KISS not to play at RRHOF ceremony...

laughedatbytime

Doesn't matter to me either way. I just can't see how two men are going to go onstage and wear the same makeup and costume.

unfortunately, they do it every night onstage

Not with Ace Frehley they don't. You can't have both "space men" on stage. It would look ridiculous.

Doesn't matter to me either way. I just can't see how two men are going to go onstage and wear the same makeup and costume.

Not with Ace Frehley they don't. You can't have both "space men" on stage. It would look ridiculous.

oh I misunderstood, I thought you meant in general that those dudes on stage wearing ace and peter's make-up is shitty

I'll reiterate my remark that the obvious solution to that problem is to have all the members on stage but only the original members wearing the make-up and costumes.

• Like 1

I agree with Presto Digitation on this. It is Kiss sticking it to the RRHOF more than anything else.

I don't care if they don't play. I was able to see the original lineup back in 1996 and 2000 and they killed it back then.

Paul and Gene......call them whatever you want (money grubing blah blah blah) have always given the Kiss Army whatever they have wanted throughout their history. Kiss is an institution much like our beloved Rush is.

If Rush did not perform at the RRHOF......I would have cared less. Seriously......who freaking cares. We all know the RRHOF is a pure fraud to begin with. I would have been fine if Rush and Kiss had never been inducted.

Now that would have been truly.......rock n roll.

Well, they didn't have to accept the nomination though. If they truly wanted to "stick it" to them, they would have told the RRHOF to go f*k themselves (which I thought Gene had planned on doing).

I once stumbled across a Gene Simmons audiobook on YouTube, and it was the chapters he talked about Peter and Ace. There is no love lost there! :D If either of them are even 1/10th as annoying and unreliable as he made them out to be, I can see why Gene and Paul would be done with trying.

And anyway, KISS was never a band, they were a business model. ;)

Well, they didn't have to accept the nomination though. If they truly wanted to "stick it" to them, they would have told the RRHOF to go f*k themselves (which I thought Gene had planned on doing).

True……true.

It's an awkward situation. To have all the members up there would be strange because you'd have two guys wearing the same makeup (two space aces and two cat men). It could be that Gene figured it could only work with one lineup and it would seem fair to use the most recent lineup since they lasted a lot longer. the first lineup was only around for about 6 years.

Personally, I prefer the original lineup, myself.

Heart has had personnel changes over the years and they managed it. The guys in KISS have always been assholes. That's just all there is to it.

And remember the MTV special when (Ace & Peter) joined the "current" line up at the time on stage and played together. That was the start of the very first reunion tour plans. All seemed to get along fine for that ocassion. Why couldn't they just once put on a brave face for this special event? :huh:

I'll reiterate my remark that the obvious solution to that problem is to have all the members on stage but only the original members wearing the make-up and costumes.

I really don't see that as an obvious solution......or any solution for that matter.

It's a catch-22. Either way they do it, there will be two guys up there feeling like they're second-class members of the band.

You know, they could all just jam without the costumes and makeup and eliminate the drama. Oddly enough they're the same songs in street clothes.

Bingo! I'm a KISS fan from a few years back and I would certainly enjoy seeing each of the living members, past and present, take a solo or a time at the mic. Many great (and not so great) players have played with them and I think it would be a class thing for G & P to get them all out for one more spin. Won't happen, but hey...

Another way to settle this is for KISS to be replaced altogether in the RRHOF. Maybe Yes could take their spot.

You're joking right? I think Yes may never get in because of the absolute cluster fornication of members and ex-members.

Too much money and history and childish behavior ruins some bands forever.

Another way to settle this is for KISS to be replaced altogether in the RRHOF. Maybe Yes could take their spot.

You're joking right? I think Yes may never get in because of the absolute cluster fornication of members and ex-members.

Too much money and history and childish behavior ruins some bands forever.

yes and kiss have both had f*cked up line-ups

Kiss has finally made the cover of RollingStone. With literally the only buzz going down about the ho-hum 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction next month, literally all anyone’s talking about is Kiss not reforming for the ceremony. Gene Simmons, who seems to relish in the fact that he and Paul Stanley refuse to perform the customary three song set with Ace Frehley and Peter Criss, told the magazine: “I keep thinking about Ace and Peter. What are they doing now? Where are they?’ It’s gotta be close to the end. How do you make any money? How do you make any money? How do you pay your bills?"

Simmons said that Frehley and Criss “. . . no longer deserve to wear the paint. The makeup is earned. Just being there at the beginning is not enough… And if you blow it for yourself, it's your fault. You can’t blame your band members. 'Oh, look what happened to me. Oh, poor me.' Look at my little violin. I have no sympathy."

Criss revealed that Simmons and Stanley offered to allow Frehley and Criss to come up and jam with the current band during the ceremony saying, “I won’t be disrespected. How can you put me in the Hall of Fame and then tell me to go sit over there in the corner while another guy puts on my makeup and plays? That’s an injustice. To the fans, too."

Ace Frehley countered the decision to keep him and Criss off the stage by saying: "The reason they don’t want to perform with me and Peter is because the last time they did, they had to do a reunion tour. We play three songs, the fans go crazy. They don't want to open up acan of worms." In aside note, Frehley revealed that despite common belief that he signed away the rights to his “Spaceman” stage persona-- he only licensed it to Simmons and Stanley and that the rights will soon revert back to him. Former Kiss filmmaker Tommy Thayer now "portrays" Frehley's character in Kiss' live show. Unlike Frehley's original replacement Vinnie Vincent -- who was given his own unique persona -- fans have had mixed reactions to Thayer duping some fans into thinking Frehley is still playing with the band. Thayer looks at it from a theatrical, rather than ahistorical perspective: "You've had different guitarists in and out of the band, and different members -- at this point, if you start introducing newcharacters and newmakeup designs and things, that I think that it really dilutes the whole core and, y'know, the original foundation of what Kiss is. And those four original characters are certainly the whole basis of it. To change that and come upwith a new design or character, it just convolutes things."

[/Quote]

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Eh, it comes with the territory. They've had splinterings in the ranks since late 1979....so that's 35 years. If Kiss fans aren't used to it by now, when will they be? Not every band can be like Rush, who, let's face it, are an anomaly in the rock world. More bands around so long are like Kiss in some form or fashion than not when it comes to member changes, in-fighting, etc.

In other words: nothing new.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1