what's for breakfast??

hobo73

Trying to decide between doughnuts and coffee or pancakes and bacon. Doughnuts are fast and no dishes to clean up. But pancakes and bacon are sooo good.

Doughnuts and bacon. You know you want to.

How perfect would a bacon topped maple bar be?!

Tomorrow I shall master fried egg with a runny yolk! And peanut butter toast. I must have peanut butter toast with my eggs :P
  • Like 1

tea... and yeah, that it :D

tea... and yeah, that it :D

Eat some fruit and some chia seed pudding!!!

:P

:sundog: mmmmmmmyummmy

let's UPDATE this thread! I just made a dish I haven't made in over a Year. Saw it first in the movie "V For Venegeance", and according to the writer(s) it's called "Eggies In A Basket" http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Food%20-Cooking/MyFaveFoods-Eggies-In-A-Basket.jpg I still have the 'knack'!

VERY YUMMY!

Ingredients:

Any type of bread (regular Loaf type works for me, but any type as far as Wheat, Rye, Pumpernikle etc.)

Butter is best, but Margarine if you have issues with butter...

spices to taste

eggs

Proceedure: use waxed paper on counter, and butter both sides of the bread slices. Add seasonings (I use garlic powder, Onion powder and black pepper grinder, grill bread to just about the color you wish, then use a small can (I use a small Contadina tomato paste can with both ends removed) to cut a hole in the center of the bread, and fill the hole with an egg. Flip the bread to desired done-ness of the egg you want and also cook the 'holes' you cut out.

Get creative! you can mess with this recipe in any way you want....let me know about how you do/like it!

ORFie

Edited by OldRUSHfan

P.S. I use a Cuisinart "Five-In-One Griddler" Best kitchen cooker I've ever had! :wub:

let's UPDATE this thread! I just made a dish I haven't made in over a Year. Saw it first in the movie "V For Venegeance", and according to the writer(s) it's called "Eggies In A Basket" http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Food%20-Cooking/MyFaveFoods-Eggies-In-A-Basket.jpg I still have the 'knack'!

VERY YUMMY!

Ingredients:

Any type of bread (regular Loaf type works for me, but any type as far as Wheat, Rye, Pumpernikle etc.)

spices to taste

eggs

Proceedure: use waxed paper on counter, and butter both sides of the bread slices. Add seasonings (I use garlic powder, Onion powder and black pepper grinder, grill bread to just about the color you wish, then use a small can (I use a small Contadina tomato paste can with both ends removed) to cut a hole in the center of the bread, and fill the hole with an egg. Flip the bread to desired done-ness of the egg you want and also cook the 'holes' you cut out.

Get creative! you can mess with this recipe in any way you want....let me know about how you do/like it!

ORFie

My kids love eggs in a basket.
  • Like 1

VERY YUMMY!

Ingredients:

spices to taste

eggs

ORFie

My kids love eggs in a basket.

Me also!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Food%20-Cooking/YUMMY1.gif

I drove back to Texas from New Mexico today. I got up at 4 AM to fuel up the truck and me. Breakfast was an Allsup's chimi with their incredibly bad for you, but incredibly good for the soul, taco sauce and some coffee the clerk says was brewed at 3 AM (she must have meant 3 AM last Thursday). Still, it was a great breakfast. Long live the Allsup's chimichanga (those with New Mexico/West Texas connections know I speak the truth!)
  • Like 2

A couple eggs, over easy, with whole wheat toast.

huh....me too. exactly. except I blew the yokes. stupid lack of coordination.

so what are we having tomorrow? :D

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

huh....me too. exactly. except I blew the yokes. stupid lack of coordination. so what are we having tomorrow? :D

Probably Raisin Bran :D

huh....me too. exactly. except I blew the yokes. stupid lack of coordination. so what are we having tomorrow? :D

Probably Raisin Bran :D

Oops I missed that one today. Peanut Butter toast for me. I'm usually in a hurry and whip up something quick.
  • Like 1