Judas Priest Live in Japan 1978 with Rob Halford in his satin Barry Manilow outfit!

treeduck

It could almost be a David Bowie copy up on stage, circa '73. Hard to imagine that in a space of a few months Killing Machine would be released and the image would be so, so different.

Nice to see Les Binks on drums, proving he's no feathertouch as once described in Sounds.

It could almost be a David Bowie copy up on stage, circa '73. Hard to imagine that in a space of a few months Killing Machine would be released and the image would be so, so different.

Nice to see Les Binks on drums, proving he's no feathertouch as once described in Sounds.

Binks is the best Judas Priest drummer even better than Simon Phillips (the 1977 version anyway)!

• Like 2

Binks is the best Judas Priest drummer even better than Simon Phillips (the 1977 version anyway)!

binks ruled, certainly better than the kiddy diddler

• Like 1

binks ruled, certainly better than the kiddy diddler

I don't know why they ever got rid of Binks for that guy, he was a 1,2, 3, 4, plodder and his drum sound was cardboard box city!

• Like 3

Priest is one of THE best metal bands of all time.

Aye!!!

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Priest fing rule! :blaze:

Even the albums that get slagged off regularly, like Turbo and Ram it Down are good solid albums! :haz:

I'm not so keen on the Ripper Owens era ones, Jugulator and Demolition though...they don't sound like Priest to my ears... :smoke:

Aye!!!

Even the albums that get slagged off regularly, like Turbo and Ram it Down are good solid albums! :haz:

I'm not so keen on the Ripper Owens era ones, Jugulator and Demolition though...they don't sound like Priest to my ears... :smoke:

Everything from Rocka Rolla right up to Defenders Of The Faith was excellent. What a run of albums. After that it got a bit patchy for me.

Killing Machine was the pinnacle of their metal greatness in my eyes. One of the finest albums by any band ever.

• Like 1

Aye!!!

Everything from Rocka Rolla right up to Defenders Of The Faith was excellent. What a run of albums. After that it got a bit patchy for me.

Killing Machine was the pinnacle of their metal greatness in my eyes. One of the finest albums by any band ever.

Aye!!

:blaze: :fury: :blaze: :fury: :blaze: :fury: :blaze: :fury: :blaze: :fury: :blaze: :fury: :blaze:

Just watched the whole thing. F^&ing Amazing!!! :guitar: :haz: :guitar: Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 2

Stained Class is one of the best albums ever. Exciter just f'ing rips your head off straight out the gate. Just the most intense album opening track ever. This is golden footage right here, too. Halford's voice sounds amazing. It's just too bad the video suffers from the classic cameraman not focusing on the guy playing the guitar solo syndrome. Glenn Tipton's solo on Beyond the Realms of Death is definitely in my top 3 solos, up there with La Villa Strangiato and Gary Moore's solo on Thin Lizzy's Still in Love with you.
  • Like 1

Rob Halford is actually a big RUSH fan too:

Rush was recently inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame –

"Yes! Yes, I'm so happy for them. I'm a huge fan and have been following those guys from day one."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/judas-priests-rob-halford-talks-epitaph-dvd-new-album-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-575101

• Like 2

Aye!!!

I think painkiller was pretty great. better than the two before and anything after, imo

Aye!!!

I think painkiller was pretty great. better than the two before and anything after, imo

I like it too, it's very, very good, even if it is a bit reactionary and a conscious effort to be heavier.

Hmmmm back when he had hair and I had a fro then. Smiley face, just kidding. Say where are those smiley faces.