First rush album on cd

chasekratzer

First one I was aware of in the UK was Signals about 1985/86.

That was prob a remaster, because signals was first released in 1982.

The first rush album on cd probely wasn't grace under pressure. I remember that my cousins dad got that album on cassette tape. He was going to see them on the grace under pressure tour, but he ended up not going.

The first simultaneous NEW release, meaning the day the album came out so did the CD was Power Windows.

I remember buying it at my local record store on day 1.

From memory the first RUSH CD I remember to EVER be released was Moving Pictures.. but I wouldn't walk across fire for that one.

That dosent sound right. A remaster of moving pictures wasn't released on cd between 1981 and 1985.

I'm aware Signals came out on vinyl in 1982 as I bought it the moment it came out but a mate had an early CD player and I'm pretty sure he had Signals and I don't think it would have been remastered in the mid 80's.

HYF was the first release where CD was the intended format. I believe Moving Pictures, Signals, Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows came out before as rereleases then Rush, FBN, CoS, 2112 and then the live albums (to that point, pre SoH). I bought HYF on CD the day it came out. Lent it to a friend and never asked for it back. Got it again as part of the sectors and reluctantly added it to iTunes recently.

I think I still have the long boxes for the first set of rereleases.

What does SoH mean?