Geddy Solo

gangsterfurious

I know that this will probably only happen in my wildest dreams, especially considering that Geddy is turning 61 this year and he's already said that he is fulfilled musically through being in Rush.

But I would love another solo album from him.

When I first really discovered Rush a few years back one of the first things I did was download his solo. I read a couple(?) of reviews that compared the album to just another Rush album but there is something different about it, especially lyrically.

I know that a lot of the songs were co-written but I think Geddy had a lot more to do with the lyrics than he does with Rush songs and there is a different feel that I connect with even more than I do most Rush songs, and that is saying a lot.

What do you guys think? Would you like to see another solo from Geddy or are you satisfied alone with Rush as a whole?

• Like 2

I thought My Favourite Headache was an excellent solo effort by him so, yes, I would like to see another solo album by him now I think about it.

Ditto here, although I need to listen to MFH more.

Also, I didn't think it sounded like Rush. Something was different.

• Like 2

I've always been curious about it, guess I will have to listen to it. I would probably love anything that Geddy does :heart:

I think that in some of the songs his voice sounds deeper in a way that you can feel in your soul.

• Like 1

Snoozefest

Not the point. Though with your temperament I can see why you would feel that way.

Snoozefest

Not the point. Though with your temperament I can see why you would feel that way.

Is the point. Why make the same mistake twice?

My Favourite Headache appears to be a compendium of tracks that were too shit for T4E. I rate T4E as easily Rush's worst album, a veritable toilet bowl full of putrid feces.

Snoozefest

My Favourite Headache appears to be a compendium of tracks that were too shit for T4E. I rate T4E as easily Rush's worst album, a veritable toilet bowl full of putrid feces.

Well I wouldn't expect somebody as soulless as you to relate to the album Tony... Dur.

• Like 2

Snoozefest

Well I wouldn't expect somebody as soulless as you to relate to the album Tony... Dur.

It's Geddy Lee. He's Jewish - he ain't got no soul.

Snoozefest

Oh don't start with the religion on this thread Tony, they're going to have to move it into SOCN and I don't want that.

Snoozefest

Oh don't start with the religion on this thread Tony, they're going to have to move it into SOCN and I don't want that.

You mentioned "soul" old girl.

If you're heart is aching, just remove the shame

You've got to want it, give your soul a shaking

Read more: Geddy Lee - Runaway Train Lyrics | MetroLyrics

• Once I have lyrics, being able to shape them around a song is nothing new for me, I've been doing that for 25 years. The soul searching part of it, the spontaneous part of it, that was, and remains, a really terrific process.
    Global Bass interview (2000)

Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 1

although I might as well give it a try, since I've already heard greg lake's shitty solo album, phil collins' shitty solo albums, etc

What does Phil Collins touch that doesn't turn to shit? He needs to get back behind the drums, do some backup vocals only and put Peter Gabriel back behind the main mic.

• Like 2

although I might as well give it a try, since I've already heard greg lake's shitty solo album, phil collins' shitty solo albums, etc

What does Phil Collins touch that doesn't turn to shit? He needs to get back behind the drums, do some backup vocals only and put Peter Gabriel back behind the main mic.

You mean Phil Collins the fourth best selling artist of all time?

You mean Phil Collins the fourth best selling artist of all time?

Some people like crap.

• Like 2

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY1ODA3NjU0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU1NTQyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_.jpg

This is the Phil Collins I know.