epitaph Tour, but they skipped KC—at least I saw them once on Ozzfest 9 or 10 years ago; they were incredible.
  • Like 1

Oh, I'll get their new album when it releases to be sure and pick up Epitaph and Rising. I dunno about the 30th Anniversary remasters w/thd DVDs since this box set has remastered CDs—I think Rock a Rolla and Sad Wings in this collection maybe the fist time they've released remasters for these albums (and Sad Wings' track listing is finally in the orginal order on this version too). I wish I could have seen them on the Epitaph Tour, but they skipped KC—at least I saw them once on Ozzfest 9 or 10 years ago; they were incredible.

And you know what I've done? The Rising in the East and Epitaph DVDs are so good I think they're on the same level as Unleashed in the East, maybe even better. But why is there no live double ALBUM version? Well guess what I made my own!! I just captured the audio and made it into an MP3 and then burned it on two dics! Viola I now have my Epitaph and Rising in the East double live albums on colour coded discs! :haz:

You do need the 30th Anniversary Editions they have extra tracks and a live DVD. And yes I've made them into Live albums too! On colour coded discs too! Yellow for the Screaming for Vengenace US Festival 1983 and silver for the British Steel Live Tour 2009! Epitaph is Pink and Purple and Rising in the East is Blue and green. Am I taking this thing too seriously or what?? :joker: :clap: :blaze: :NP: :guitar: :yay: :banana:

• Like 1

I seem to be using this thread to update on how my collection is going...so here's another

OK, so they had a copy of Turbo in my local shop. Now, before you say anything, yes, I was well aware that Turbo doesn't have the reputation of being among the best Priest albums, but what the hell, I'm going to collect 'em all...so I got it.

Well, I've just finished listening to it, and I didn't think it was all that bad. In fact I rather enjoyed it. Yeah, it's not as good as the previous ones, it's not as heavy, it's got more of a dated 80's sound etc, but I still thought it was pretty good, and don't regret adding it to my collection.

• Like 2

I seem to be using this thread to update on how my collection is going...so here's another

OK, so they had a copy of Turbo in my local shop. Now, before you say anything, yes, I was well aware that Turbo doesn't have the reputation of being among the best Priest albums, but what the hell, I'm going to collect 'em all...so I got it.

Well, I've just finished listening to it, and I didn't think it was all that bad. In fact I rather enjoyed it. Yeah, it's not as good as the previous ones, it's not as heavy, it's got more of a dated 80's sound etc, but I still thought it was pretty good, and don't regret adding it to my collection.

I think Turbo is kick ass. It was totally of its time—1986. It has a lot of anthemic tunes and a lot of energy. Sure, its not as heavy as Defenders, but its waaayyy better than Ram It Down. Its too bad they didn't put out Painkiller after Turbo and leave their classic album run untarnished.
  • Like 2

although everything from 74-84 kicks ass except point of entry I was never fond of

Point of entry suffers from poor production and an apparent lack of energy. However, check out desert plains and heading out to the highway live versions and I think you'll find them to be great songs. Two of my faves from priest

I think it's underrated, Solar Angels, Turning Circles and On the Run are all good songs too. And if you watch the Rising in the East DVD even Hot Rocking sounds good live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xj8NePqdY

Point Of Entry is way underrated. HIghway, Hot Rockin' Desert Plains, Solar Angels etc...

and I think the production is fine.

Agreed it's good, all Halford era Priest albums are at least solid. There's always albums by every band that it becomes trendy to shit on and Turbo is that album for Priest.

• Like 1

although everything from 74-84 kicks ass except point of entry I was never fond of

Point of entry suffers from poor production and an apparent lack of energy. However, check out desert plains and heading out to the highway live versions and I think you'll find them to be great songs. Two of my faves from priest

I think it's underrated, Solar Angels, Turning Circles and On the Run are all good songs too. And if you watch the Rising in the East DVD even Hot Rocking sounds good live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3xj8NePqdY

Point Of Entry is way underrated. HIghway, Hot Rockin' Desert Plains, Solar Angels etc...

and I think the production is fine.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

:blaze: :guitar:

A bit of a coincidence, since I saw that treeduck listened to it yesterday, but I just got Defenders of the Faith, and I'm about to give it it's first spin.
  • Like 1

A bit of a coincidence, since I saw that treeduck listened to it yesterday, but I just got Defenders of the Faith, and I'm about to give it it's first spin.

Just finished. Another winner! :haz:

• Like 1

I know it's fuckking excellent! Every song is superb! And Halford's voice is otherworldly! :haz: :blaze:

• Like 1

I know it's fuckking excellent! Every song is superb! And Halford's voice is otherworldly! :haz: :blaze:

Damn right! :haz:

I already knew Jawbreaker, because it's included as a bonus live track on Sin After Sin, and I recognised Some Heads Are Gonna Roll. But yeah, every song is fantastic :haz:

I still need British Steel, but I'm waiting on a good price on the 30th Anniversary edition, since that's got another bonus DVD

Edited by Your_Lion

Damn right! :haz:

I already knew Jawbreaker, because it's included as a bonus live track on Sin After Sin, and I recognised Some Heads Are Gonna Roll. But yeah, every song is fantastic :haz:

I still need British Steel, but I'm waiting on a good price on the 30th Anniversary edition, since that's got another bonus DVD

If I were you I'd get both, the 30th Anniversary is essential, but they only have photos in the booklet from the 2009 concert and none of the original album pictures. And no credit for drummer Dave Holland which isn't really proper, even though he is a convicted criminal now.

This was the first Priest album I bought back when it came out in 1980 and it's superb, every track is a classic, it's almost like a best-of compilation.

I bought my copy of the 30th Anniversary edition pretty recently from play.com for just over £8. It's the "standard" edition containing the album and the DVD, but no CD version of the concert and no flashy box and steel mill artwork. I lifted the audio from the DVD to make my own CD though, but it was more difficult than the other three I'd done because the music had to be lifted by file rather than by chapter for some reason, which meant I couldn't control when the first disc ended (at 68 minutes in this case in the middle of Freewheel Burning) because the DVD files were stored in 16 and 17 minute chunks. They all flow together perfectly though for the 68 minutes and for the other 20 minutes on disc 2. If I could have done it by chapter I'd have split it into 2 lots of about 44 minutes.