Alex Simply Shines Like a Chrome Dome On "I Think I'm Going Bald!" "Caress Of Steel" Is One Of The Best Albums Ever Made! Mercury Records Sucks!

RUSHHEAD666

The return of Earl the Rushhead! What's up big guy? :cheers:

Caress Of Steel is so awesome, it is unlike anything else Rush has done. I'm kinda glad Rush hardly ever plays anything from it and the radio completely ignores it.

Hello my friend!! I miss you too! We've had some great times on here in the past talking rock n roll!!!!!!!!

All is good!!!!

Cheers mate!!

Hope Hatchet Axe And Saw is still around here! I need to get my ass to Ireland!

The new double cd of "Thunder And Lightning" is out! It kicks total ass!!!!!!!!!!!

A little late to the party I see but this is the album that made me go from simply liking the band to a full-fledged love affair with them. I remember seeing the dedication to Rod Serling and at that point, it was like "I got this band, I've figured them out!" And it is also timeless, especially now that a few of us are going bald. But look at the first verse to "Bastille Day." I mean "income inequality" is the term coming out of Washington in 2014. Well, Rush was talking about it in 1975..

There's no bread, let them eat cake

There's no end to what they'll take

Flaunt the fruits of noble birth

Wash the salt into the earth

• Like 1

Never was crazy about ITIGB (too basic, sounds like they wrote it in about ten minutes) but the rest of the album is awesome! I remember when I was 14 learning how to play Fountain Of Lamneth on the drums, front to back. Could never get Dictats and Napets “exactly right” for some reason…
  • Like 1

I don't get Rush fans who complain about lyrics like 'going bald' and 'dog years'. We have the most kick-ass rhythm section on the planet, the most versatile, under-rated guitarist in the universe, but um geez.. Them lyrics (!?!?) REALLY?? ..Who bought 'Caress of Steel' for the lyrics anyway??

We've been humouring kiss for decades, I say let Rush crank out a silly tune once in a while!

K, done ranting, welcome back Big Earl! Lol

• Like 2

My only problem with ITIGB isn't so much the song itself, it's that it sticks out like a sore thumb on that album. Doesn't fit in with the rest of the songs at ALL.

I looked in the mirror today.. I lost a few more hairs..

Even now the intensity of it's dread power can be felt,

My life is slipping away, I'm aging every day

weakening the body and saddening the heart

Ultimately I will become empty, mindless spectres...

stripped of will and soul, but ..even when I'm grey, I'll still be grey my way!

I dunno dude.. Makes sense to me ;)

Don't overthink it.. And check out the drums in D&N!!

Caress of Steel is a heavy metal classic that sits alongside other 1975 metal slabs like Black Sabbath's Sabotage, Scorpions In Trance, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and Thin Lizzy's Fighting, plus Rush's own previous metal slab Fly By Night...

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 4

Caress of Steel is a heavy metal classic that sits alongside other 1975 metal slabs like Black Sabbath's Sabotage, Scorpions In Trance, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and Thin Lizzy's Fighting, plus Rush's own previous metal slab Fly By Night...

Dude! YOU ARE ON FIRE!!

Yet another incredible post!! SO TRUE!!!!!

My only problem with ITIGB isn't so much the song itself, it's that it sticks out like a sore thumb on that album. Doesn't fit in with the rest of the songs at ALL.

I looked in the mirror today.. I lost a few more hairs..

Even now the intensity of it's dread power can be felt,

My life is slipping away, I'm aging every day

weakening the body and saddening the heart

Ultimately I will become empty, mindless spectres...

stripped of will and soul, but ..even when I'm grey, I'll still be grey my way!

I dunno dude.. Makes sense to me ;)

Don't overthink it.. And check out the drums in D&N!!

I think those lyrics are fukking awesome!!!!!

RUSH RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude! YOU ARE ON FIRE!!

:cheers: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Dude! YOU ARE ON FIRE!!

You Rule! "Natural Science" is blasting! PURE BLISS!

let's not forget budgie's bandolier

Dude! YOU ARE ON FIRE!!

You Rule! "Natural Science" is blasting! PURE BLISS!

No Earl YOU rule!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

True! And I was gonna put that in too!

• Like 1

BOC - on your feet, if live albums count

Why is it that I take like six months off from this forum yet many of us on here are still connected through music?

I just saw BOC a few weeks ago in SF at Slim's. They were friggin' amazing.

Then just last night my buddy texted me and asked me if I liked "On Your Feet" or "Some Enchanted Evening" better.

Of course I went with "On Your Knees."

I then told my friend in a text that my top two favorite bands of all time are:

RUSH

BOC

My buddy texted me back, "yeah dude I know that."

Classic!

SOFT WHITE UNDERBELLY

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I don't get Rush fans who complain about lyrics like 'going bald' and 'dog years'. We have the most kick-ass rhythm section on the planet, the most versatile, under-rated guitarist in the universe, but um geez.. Them lyrics (!?!?) REALLY?? ..Who bought 'Caress of Steel' for the lyrics anyway??

We've been humouring kiss for decades, I say let Rush crank out a silly tune once in a while!

K, done ranting, welcome back Big Earl! Lol

seriously, for a forum full of KISS fans, some folks here pick on rush way too much for the 4 or 5 songs with not-so-serious lyrics they've written

• Like 2

Why is it that I take like six months off from this forum yet many of us on here are still connected through music?

Then just last night my buddy texted me and asked me if I liked "On Your Feet" or "Some Enchanted Evening" better.

RUSH

BOC

Classic!

SOFT WHITE UNDERBELLY

for me it's kinda tough - I wanna say on your feet sometimes, but then some enchanted evening and ET live are both awesome too

RUSH

BOC

Classic!

SOFT WHITE UNDERBELLY

for me it's kinda tough - I wanna say on your feet sometimes, but then some enchanted evening and ET live are both awesome too

The Soft White Live Trilogy Of Epic Epicness!

Gosh you are right.

I love them all!!

I think BOC is the greatest American band of all time!

Even "Club Ninja" Rules!

"Imaginos" is a tough one to fall in love with.

What was Joe Satriani thinking about on track 5?

speaking of cool BOC shit...met the lead singer of a doom metal band called saint vitus (they aren't very popular on TRF it seems), and he's got a tattoo of BOC's cross on his chest

That frigging ROCKS!!! What an incredible symbol of METAL! It's not just a question mark with three exclamation marks as well! LOL! I think the sign truly refers to METAL! Look it up! That symbol has many meanings!!

I can see where "Fire" is their last great masterpiece. Many people I talk to don't care for "Revolution By Night" or "Club Ninja."

As a young lad from the Eighties I loved those albums. "Shooting Shark" and "Take Me Away" are EPIC!

As for "Club" "White Flags" "Dancin' In The Ruins" and "Perfect Water" well are perfect hits to my ears!

Come on dude! Get those albums pronto!!! They are poppy but they do ROCK!!!!!

BOC FOREVER!

I'll complete their discography at some point. my favorites are tyranny and mutation and secret treaties.

Bathory! Sorry dude! I was in a car crash yesterday! I'm ok, just sore all over. Some woman ran into the back of my Mercedes on the way home from work!

I'm cursed yet blessed!

Anyway, "Secret Treaties" RULES!

"Spectres" and "Agents Of Fortune" too!

I've only been off of the forum for two days and I see newbies on here just don't get it.

No wonder I leave for several months.

Cheers dude!

"CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON!"

• Like 1