Judas Priest Live in Japan 1978 with Rob Halford in his satin Barry Manilow outfit!

treeduck

^^^^^^^

I couldn't do one of these.....way too many good songs to choose from! I'd also choose some obscure stuff that they would never play live.

I LOVE Priest!!!

Originally I had the two epic songs from Rocka Rolla, Dying to Meet You and Run of the Mill in the set, but I decided to drop them, I wasn't sure how they'd sound in an updated form.

I remember that. I love Dying To Meet You. It's a brilliant tune.

"Synchronised watches flash in the sunlight...."

Aye!! :haz:

Actually they may do something like this, I heard that they are planning something this year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the release of Rocka Rolla. So either they've bought out Gull records and will do 40th anniversary editions of Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings, or a special live album or do some Rocka Rolla tunes live. Or maybe something else altogether.

• Like 1

^^^^^^^

I couldn't do one of these.....way too many good songs to choose from! I'd also choose some obscure stuff that they would never play live.

I LOVE Priest!!!

Originally I had the two epic songs from Rocka Rolla, Dying to Meet You and Run of the Mill in the set, but I decided to drop them, I wasn't sure how they'd sound in an updated form.

Actually they may do something like this, I heard that they are planning something this year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the release of Rocka Rolla. So either they've bought out Gull records and will do 40th anniversary editions of Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings, or a special live album or do some Rocka Rolla tunes live. Or maybe something else altogether.

That would be most welcome news. I have avoided buying Rocka Rolla just to prevent those bastards at Gull from getting a single penny from me.

^^^^^^^

I LOVE Priest!!!

That would be most welcome news. I have avoided buying Rocka Rolla just to prevent those bastards at Gull from getting a single penny from me.

What about Sad Wings of Destiny?

^^^^^^^

I LOVE Priest!!!

I always thought it was just the first album. Damn.

Well, the greatness of SWoD would have caused me to "suspend" my principles so i could own the album, regardless.

^^^^^^^

I LOVE Priest!!!

I always thought it was just the first album. Damn.

Well, the greatness of SWoD would have caused me to "suspend" my principles so i could own the album, regardless.

The first album is worth having actually, are you familiar with it?

Here's a track from it:

• Like 2

^ Great stuff :haz:

Yeah Priest were really good right from the beginning!

I think they could actually play those songs live to celebrate the 40th anniversary of that album. Imagine them now with a ballsier sound with all the modern amp power and guitar effects?

I know Run of the Mill. Love it.

I may have "suspended" my beliefs once earlier to get 3 tracks off of Rocka Rolla (but I used a Ukrainian music seller. It made me feel better!)

Thank you for posting Dying to Meet You. Excellent track.

FYI: I have Run of the Mill, the title track and Cheater. Great, great and great.

I know Run of the Mill. Love it.

I may have "suspended" my beliefs once earlier to get 3 tracks off of Rocka Rolla (but I used a Ukrainian music seller. It made me feel better!)

Thank you for posting Dying to Meet You. Excellent track.

FYI: I have Run of the Mill, the title track and Cheater. Great, great and great.

Have you heard "Never Satisfied"? They did that one on the Epitaph tour.

It's a good album is Rocka Rolla. It gets overshadowed by what came after unfortunately. It deserves a bit more recognition than it gets imo.

Yeah, there's not really any bad tracks.

I think it also gets forgotten because there was a relatively big gap between it and Sad Wings, for that era anyway, in the days when an album a year was the norm and a lot of the time every 6 months.

I still need British Steel...

Yes you do!

Classic Priest and without a doubt a masterpiece of NWOBHM.

Well, here's an update...

The postman has just been, and a copy of British Steel has just dropped through my letterbox...so, without further ado, I think it's time for a bit of METAL :haz: (Steel, to be precise, from Britain)

• Like 3

Yes you do!

The postman has just been, and a copy of British Steel has just dropped through my letterbox...so, without further ado, I think it's time for a bit of METAL :haz: (Steel, to be precise, from Britain)

:haz: F*<&ing Fantastic!!! :haz:

• Like 1

Yes you do!

:haz: F*<&ing Fantastic!!! :haz:

Now you're an official STEELER. :haz:

• Like 3

Ordered Point of Entry and Painkiller...hopefully, I should have them on Saturday

Ordered Point of Entry and Painkiller...hopefully, I should have them on Saturday

Nice! You'll love those two.

Which ones do you still need?

I still need Rocka Rolla (although I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 40th anniversary edition), Ram it Down, Angel of Retribution, Nostradamus, Priest...Live! (plus any other more recent live albums that I don't know about)

damn! that's fewer than I thought

oh, and the two without Halford...but I don't know about those

Nice! You'll love those two.

Which ones do you still need?

I still need Rocka Rolla (although I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 40th anniversary edition), Ram it Down, Angel of Retribution, Nostradamus, Priest...Live! (plus any other more recent live albums that I don't know about)

damn! that's fewer than I thought

oh, and the two without Halford...but I don't know about those

You might want A Touch of Evil Live, but also grab the Epitaph and Rising in the East DVDs for live stuff.

Yeah you have to get Rocka Rolla you'll love that one. In fact you'll love all these albums, Priest always deliver! :haz:

I do hope Priest do something special for Rocka Rolla, not just a remaster, but a 2 disc legacy edition of some sort.

An all-new Rocka Rolla LIVE in the studio with updated versions of RUN OF THE MILL, DYING TO MEET YOU, ONE FOR THE ROAD, CHEATER and the WINTER suite!

:blaze: :haz: :haz: :haz: :blaze:

• Like 1

^^^^

Now you're talking! :guitar:

I love that album and if they did that it wouldn't be taking anything away from it, it still holds up excellently. But imagine those songs with modern amps and guitar electronics?? It would explode like never before! :blaze: And Halford did a lot of mid range vocals and low crooning on that album which he'd easily be able to pull off today! :blah: :guitar: :NP:

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1