Sector 3 vs 90's remasters?

tas7

22 members have voted

1. 1. SECTOR 3 vs 90's REMASTERS

• SECTOR 3
    • 90's REMASTERS

This is the way to go:

The MFSL Gold Cds

http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/e/6/rush-2112-mobile-fidelity-gold-w-j-card-audiophile-ultradisc-ii-omr-mfsl-sealed-e62d18c06e4292a4471b674ad007265a.jpg

The problem is the price. Right now on amazon this one is listed at £119 and a used copy is £58 ditto the Moving Pictures one.

You can,t take it with you, Ducky.

This is the way to go:

The MFSL Gold Cds

http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/e/6/rush-2112-mobile-fidelity-gold-w-j-card-audiophile-ultradisc-ii-omr-mfsl-sealed-e62d18c06e4292a4471b674ad007265a.jpg

The problem is the price. Right now on amazon this one is listed at £119 and a used copy is £58 ditto the Moving Pictures one.

Don't put me in the grave yet! :codger:

This is the way to go:

The MFSL Gold Cds

I nearly bought the Signals one once but it was expensive,couldn't afford it,didn't have a good enough system,couldn't justify it,etc.Now I have decent gear(but not the money) are they worth considering?I'm happy with the Sectors.
  • Like 1

This is the way to go:

The MFSL Gold Cds

I nearly bought the Signals one once but it was expensive,couldn't afford it,didn't have a good enough system,couldn't justify it,etc.Now I have decent gear(but not the money) are they worth considering?I'm happy with the Sectors.

The sectors sets are fantastic as you know, I am not sure if the extra money is justified?

This is the way to go:

The MFSL Gold Cds

I have the 4 they made. Outstanding CD's.

The Sectors Box Set are the best "remasters" to date. I prefer the MSFL Gold 2112, Permanent Waves, and Signals to the sector remasters but like Moving Pictures on the sector box set.

I really like the MFSL Moving Pictures and Signals. Not sure about Permanent Waves other than it sounds "different." I'm still trying to figure out if the difference is good or bad. I'm not sure I like the MFSL 2112 best though. That one is my least favorite of the audiophile CDs.

Don't forget about the Audio Fidelity versions of Hemispheres, Presto, Roll The Bones and Counterparts although I'm not sure about the Audio Fidelity of Hemispheres. It's good, but I don't know if it's the best of the all the other versions.

Since i am not a collector or completist of all things Rush(I gave up after the penguin picture)I stick with the Sectors.I think they are great .If I was to start amassing plagues of copies of Moving Picture I find I wouldn't be listening to the music,just trying to find technical differences or if you could hear Alex drop a pick.

What is the best audio version of 2112?

ME singing it in the bath! :joker: :guitar: :givebeer: :smoke:

Is that on colored vinyl?

Turquoise!

That is just wrong :facepalm:

You'd buy it! :banana:

uuuuuummmmmm-------no

In a way you already have. :AlienSmiley:

What is the best audio version of 2112?

For CD? I prefer the original Mercury atomic and the Sector release. (Don't have any Japanese CDs, I would suspect that Japanese original is better) I like the Mobile Fidelity better than the Deluxe Edition and the 97 remaster though.

For vinyl, the Gilbert Kong mastering (which I prefer to the original Japanese pressing) I don't have the 200 gram 2015 reissue yet.

That brings up a question - How do the Sectors fare against the original CDs? That's what I have (exceptions: MOFI Moving Pics, and Audio Fidelity Roll the Bones, Counterparts, and Hemispheres).

Depends... For me the Sectors are better through about Permanent Waves.

From there the originals take over. I like the Sector's Power Windows and Hold Your Fire because of the different mixes of some of the songs however so I enjoy the variety of those.

• Like 1

The only good thing about the 90's remasters (Through a Show Of Hands) are the booklets. Those are the only place to find those. I keep toying with the idea of keeping the booklets and selling the 90's remasters without them.

Who would buy these?!?!? I see the 90s remasters sell for a few pennies + shipping with the booklet & CD. I don't think anyone who is sane would pay for just the CDs. Maybe if they are the Canadian Anthem ones.... but even then, pennies at best!

The only good thing about the 90's remasters (Through a Show Of Hands) are the booklets. Those are the only place to find those. I keep toying with the idea of keeping the booklets and selling the 90's remasters without them.

Who would buy these?!?!? I see the 90s remasters sell for a few pennies + shipping with the booklet & CD. I don't think anyone who is sane would pay for just the CDs. Maybe if they are the Canadian Anthem ones.... but even then, pennies at best!

Wasn't exactly expecting a windfall. Thought about donating them to the library as well.

It's a shame too because the booklets are the best part of these better than both the originals and the sectors.

• Like 1