Battlestar Galactica

Hypatia

Yup! yes.gif

Wow that was a great begining!

I was a little unsure of this show coming out of the gates changing the Starbuck to a female and all. But After watching the Mini series I was hooked.

I loved Season One. I've no idea when season 2 will be on over here, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/Jimyyz2112/Sfi/Collectormania/katee002.jpg

Caught the season finale last week.

Kinda of surprises me I haven't been following it, because I remember

wanting to check it out before the season began.

But anyway I'm glad I finally did. Thought the acting was above average.

Story line was good also. Liked the effects. I'll have to try harder.

Thank the sci-fi gods for this show. After Farscape and Firefly got unfairly axed, I thought there was no hope for an honest to goodness sci-fi show. Everything else is mediocre at best. Galactica rules!! Only thing missing is 2.gif playing the show's theme. 1022.gif

Season2, Episode2: OMGs -- has tv ever been this good before?!? I don't remember ever being this enthralled by a show before. Edited by Hypatia

I was a Babylon 5 type of fan myself. I just can't seem to get into the new Galactica. I guess I'm biased from watching the old series as a kid, even though watching it now it's pretty cheesy.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Sark @ Jul 29 2005, 12:08 PM)
I was a Babylon 5 type of fan myself. I just can't seem to get into the new Galactica. I guess I'm biased from watching the old series as a kid, even though watching it now it's pretty cheesy.

Yup, I am quite fond of B5 myself. BG is one of the very few sf shows that comes up to the B5 standard, IMO. I never saw more than a clip or two of the original BG series, so I guess it's easier for me to get into the new one without preconceived notions.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Jul 29 2005, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Jul 29 2005, 12:08 PM)

Yup, I am quite fond of B5 myself. BG is one of the very few sf shows that comes up to the B5 standard, IMO. I never saw more than a clip or two of the original BG series, so I guess it's easier for me to get into the new one without preconceived notions.

BG has become a Friday night ritual for me as well. It's an excellent show.

Babylon 5 was the greatest Sci-Fi series of all time.

Interestingly, I was slow to get into both shows, seeing both in the very beginning, not particularly liking either one, but then giving them another shot further along and changing my opinion.

• Like 1

It took me awhile to get over the fact that Starbuck is a woman in this series, but I really like it now! I have Season 1 and Season 2.0 on dvd. I work nights and every Friday too, so I have missed the second half of season 2, along with SG-1 and SG-Atlantis. Thank goodness for DVD sets! I should invest in a VCR, or better yet a TiVo.

This show is doing what Bab5 did, its developing the characters. Its not depending on the graphic effects to pull you in. If only the Bab5 peeps had followed that mindset on Crusade.

Edited by Xeislan
  • Like 1

Just started watching the series on dvd. I've watched about 7 shows. I love it! Very well done. It has great storylines and characters. Can;t wait to see the rest of it.

I almost missed the season premier...HOLY CRAP...it was hard core. I'm not trying to be political here...but am I the only one who noticed the parallel with real current events? Insurgency...suicide bombings...mass execution...could this be intentional? I sure hope not! I would hate for my favorite show to be used in the propaganda machine.