Can Clockwork Angels Be Topped?

upstateNYfan

Yes I think it can. I wasn't all that impressed by the album. I think it has some really good parts (Caravan, Headlong Flight, The Garden) but the rest if it is kind of blah.
  • Like 3

I don't know what they could do that they haven't done before. Something dark, maybe? Daring? Emotionally gripping stuff touching on areas of the psyche once thought impossible for them to handle, and yet somehow pulled off in a critically-acclaimed instant classic that could only be done by them?

Sorry, too much coffee again. :doh:

• Like 2

I don't know what they could do that they haven't done before. Something dark, maybe? Daring? Emotionally gripping stuff touching on areas of the psyche once thought impossible for them to handle, and yet somehow pulled off in a critically-acclaimed instant classic that could only be done by them?

Sorry, too much coffee again. :doh:

Something like Caress Of Steel on steroids. Something dark and dreary and not real uplifting. Go out with a bang. And calm down the f**king production please!! I don't need 50 layers of everything!! :)
  • Like 7

I do see Rush going a bit darker. But topping Clockwork Angels? Maybe, but it'd be tough. I'd say it's their second best album ever, behind Movibg Pictures, with Permanent Waves and 2112 right behind.

It's going to be incredibly difficult at this point in their careers, but they took a quantum leap forward with CA over the dreadful S&A, so, sure, it's possible.
  • Like 2

Clockwork Angels is simply outstanding. The storyline, the playing, the sequence, the dynamics. It's got everything Rush.

Can it be topped?

This might be unpopular, but I can't see them outdoing it, and frankly, they should have a little fun on the next tour.

:yes:

And I hope they do. Less overdubbing and more "space".

Kind of ironic how Alex wanted to get rid of the keyboards so he wouldn't have to "find a place". Now he fills every nook and cranny in the song. Let it breathe Al, let it breathe.

Edited by KennyLee
  • Like 7

I think we're in agreement over some things. Instead of going bigger, they could try and go deeper. Sleek and sharp rather than heavy and blunt.

I think you should write the initial draft (idea/story) and Neil can write the lyrics from your idea. Wouldn't be dull I bet.... :scared: :)

Clockwork Angels is simply outstanding. The storyline, the playing, the sequence, the dynamics. It's got everything Rush.

Can it be topped?

This might be unpopular, but I can't see them outdoing it, and frankly, they should have a little fun on the next tour.

NO -- just finish up with a greatest hits and EPICS Reimagined! tour and go out on top.

Don't do another album.

I want to remember them as having many peaks--

MP

CA

I want them to made a hemispheres #2 concept album as a testament to their older and most devoted fans. And go on tour to play their most obscure songs with no screens and big machines on stage and with their old costumes. No songs past the 90's and i will be happy... Then they could retire on a high note.
  • Like 3

I want them to made a hemispheres #2 concept album as a testament to their older and most devoted fans. And go on tour to play their most obscure songs with no screens and big machines on stage and with their old costumes. No songs past the 90's and i will be happy... Then they could retire on a high note.

but geddy can't even reach high notes anymore!

• Like 1

I think we're in agreement over some things. Instead of going bigger, they could try and go deeper. Sleek and sharp rather than heavy and blunt.

I think you should write the initial draft (idea/story) and Neil can write the lyrics from your idea. Wouldn't be dull I bet.... :scared: :)

This was meant as a compliment BTW, lest there be any confusion.... :)