Rush to Play Coachella?

BasqueNYC

As always every year Rush is a Rumored to play at CA, Coachella festival which I go to sometimes but it's too damn hot!! But for Rush I'll deal with it.But it seems to be gaining steam since Roger Waters stellar performance last year and with Rush gaining popularity with hipsters (I never though I'd see the day) and reading Coachella main site it seems Rush is the band the want to see headline (and again I never thought I'd see the day).Coachella has always been more catered to the indie crowd which is fine but has gone mainstream since the 2004 Re uniting of the Pixes.

But would be cool to see Rush play there and do a stripped down set of say 45-60mins and I front of a beautiful area where you see deserts,Mountains,etc just totally empty just fans from all over the world.I know my Aussie Rush long suffering fans will love this cause will def jump on a flight to CA to see them,than again I see fans from around the world when I see them in NYC specially at the than brand new arena in Brooklyn Barclays Center 10/22/12 like a nite before hurricane Sandy(Even hurricanes can't stop Rush! Lol) came in to NYC.But I notice hipsters in there and wasn't surprised since Brooklyn is hipster capital of the world ...sigh

Only thing thing that seems to shoot this down was that I read there taking off in 2014(or not I get confused a lot) but they did SARStock but i can see that was more personal to the boys helping out Their hometown.But to see them at Coachella would be interesting

If this was posted all ready sorry

even if they do it the audience at coachella just wants to hear mumford & sons and arcade fire and all that other pussy shit

Ah man I love those bands.

• Like 3

even if they do it the audience at coachella just wants to hear mumford & sons and arcade fire and all that other pussy shit

Don't forget hipster shit!

Edit: Just searched up some of the bands that performed at Coachella and was surprised to see that Tool, Mastodon and Porcupine Tree played Coachella in 2006, 2009 and 2010 respectively. Still, I can't picture Rush playing at Coachella.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

Don't forget hipster shit!

Edit: Just searched up some of the bands that performed at Coachella and was surprised to see that Tool, Mastodon and Porcupine Tree played Coachella in 2006, 2009 and 2010 respectively. Still, I can't picture Rush playing at Coachella.

Hopefully some art school douche group will try to cover one of their songs, only to be interrupted mid-performance by correspondence from Rush's management telling them to please stop. :tsk: :no:

• Like 4

Isn't Coachella that snotty festival whose management is mainly concerned with how many celebrities they can get to show up?
  • Like 1

I can't think of Coachella without remembering two things: A live Web cast of the event on YouTube that meant that I didn't have to actually go to the damn thing, and this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_IzYUJANfk[/media]

This was by turns hilarious and disturbingly facepalm-worthy.

• Like 1

I can't think of Coachella without remembering two things: A live Web cast of the event on YouTube that meant that I didn't have to actually go to the damn thing, and this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_IzYUJANfk[/media]

This was by turns hilarious and disturbingly facepalm-worthy.

Hard to believe that is the same species....
  • Like 1

1/3 of my favorite bands have played Cochella, It would be awesome if that stat was raised to 1/2.

I couldn't see that happening, honestly. If they did, the crowd would probably get bored, unless a ton of Rush fans showed up.

1/3 of my favorite bands have played Cochella, It would be awesome if that stat was raised to 1/2.

Would you call it Half Rush or Rush Over Two?

Ha. Well truth be told, I am not a purist in thinking that Rush is the only band that produces good music.

Oddly there number one on the polls of bands "that fans want to see" this shot up after Roger Waters performance and that Rush has now become "cool" as in me walking down St Marks in manhattan and seeing a hipster with a signals shirt on,I never thought I'd see the day

And yes on the home sight there are some that are not into them but I'd love to see a stripped down show no solo,maybe some rare picks of songs,and it is a cool outdoor venue

Odds are it won't happen but I'd hope it would I'd be on a plane right over there just like when Roger Waters played only thing I hate is the heat eeeyaa

I'm sorry but Kimmel is funny but a lot of these are fake their actors it looks so scripted as does other ones he does but it's still amusing,a friend of mine got stopped by them and was asked to "go along with the questions just agree with us" so on one hand it's amusing on the other it's BS but 2 things are true there are idiots at festivals and Kimmel is one funny mofo

different strokes!

"Whatch you talkin' about Willis?"

Signed,

Gary Coleman

PS: I saw Arcade Fire on Jimmy K. the other night. What a bunch of shite. How many of those musicians are on the Arcade Fire payroll? Worthless with no talent.

The lead singer should be ARCADE FIRED!

If Rush plays in So Cal this summer I'm there! ROAD TRIP!

different strokes!

Signed,

Gary Coleman

PS: I saw Arcade Fire on Jimmy K. the other night. What a bunch of shite. How many of those musicians are on the Arcade Fire payroll? Worthless with no talent.

It's a pity Gary Coleman is dead, he used to kill me with his antics like getting in fights at the grocery store! :oops: :laughing guy:

Can't see Coachella since that is pretty much where bands that are only accepted by critics play. And that ain't Rush. Or if they were a band that were together for like 4 years, sold 50 albums but somehow we all were so stupid and missed out on their God-like abilities, then Coachella would call them. Besides Rush at a multi-band festival for all the "cool people" would stand out like Kanye West at the Hurricane Sandy benefit concert dominated by mainstream old-white rockers; it just wouldn't fit.
  • Like 1

different strokes!

Signed,

Gary Coleman

arcade fire blows!

• Like 1