Imagine Dragons Cover Rush’s ‘Tom Sawyer’

barney_rebel

It wasn't awful. The music wasn't bad, other than botching the solo section, but the dudes voice is not suited to sing Geddy. My girls are really into Rush, and they also like this band. They were abhorred by the way it sounded. I had to laugh.

Quote from Dan Reynolds:

“It’s so cool, because I found this whole new register. I’ve been taking additional voice lessons and figuring out how to tune into my upper range more."

:eh:

Uhhh....

:bitchslap:

• Like 1

Quote from Dan Reynolds:

“It’s so cool, because I found this whole new register. I’ve been taking additional voice lessons and figuring out how to tune into my upper range more."

Uhhh....

He went falsetto, which didn't quite work, did it?
  • Like 2

Quote from Dan Reynolds:

Uhhh....

He went falsetto, which didn't quite work, did it?

:no:

• Like 1

Recorded on a phone of course it's going to sound like shit.

They are one of the more promising new acts out there. I'm definitely a fan and can't wait to hear their next album.

On the Beatles 50th anniversary Ed Sullivan show they did a fantastic version of revolution. Check out their appearance on snl from a couple weeks ago. Pretty impressive.

• Like 1

Recorded on a phone of course it's going to sound like shit.

They are one of the more promising new acts out there. I'm definitely a fan and can't wait to hear their next album.

On the Beatles 50th anniversary Ed Sullivan show they did a fantastic version of revolution. Check out their appearance on snl from a couple weeks ago. Pretty impressive.

Yeah, i thought it was decent. The singer was off, but the instrumentation was pretty solid. The drummer was ok for the most part.

I think its cool that a band who is on the radar with younger kids gives props to Rush..whos to say how many kids may have actually went out after the show and checked out Moving Pictures?..its cool...not sure why people get so offended by it..its good publicity for Rush and adds to their influence.

• Like 3

Thanks for the improved/better video. Could you find an improved audio as well?... :D-13:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DFsBcVMDA

here ya go. ;)

I give them an A for effort but thank you.... :cheers: Edited by Narpzilla

:eh: :no: :facepalm:

What she said..... x 1000

Yeah, i guess only old guys on TRf should only show respect to Rush..come on man, its cool that a band so popular now just gave major props to them

• Like 2

:eh: :no: :facepalm:

What she said..... x 1000

Yeah, i guess only old guys on TRf should only show respect to Rush..come on man, its cool that a band so popular now just gave major props to them

I can't disagree with that part at all. Very cool for anyone to cover them.... Edited by Narpzilla

Speaking of weird Rush covers (though aren't all of the covers a little weird?) has everyone heard Nelly Furtado doing "Time Stand Still"? I still have a hard time believing that exists, and I've heard it.
  • Like 2