All in the Family

Thunder Bay Rush

As a big fan of malapropisms, Archie was always one of my favourites:

"A witness shall not bear falsies against thy neighbor."

"Last will and tentacle…"

"A woman doctor is only good for women’s problems…like your groinocology."

"A menstrual show."

"the Women’s Lubrication Movement."

"That's the kind of luck poor Mr. Lincoln had the night he went to the movies....as he sat in John Wilkes' booth."

"It's a proven fact that capital punishment is a well-known detergent to crime."

"They just wanna get rid of us old guys over 50 that's all, and put us out to pasture. Well I ain't ready to be pasteurized!"

"I ain't got no respect for no religion where the head guy claims he can't make no mistakes. Like he's, waddya call, inflammable."

"I've gotta consecrate myself on this newspaper."

"two sheeps that pass in the night"

"They're gonna keep the ashes around the house in one of them silver urinals"

"I just don't want you to do nothing on the sperm of the moment."

"The sexual act was never constipated."

Sounds like Eva Gabor in Green Acres 80's style. ;)

Awesomeness and it still holds up today.... When television was great.... :cheers: :codger:

:musicnote: Those were the days... :musicnote:

As a big fan of malapropisms, Archie was always one of my favourites:

"A witness shall not bear falsies against thy neighbor."

"Last will and tentacle…"

"A woman doctor is only good for women’s problems…like your groinocology."

"A menstrual show."

"the Women’s Lubrication Movement."

"That's the kind of luck poor Mr. Lincoln had the night he went to the movies....as he sat in John Wilkes' booth."

"It's a proven fact that capital punishment is a well-known detergent to crime."

"They just wanna get rid of us old guys over 50 that's all, and put us out to pasture. Well I ain't ready to be pasteurized!"

"I ain't got no respect for no religion where the head guy claims he can't make no mistakes. Like he's, waddya call, inflammable."

"I've gotta consecrate myself on this newspaper."

"two sheeps that pass in the night"

"They're gonna keep the ashes around the house in one of them silver urinals"

"I just don't want you to do nothing on the sperm of the moment."

"The sexual act was never constipated."

And don't forget the "terlet"...... :LOL:

There was no such thing as homophobia in those days. Maybe it's hard for you to grasp, but he was playing a character and a very funny one at that. PC society is taking over and that's a bad thing.

Do you really expect us to believe you even knew the word misogynistic much less what it meant as a kid? I smell "Monday morning All In The Family".

Pardon me?

First off, maybe it's hard for *you* to grasp, but homophobia has always existed regardless of what it may have been called. If you think that the elimination of homophobia and hatred is a bad thing, well then, I'm very glad you are not a friend of mine.

Secondly, are you doubting my intelligence? What makes you think you know what I understood as a child? Not that I have to explain anything to you, but I was not a small child when All In The Family was aired. It aired from when I was 7 until I was 15, and I was most certainly able to see and identify misogyny at that age.

No, homophobia hasn't "always" existed. A very long time ago, homosexuals were way back in the closet and very few people knew about them and therefore had nothing to "fear". As for the word homophobia, it is a huge misnomer as "phobia" is the irrational fear of something. The person who first used it either was ignorant of that or purposely used it to make a point. Probably an angry gay who wanted those who disagree with that lifestyle to appear as bad as possible.

And I still don't believe you knew the word misogynist at age 7 but that has nothing to do with your intelligence.

A very long time ago, homosexuals were way back in the closet and very few people knew about them

Huh?

Ignore him. He knows not what he's doing.

• Like 1

A very long time ago, homosexuals were way back in the closet and very few people knew about them

Huh?

Ignore him. He knows not what he's doing.

There's no point in arguing with a guy who uses a photo of Himmler as his avatar.

• Like 3

Very brave and important show for its time, treading ground in ways you could only do on cable today. Network TV!?!? LOLOL!!! Not in this day and age. No one would have the balls and everyone would be offended if they did.

It was mentioned above, but the looks of exasperation Archie gives Edith when she goes on still makes me laugh until I hurt. The chemistry that O'Conner and Stapleton had was amazing.

I love it more today than when it aired (when I was young and didn't really understand it). Recommend it for anyone who's never watched it. At times it seems like pretty tame TV and then it gets ramped up in ways that will definitely turn your head and drop your jaw....

:goodone:

I loved it then and I love it now! Great actors who played the perfect parts. The PC crowd in todays world are hypocrites. Their is so much BS on TV today. The actors today never would have never made the cut. ;)

There was no such thing as homophobia in those days. Maybe it's hard for you to grasp, but he was playing a character and a very funny one at that. PC society is taking over and that's a bad thing.

Do you really expect us to believe you even knew the word misogynistic much less what it meant as a kid? I smell "Monday morning All In The Family".

Pardon me?

First off, maybe it's hard for *you* to grasp, but homophobia has always existed regardless of what it may have been called. If you think that the elimination of homophobia and hatred is a bad thing, well then, I'm very glad you are not a friend of mine.

Secondly, are you doubting my intelligence? What makes you think you know what I understood as a child? Not that I have to explain anything to you, but I was not a small child when All In The Family was aired. It aired from when I was 7 until I was 15, and I was most certainly able to see and identify misogyny at that age.

No, homophobia hasn't "always" existed. A very long time ago, homosexuals were way back in the closet and very few people knew about them and therefore had nothing to "fear". As for the word homophobia, it is a huge misnomer as "phobia" is the irrational fear of something. The person who first used it either was ignorant of that or purposely used it to make a point. Probably an angry gay who wanted those who disagree with that lifestyle to appear as bad as possible.

And I still don't believe you knew the word misogynist at age 7 but that has nothing to do with your intelligence.

Holy shit balls.

Gotta watch out for them angry gays

Edited by Xanadoood

Pardon me?

Holy shit balls.

Gotta watch out for them angry gays

A truth well-documented by Dr. Seinfeld's work. :)