Overlooked Led Zeppelin Songs

Mr. Not

Also, even though it gets lots of attention, I think Achilles Last Stand is 99% as awesome as Kashmir. A+ heavy prog.

Psssst...it's even a smidgen better :D-13:

I appreciate your argument, but Kashmir (and the Rain Song) have mellotron. And metal mellotron trumps everything. :nya nya:

lol, whatever...ALS rules today at least! :D-13:

Well, since this song was played by the band in 1970 and didn't show up on vinyl until CODA... It was overlooked by LZ. Was to be included in LZ II but never got on.

• Like 1

Rod, Down By The Seaside is awesome!!

People turn away

People turn away....so far away, so far away

^^that shift in the song kicks ass!

• Like 3

Carouselambra, Night Flight, Down By the Seaside, and my favorite, The Rain Song.

Also, even though it gets lots of attention, I think Achilles Last Stand is 99% as awesome as Kashmir. A+ heavy prog.

I hadn´t noticed you picked Down By the Seaside, so I mentioned it again...and well done for remembering Night Flight! Physical Grafitti is so awesome that even nowadays there are still deep cuts in it to be discovered.

• Like 1

I remember the first time I heard When the Levee Breaks.

I was amazed at how dark and ominous it was. And SO HEAVY.

Then the ending knocked me on my ass.

Great song.

Did you see Argo? There´s a scene where the US diplomats are at the Canadian embassy (I think) and they think they´ll be easily rescued the next day, so they spend the night with good food, wine and relaxing, not knowing how tough it will be to get out of that situation alive...When the levee Breaks kicks in, and it sets up the mood for the scene in a great way!

I remember the first time I heard When the Levee Breaks.

I was amazed at how dark and ominous it was. And SO HEAVY.

Then the ending knocked me on my ass.

Great song.

Did you see Argo? There´s a scene where the US diplomats are at the Canadian embassy (I think) and they think they´ll be easily rescued the next day, so they spend the night with good food, wine and relaxing, not knowing how tough it will be to get out of that situation alive...When the levee Breaks kicks in, and it sets up the mood for the scene in a great way!

I DID see Argo, but there is so much good music in that movie, I had forgotten about Zeppelin. :blink:

Kashmir

And the last song off of the first album. I don't remember the name (If the Sun Refused to Shine??) and my computer is very uncooperative today so I can't look it up.

"I would still be lov'in you".... :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: Beautiful song :yes:
  • Like 2

Kashmir

And the last song off of the first album. I don't remember the name (If the Sun Refused to Shine??) and my computer is very uncooperative today so I can't look it up.

"I would still be lov'in you".... :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: Beautiful song :yes:

Isn't it?

"When mountains crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me.... :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: "

Kashmir

Isn't it?

"When mountains crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me.... :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: "

"Inspirations what you are to me"..... :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: Thank You... simple and beautiful

Kashmir

This phrase is used to describe lots of things musically, but for Kashimir it is absolutely true... Here it goes... Ready?

Kashimir was ahead of it's time.

I saved all of my ticket stubs too. I even had an unused Fillmore East ticket that was, well, never used. I kept them in my wallet. One day we went up to Hunter Mountain and left a lot of our belongings in the trunk. Someone broke into the trunk and took everything. There went my ticket stubs.

By the way, don't you love the ever so affordable price of concerts back then?

Like the WPLJ Led Zep button too! Do you remember WCBS FM with "The Wizard"? I think it was 101.2.

I say All My Love. With the buttload of stuff that's was going on in that time period, it was incredible to see those guys pull a pretty great track in that album. Plus, John Paul Jones' keyboard parts, especially the solo, was awesome.
  • Like 3

....I may or may not have BLASTED Kashmir this morning and sang the entire song to Lucy. I probably did, though.
  • Like 1