The very LAST Rush concert should be played at...

Thunder Bay Rush

Whenever that very last show is played (my guess is fairly soon, within two – three years) I say they should go out with guns a’blazin’…

Toronto IS the best city for the show, and the Rogers Centre (where the Blue Jays play baseball) should be the venue. The place holds about 60,000 and yes, I know that Rush wouldn’t normally play there. They’d normally play the ACC (hockey arena, 14,000) or the Molson Amphitheatre (outdoor venue, 16,000.)

But, I think that since it would be the very last show, people would fly in from all over the planet and they’d fill that place with ease. Probably need 2 or 3 shows. And, a concert video would be a no-brainer.

So, whenever the boys finally decide to pack it in, I think they owe to their hometown go out where they first came in…

• Like 6

I think it would be best to surprise the hell out of everybody and play somewhere for the very first time. Somewhere beautiful and nice that nobody would suspect. Myrtle Beach SC would shock the sh*t out of everybody!! :o :blink:
  • Like 2

Why is everybody talking about these kinda stuff? Rush will continue for like 10 more years, if not more, if you ask me. They got such a energy left, and they still love what they do, and they are still best friends.
  • Like 2

I wouldn’t say ten years… maybe two or three. The point of the question is WHEN the last show takes place, where should it be?

I LOVE the idea of Massey Hall for a lot of reasons. Unfortunately I'm not sure it would make logistical sense. They take such pride in their production and lighting. Frankly, I'm not sure Massey could accomodate it. However, it would be amazing to have some sort of stripped down show for a night or two.

Regarding Rogers Centre, I can't see that happening. Rush has been an arena band for 35 years—that's their bread and butter, where they are in their element. Someone in the band made the comment once in an interview that they like to see the reactions and faces, etc., and that playing in places like Brazil and at festivals they lose a measure of intimacy.

I LOVE the idea of Massey Hall for a lot of reasons. Unfortunately I'm not sure it would make logistical sense. They take such pride in their production and lighting. Frankly, I'm not sure Massey could accomodate it. However, it would be amazing to have some sort of stripped down show for a night or two.

Regarding Rogers Centre, I can't see that happening. Rush has been an arena band for 35 years—that's their bread and butter, where they are in their element. Someone in the band made the comment once in an interview that they like to see the reactions and faces, etc., and that playing in places like Brazil and at festivals they lose a measure of intimacy.

They actually CAN do Massey Hall without the production taking a major hit at all.

Today's lighting rigs are built in a way that sections can be added/removed rather easily and there is enough redundancy that even though it wouldn't be a FULL show, all the important elements would still be there. The biggest problem with a small room like that would be the video show which would need a reconfiguration, but again it's not that difficult since the giant video screen is actually just a whole bunch of small segments.. it's just a matter of setting the output matrix to a different config ;)

For those who say RUSH will be around for 10 more years... don't hold your breath.

First off, these guys are never going to call it a day. This isn't KISS, and they aren't in it strictly for the money. They are in the band because they love music and the love each other's company. I don't ever see these guys losing their passion, so maybe one day when they are all in their mid 70s, you might see them back at Massey Hall again. Maybe at some point they will give up touring, but still continue to do the odd one off show.

But, if we gotta end it, a stripped down set at the coffin (sic?) with invites going to their most devoted fans.

Whenever that very last show is played (my guess is fairly soon, within two – three years) I say they should go out with guns a’blazin’…

Toronto IS the best city for the show, and the Rogers Centre (where the Blue Jays play baseball) should be the venue. The place holds about 60,000 and yes, I know that Rush wouldn’t normally play there. They’d normally play the ACC (hockey arena, 14,000) or the Molson Amphitheatre (outdoor venue, 16,000.)

But, I think that since it would be the very last show, people would fly in from all over the planet and they’d fill that place with ease. Probably need 2 or 3 shows. And, a concert video would be a no-brainer.

So, whenever the boys finally decide to pack it in, I think they owe to their hometown go out where they first came in…

Yes to everything, including me flying in for that. I would do it. I want to be a part of that emotional roller coaster of a show. Would be torture though seeing them walk off the stage for the last time.

What is it with all the Gloomy Guses around here lately?

Gloomy? This sounds like a fantasy to me :huh:

Gloomy, negative, musical armageddy. :D

That’s it… I’ve settled it. The last show will be at my place in Kaministiquia, Ontario. I have 160 acres, so there’s lots of room… I’ll build a big ass stage… with a roof in case it rains. I do live off the grid though, so I’ll be bringing in a huge diesel generator.

Oh, and you’re all invited…

In case the boys don’t show up, I’ll have 12 strippers standing by… just in case.

• Like 3

That’s it… I’ve settled it. The last show will be at my place in Kaministiquia, Ontario. I have 160 acres, so there’s lots of room… I’ll build a big ass stage… with a roof in case it rains. I do live off the grid though, so I’ll be bringing in a huge diesel generator.

In case the boys don’t show up, I’ll have 12 strippers standing by… just in case.

Send me a ticket, I'll book the flight now! :dweez:

• Like 1

Send me a ticket, I'll book the flight now! :dweez:

Clothing optional....... :dweez: