http://sharetv.com/images/true_detective-show.jpg

Any body watching this HBO show?

It's only aired 4 episodes of 8 and man it's good!!!

Harrelson is great and McConaughey is awesome....These two guys are absolutely GREAT on this show.

McConaughey and Harrelson are two, just paired together, Louisianna State cops in the CID who are investigating the ritualistic murder of a prostitute in 1995. They have nothing in common and don't really like each other but this is no buddy, buddy cop show. It's dark and mysterious and each cop has his own skeletons in his closet which are slowly revealed throughout the episodes as they unravel what happened.

But all of that is told in flashbacks as the show also takes place in 2012 where Harrelson and McConaughey have moved on in their lives and not spoken since 2002 but are being questioned by other Louisianna cops as a murder similar to the one they worked on in '95 has occurred...Did either of them have anything to do with it?

Don't know yet.

The show so far hasn't been terribly remarkable in it's originality, but it's no rehashing of any other cop story either, and it's not action packed, no car chases or gun fights or bar room brawls so far, just a lot of drama, great story telling, good mystery and top notch performances by both Harrelson and McConaughey...These guys are really great in this show.

If you get the chance by all means check this show out!!!

Here's a link to the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwCoNwBSkQ

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

To put it simply:

True Detective is the best f***ing show on TV right now

There's nothing even close to it IMO. Dark and so smart and so well acted

I think it will go down as one of the greatest seasons in TV history

matthew mcconaughey deserves every single award possible for TV and Woody should be right there with him as supporting actor

I don't know if season 2 of the anthology can match it, but I'll be watching

• Like 1

To put it simply:

True Detective is the best f***ing show on TV right now

There's nothing even close to it IMO. Dark and so smart and so well acted

I think it will go down as one of the greatest seasons in TV history

matthew mcconaughey deserves every single award possible for TV and Woody should be right there with him as supporting actor

I don't know if season 2 of the anthology can match it, but I'll be watching

Absolutely correct!!!!!!

Bloody hell, this is the best thing on TV right now. Why isn't everyone talking about it?!?!?! Coming on the heels of Breaking Bad, this level of quality is appreciated.

Anyone know the plans for future seasons? I know Matthew and Woody are only doing the first season. I guess it follows different stories/characters each year!? Given the level of performance and writing, the show should have little trouble attracting major talent going forward.

• Like 1

Bloody hell, this is the best thing on TV right now. Why isn't everyone talking about it?!?!?! Coming on the heels of Breaking Bad, this level of quality is appreciated.

Anyone know the plans for future seasons? I know Matthew and Woody are only doing the first season. I guess it follows different stories/characters each year!? Given the level of performance and writing, the show should have little trouble attracting major talent going forward.

The only reason nobody is talking about is that nobody other than us has seen it, 'cuz if anybody had seen it they would be talking about it.

This is gonna be one of those shows that everyone is going to scramble to once the first season is long over and the accolades for Harrelson and McConaughey start pouring in like Niagra Falls on steroids. It probably won't be until June or July that people are going to realize they missed something great 'cuz True Detective is gonna clean house at the Emmy's this year.

I love this show and am really bummed that there are only two episodes left, but at the same time realize that if it went longer it would eventually suck...like Lost, and American Boring Story.

I don't know what the future plans are for the show and don't really care, 'cuz there is never gonna be another season like this even if it runs for 20 years. I feel we are getting a real gem here, the kind that only comes around once and we are the lucky few who get to enjoy it, now. And a few months from now when others start asking," Have you seen that show True Detective? You know the one Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey won all those awards for." We can say yes we have and that they are really, really late for the party....suckers.

Can't wait to see what happens, but don't want it to end.

Last week was amazing. I think this is McConaughey's best acting yet. I remember when he was younger I couldn't stand him because he was in all those chick flick movies. Now I'm hooked and can't turn it off.
  • Like 1

Give it two episodes. If you're not hooked, I'll buy you lunch.

You can put away your wallet. I'm up to episode 4. Good stuff.

Hey, I just might buy it anyhow. Glad you're enjoying it.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1

Give it two episodes. If you're not hooked, I'll buy you lunch.

You can put away your wallet. I'm up to episode 4. Good stuff.

Hey, I just might buy it anyhow. Glad you're enjoying it.

Far be it from me to turn down a free lunch. I'm up to about half way through episode 6. I'm trying to catch up before Sunday night.

I'm all caught up.

What do you think?

I love it. I think McConaghey must have gotten a new agent in the last few years, who told him to stop doing the crappy 30 something romantic comedies, and use his obvious talent.

I would guess that the senator's and preacher's family have been running a satanic cult for ages in Louisiana, along the lines of how at one time, the Klan was alleged to have conducted ceremonies in the White House

• Like 2

I don't know how you did that thingy with the spoiler, so I gotta do it the olde school way.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Definitely liked the creep factor of the old fort(?) with all the crazy root/stick/branch/dead bodyness. And it was definitely edge of your seat viewing. Really liked that series and I liked how Rust had a change of heart there at the very end, and that they were buddies as well with the :tsk: . But....I'm NEVER satisfied (WTF is wrong with me???!!!) and there were a few things that I wasn't crazy about but I'll wait to get some more replies before I share them.

Overall what a tremendous show. That was top notch.