What is your current favourite song?

x1yyz

We all have our all-time favourite bands, albums, and songs. But sometimes there is a song that you like so much, right now, that you can't get enough of it. (Personally, I love that feeling when I just want to listen to something more more MORE!)

My current favourite song is Nevermore's Sentient 6. My favourite part is from about 4:59 to the end of the song :haz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2e832DJkzQ

• Like 1

Cult Of Personality is a pretty cool, kinda new sound I can't get out of my head right now.... :sarcastic: Edited by Narpzilla
  • Like 1

Right Now, I have two that I have been alternating, Peacebone by Animal Collective and Hey Mr Dj I Thought You Said We Had A Deal by They Might Be Giants

• Like 1

.....very New Order - Temptation '87

Good one! (though I prefer the original, which along with "Procession" and "Everything's Gone Green" remain among my favorite songs)

Holding top spot for a few months now. Especially love the play out starting at 2:43. Cranked up in the car it's fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfdkLenbSdI

I always wondered why Wire's grasp of melody never translated to more appreciation? Anyway, when they released the Read & Burn EPs they kicked the asses of musicians half their age. I love Wire!

• Like 1

Man this is right in my wheelhouse. A 4AD band (my favorite label going back to the '80s) whose label website says that they are "Wire-inspired" (referring to Microcastle). That alone would sell me, but this song is really great on top of it all. I've discovered many bands by reading that they were "Wire-inspired", like Swell Maps, Sonic Youth, Big Black, Pixies, etc. Add one more to the list. Great stuff.

• Like 1

Man this is right in my wheelhouse. A 4AD band (my favorite label going back to the '80s) whose label website says that they are "Wire-inspired" (referring to Microcastle). That alone would sell me, but this song is really great on top of it all. I've discovered many bands by reading that they were "Wire-inspired", like Swell Maps, Sonic Youth, Big Black, Pixies, etc. Add one more to the list. Great stuff.

Deerhunter is a truly great band. Incredibly consistent. A young band that I think will stand the test of time.