Neil's Best Drumming Album

agubrizbassman

What i mean to say, the album that features Pratt's greatest drumming skills, I would have to say Fly By Night and AFTK, but of course he's Neil Freakin Peart, What album isn't he awesome in!?

Hemispheres

All of them. :)

Yes...in my mind, it's impossible to separate the best from the best.

You can pick A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres because of all the tricky middle 8s and time signatures in general, but the later stuff is just as challenging, I think, just because of the way he approaches the instrument. Even in the 'simpler' songs, nobody plays like Neil. Nobody else has so many of those fills that he tosses off, seemingly in his sleep. He is the master!

Gemini >

Better question to ask would be "What is Neil's worst drumming album"?

The very first Rush album…

• Like 1

Hard to pick a “best” but Moving Pictures is likely the one… the power, the great fills and even the way Terry Brown produced his drums on that album. And, the Tama drums sounded so good. Unreal.

If I am allowed to include a second best - Permanent Waves.

Anything pre-Gruber, except for CA where he stepped it up like the old days (Although the drums sound like crap on the album, compared to the Caravan/BU2B single). Presto is an underrated drumming album! (I played to it just last week for the first time in a few years!) :Neil: