Danish Zoo kills giraffe and feeds it to Lions

Xanadoood

I don't know how far back this goes, though I think it was quite a few years ago, but I think there was a zookeeper in Germany who requested that when he died, he'd be put into the lion enclosure and eaten. The German authorities wouldn't allow it.

Wh

Was this animal executed and dismembered right in the giraffe exhibit, where anyone who passed by could see it, or in a confined area where only those who were interested could watch? When I go to a zoo I expect to see animals on display in artificial environments, not slaughtered before my eyes. If I wanted to see something like that I'd take a tour of an abattoir.

In was in front of an audience. There was a little Danish boy taking a picture as well. I just skimmed through the video.

I realize it wasn't an endangered species, but that's just messed up, especially when other zoos were willing to take it off their hands.

It's my understanding that 20-30 other animals, mostly goats and pigs, meet the same fate at that zoo each year. Of course, nobody cares about goats and pigs.

When humans play god it is generally for profit and boy can they put on a show no matter what the expense. It is so self serving

Wh

Was this animal executed and dismembered right in the giraffe exhibit, where anyone who passed by could see it, or in a confined area where only those who were interested could watch? When I go to a zoo I expect to see animals on display in artificial environments, not slaughtered before my eyes. If I wanted to see something like that I'd take a tour of an abattoir.

In was in front of an audience. There was a little Danish boy taking a picture as well. I just skimmed through the video.

I realize it wasn't an endangered species, but that's just messed up, especially when other zoos were willing to take it off their hands.

It's my understanding that 20-30 other animals, mostly goats and pigs, meet the same fate at that zoo each year. Of course, nobody cares about goats and pigs.

When humans play god it is generally for profit and boy can they put on a show no matter what the expense. It is so self serving

Well it wasn't really "for profit" considering that they got offers to buy the giraffe from other zoos and turned them down.

Wh

Well it wasn't really "for profit" considering that they got offers to buy the giraffe from other zoos and turned them down.

There was an audience who payed to get in and watch this. Its sick the things that people to see for entertainment.

Well, the same zoo has now killed four lions to make room for a new one.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-danish-zoo-that-killed-giraffe-kills-4-lions/

Because of the pride of lions' natural structure and behavior, the zoo has had to euthanize the two old lions and two young lions who were not old enough to fend for themselves," Copenhagen Zoo said, according to a report in The Guardian.

The four lions -- all from the same family -- were put down on Monday after the zoo failed to find a new home for them, according to the report. The new male will join two females that have just reached breeding age.

Wh

There was an audience who payed to get in and watch this. Its sick the things that people to see for entertainment.

Admission to the zoo costs money :huh: