Tuomas Holopainen (Nightwish) solo project - The Life and Times of Scrooge - Official announcement.

Snaked

This I am interested in!

THE DEBUT SINGLE FROM THE TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN SOLO ALBUM OUT IN FEBRUARY 7TH

The first single and the first promo video, A LIFETIME OF ADVENTURE, from the upcoming NIGHTWISH

composer and lyricist Tuomas Holopainen´s solo album, MUSIC INSPIRED BY THE LIFE AND TIMES OF SCROOGE,

will be released on the 7th of February 2014 in Europe.

Because the record stores do not carry the physical single format anymore, the single will be

available only from various mailorders as well as from iTunes.

You can pre-order the single now from the official Nightwish Shop. Pre-ordered singles will be signed by the artist! =>http://www.madsupply.com/scrooge

The artwork for the album and the single are by Don Rosa.

Vocals on the debut single track by Johanna Kurkela.

Music video is directed by Ville Lipiäinen ("SHOWTIME, STORYTIME").

The actual album, MUSIC INSPIRED BY THE LIFE AND TIMES OF SCROOGE, will be released in Europe

on the 11th of April 2014 by Nuclear Blast GmbH.

Album track listing:

TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN:

MUSIC INSPIRED BY THE LIFE AND TIMES OF SCROOGE

01. Glasgow 1877

02. Into The West

03. Duel & Cloudscapes

04. Dreamtime

05. Cold Heart Of The Klondike

06. The Last Sled

07. Goodbye, Papa

08. To Be Rich

09. A Lifetime Of Adventure

10. Go Slowly Now, Sands Of Time

Edited by Snaked

Ooh...he is a genius. I am intrigued, and will be getting this album.

Tuomos is a huge Disney fan. Even if you don't enjoy the source material, I would imagine his enthusiasm for the subject matter will be infectious and accessible. For some reason, I keep thinking of that crazy concept album by Devin Townsend...Ziltoid? That was fun!

Especially since Nightwish, like all metal bands, are banned from The Magic Kingdom.

O well...I'm excited...

Cool. And Since we know that Floor is joining Nightwish this is not like a solo project that will result in the end of Nightwish. It just a side project and with Floor we will get more Nightwish. Double cool. Definitely have to get this (plus any new Nightwish when that comes out). Now if I could just get to see Nightwish live. Their recent DVD is real good...

I did love Annete.

Still, woop woop Floor!

And this Scrooge is sounding more and more like a funky little gem as time goes on! Bring on the McDuck love!

I love the artwork.

Johanna Kurkela? She was on Sonata's worst album, the one where they took a symphonic direction like Nightwish.

I'm interested in what Tuomas has to do so long as the rest of the album is instrumental -_-

Generally, I'm pretty particular with vocalists I enjoy, and on the top 3 list of vocalists I'll be close minded to are: Operatic Female (Nightwish, Evanescence), Angst Boy (Fall Out Boy, Green Day), and Generic Tough Guy (Disturbed, A7X).

As far as I'm concerned Toumas is Nightwish. I love the orchestration which as far as I know, is what he's mainly responsible for. The not so impressive guitarist Emppu and not-my-style Tarja et al. are what keep me from listening. Emppu's solos aren't bad, they just could be a whole lot better if he was well versed ;)

I've just discovered this album and can't stop listening to it!

Tuomas is a mad genius!

Like me, he is a Disney fanatic and proud! A huge part of why I connect so strongly with Nightwish!

It is not an awful title...it really is EXACTLY what it says on the tin.
  • Like 1