Overlooked Led Zeppelin Songs

Mr. Not

"Out on the Tiles" has a mean riff. The song's worth listening to for that alone.

"Ten Years Gone" is an absolute favorite of mine. I wouldn't say it's very overlooked, but I'll go against my better judgement and put it here as well.

• Like 2

Would Custard Pie be considered overlooked? Always one of my favorites to turn up way back in the day.... :)
  • Like 1

Stairway to Heaven

Black Dog

Rock and Roll

Whole Lotta Love

In truth, there are none. Like the Beatles, the Zeppelin catalog has been analyzed pretty thoroughly. There aren't a whole lot of truly "deep tracks."

How bout :hotdog: ? :D
  • Like 4

I think "In the Light" from Physical Graffiti is often overlooked. As an album, Led Zeppelin III is often dismissed. I love the tunes "Tangerine" and "That's the Way", which I don't hear about too much.
  • Like 4

Whether or not something is overlooked or not depends on who's doing the looking. If it's me looking, and I can only really speak for me let's face it, none of them are overlooked because I've listened to the albums zillions of times and know them all very well...
  • Like 1

Tea For One from Presence. A nice, long, bluesy jam with a great vocal delivery from Plant.

That whole album (minus Achilles Last Stand and Nobody's Fault But Mine) is overlooked. Pretty awesome stuff. For Your Life, Royal Orleans, Tea For One, Candy Store Rock. Love that album.

• Like 4

I don't know what "overlooked" means vis-a-vis Led Zeppelin, but here are a few of my favorite non-radio tunes I don't hear mentioned often:

Friends

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Ten Years After Gone

Carouselambra

Edit: Ridiculous typo in the song title! Thanks ReRushed...

Edited by Chronos

What Is and What Should Never Be

I heard this one while watching "Silver Linings Playbook." The director, David O. Russell, in a moment of Scorsese-like inspiration, used this song while one of the main characters was having a total meltdown, and at first I thought, "Why is he using THIS song here?" But as the scene went on, this decidedly non-chaotic song actually added to the chaos of the scene, and it made me appreciate the song in a whole new way. Brilliant.

• Like 1

What Is and What Should Never Be

I heard this one while watching "Silver Linings Playbook." The director, David O. Russell, in a moment of Scorsese-like inspiration, used this song while one of the main characters was having a total meltdown, and at first I thought, "Why is he using THIS song here?" But as the scene went on, this decidedly non-chaotic song actually added to the chaos of the scene, and it made me appreciate the song in a whole new way. Brilliant.

That's one of my favourite Zeppelin songs since way, way back...

• Like 1

Stairway to Heaven

Black Dog

Rock and Roll

Whole Lotta Love

In truth, there are none. Like the Beatles, the Zeppelin catalog has been analyzed pretty thoroughly. There aren't a whole lot of truly "deep tracks."

How bout :hotdog: ? :D

You bet me to it :facepalm:

• Like 1

I think "In the Light" from Physical Graffiti is often overlooked. As an album, Led Zeppelin III is often dismissed. I love the tunes "Tangerine" and "That's the Way", which I don't hear about too much.

In some ways, I actually prefer Led Zeppelin III to their fourth album, most likely because I just played their fourth album to death, like everyone else who loves Zeppelin.

Stairway to Heaven

Black Dog

Rock and Roll

Whole Lotta Love

True. I noticed that, like The Beatles, each individual LZ song has it's own wikipedia page.

Also, I noticed that in the "Overlooked Deep Purple Songs" thread a lot of conversation about songs as well as albums was sparked, and I figured this would be a good way of doing that with Led Zeppelin as well. Probably more effective to do this than just starting a thread blatantly saying "Let's talk about LZ's discography! ...Alright, where to start?". Similarly a favorite songs thread would have yielded a lot of what you put there, songs that we already know well about as opposed to, not per se deep tracks, but certainly not played to death.

In a local guitar shop to where I live they once put a sign up several signs that read "NO STAIRWAY", this sign was directed at people who wanted to test the guitars.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

In some ways, I actually prefer Led Zeppelin III to their fourth album, most likely because I just played their fourth album to death, like everyone else who loves Zeppelin.

I prefer any Zeppelin album to their 4th album, for the same reason you gave..... :D

The only songs I play from the 4th album are The Battle of Evermore and Going To California. All the others have been "retired". When I'm driving, and the radio station starts playing Stairway To Heaven, I change the station immediately. I just can't listen to it anymore.....